Random Random Chat Thread XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Jake Paul is making something of himself beyond his YouTube stardom and I’m here for it. I don’t care if he’s fighting retired UFC champs; I admire that he’s carving something out for himself and triggering purists.

Noob question incoming.

Do they make any vape that actually takes like tobacco/cigarette? Or are they all like flowers or lollies or whatever pink cruiser flavour is?

Would a vape be a viable method for a 50 year smoker to wean off smoking or perhaps keep an addiction going with potentially less cancerous side effects?... or the need to not smoke a full cig at once (and potentially make Xmas lunch less stinky)

Noob question incoming.

Do they make any vape that actually takes like tobacco/cigarette? Or are they all like flowers or lollies or whatever pink cruiser flavour is?

Would a vape be a viable method for a 50 year smoker to wean off smoking or perhaps keep an addiction going with potentially less cancerous side effects?... or the need to not smoke a full cig at once (and potentially make Xmas lunch less stinky)

Yes you can get tobacco flavoured juice, but I can’t verify how authentic the taste is. The sweet flavoured ones are actually really nice.
Vaping has a very high success rate for giving up smoking, I know of countless hardcore smokers who made the switch.
Despite the propaganda from our mainstream media, it is definitely a healthier alternative. The most comprehensive study from the UK declared it 95% safer than smoking. They have vape shops in hospitals in the UK encouraging people to switch.

The main issue here is that you can’t buy nicotine in OZ, you have to import it from overseas. NZ is the easiest place to get it. But first you need a perscription, which you can get online. Pretty ridiculous, but not too much trouble.

Yes you can get tobacco flavoured juice, but I can’t verify how authentic the taste is. The sweet flavoured ones are actually really nice.
Vaping has a very high success rate for giving up smoking, I know of countless hardcore smokers who made the switch.
Despite the propaganda from our mainstream media, it is definitely a healthier alternative. The most comprehensive study from the UK declared it 95% safer than smoking. They have vape shops in hospitals in the UK encouraging people to switch.

The main issue here is that you can’t buy nicotine in OZ, you have to import it from overseas. NZ is the easiest place to get it. But first you need a perscription, which you can get online. Pretty ridiculous, but not too much trouble.
so do the normal vape oils you buy here not have nicotine?

meaning it wont kill the addiction urge? (unless the smoking style habit kills the urge)

so do the normal vape oils you buy here not have nicotine?

meaning it wont kill the addiction urge? (unless the smoking style habit kills the urge)

Yes all the vape juices sold here are nicotine free by law. People buy those then add nicotine bought from OS.
You definitely want the nicotine if planning to quit smoking.

Apparently there are lots of Milk bars/shops around Melbourne who sell disposable ones with nicotine under the counter. I don’t know of any, but I’m sure all the cool kids know.

Well, they have to want to stop in the first place.
This.

My dad "tried" to give up several times but ultimately went back to the smokes. He then went cold turkey several months before his first hip replacement with the thought that he wouldn't be able to get to the smoking room nor outside for a bit after the operation so he'd kill the urge beforehand.

This worked for him and 6 months later at the pub with a mate, dad was offered a smoke which he accepted, had 1 puff, and thought it was revolting. It was the last time he went near a cigarette.

Question for the room...

I've got an old beat up technics 1200mk2 deck in the shed I just put on marketplace for $80, a second later bloke goes sold.. 5 secs later a guy goes I'll give you $100, I go to guy #1 I just got an $100 offer, gimme that and it's yours. Agreed. In the next ten minutes my messages blew up, almost 30 messages, offers of $300, more. I'm bound to guy one ay?

Next guy, oh man that's a legendary deck, I'd reconsider your price..

Next guy omg I've been waiting for this for years, I'll give you $400...

Old mate has my address, can I back out?

At the end of the day I don't care about it, I just wanted to give some guy in his garage a cheap leg up, if I saw on back on there tomorrow for $500 I'd spew!

So what's marketplace etiquette? Lawless wild west or man stands by deal?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question for the room...

I've got an old beat up technics 1200mk2 deck in the shed I just put on marketplace for $80, a second later bloke goes sold.. 5 secs later a guy goes I'll give you $100, I go to guy #1 I just got an $100 offer, gimme that and it's yours. Agreed. In the next ten minutes my messages blew up, almost 30 messages, offers of $300, more. I'm bound to guy one ay?

At the end of the day I don't care about it, I just wanted to give some guy in his garage a cheap leg up, if I saw on back on there tomorrow for $500 I'd spew!

Lawless wild west.. back out and sell it for what it's worth..

Question for the room...

"Soz dude, change of heart. My kids asked what it is and I got all sentimental when explaining. Not for sale"

Then contact $500 guy and sell to him.

Lonely Ghost Town GIF

I'm about to upgrade my (very) old Samsung S10. Am not necessarily tied to Samsung though am very familiar with them given my last 2 phones were an S7 and an S10.

Anybody got any glowing endorsements for non-Samsung Android phones for a bog standard phone user?

I'm about to upgrade my (very) old Samsung S10. Am not necessarily tied to Samsung though am very familiar with them given my last 2 phones were an S7 and an S10.

Anybody got any glowing endorsements for non-Samsung Android phones for a bog standard phone user?
I've been using the Motorola Edge for a few years now. It's great, does everything a Samsung or iPhone does at about 1/3 of the upfront cost

Remove this Banner Ad

Back