Random Discussion Thread 140- Club Folding Enthusiasts Only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk more s**t about cricket and I will Batista bomb you.

giphy.gif

Talk more s**t about cricket and I will Batista bomb you.

Mate if I wanted something farcical that takes forever and doesn’t even end with a result I’d just read HungryTiger’s changes posts.

Softly, softly, don’t jinx it, Leeds aren’t home yet. There’s four more games for something bafflingly on brand to happen, like a points deduction or an explosion at the training facility.

I'm taking the same approach to our title bid. Mind you we need City to drop points from here regardless.

I'm a Chelsea fan and hoping for a Liverpool premiership. But if Liverpool wins the title, will their fans be insufferable in the same way that Richmond fans were?

Edit: are*

I wish I could say no, but there's probably a lot of pent up frustration for some after 29 years. Add to it the memes, taunting and other shenanigans they've copped in that time and it could end up being like that scene from Ghostbusters when they shut down the containment grid.

This PL and UCL season has pretty much turned into ‘who do I want to win the title the least’

If Liverpool were to win the PL or UCL I’d probably retire from being a European fütbol fan

If Spurs win the UCL I’ll actually retire from life.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Golden State won the most games in NBA history, more than Jordan’s Bulls, then took advantage of a once in a lifetime salary cap spike to add Kevin Durant. Then they added Demarcus Cousins. They’re the first team in NBA history with five all-stars in their starting lineup. They’ve won three of the past four championships and have effectively added an All Star after each.

Basically they’re the most talented team in NBA history, and they still carry on like the biggest whingers in basketball. You couldn’t even bet on them to win this playoff series because they were such heavy favourites.

Then they gave up the biggest comeback in NBA history at home. Suck s**t Warriors.
Yet you wouldn't be complaining if the Eagles hierarchy managed to load the team with superstars to ensure that we won premierships for several years in a row.....

Yet you wouldn't be complaining if the Eagles hierarchy managed to load the team with superstars to ensure that we won premierships for several years in a row.....
All the fans of other teams sure as s**t would though.
I remember when the Wildcats loaded up with 5 American born players (I think it was because Grace, Crawford and Fisher became Australian Citizens) and the rest of the league whinged and carried on about our "Dream Team" for ages.
At the end of the day you can't blame the Warriors for putting together the team they have and you can't blame the fans of other teams for hating it.

Not for a second. I’m not criticising their front office for doing it, they literally did the best job a front office has ever done in sports history. That’s their job and they ******* nailed it.

As a fan of an opposition team and the league in general it’s frustrating as hell, and I revel when they collapse, but that doesn’t mean I’m criticising the guys for doing what their sole purpose is. If the Eagles did it, I’d be stoked, and would gladly wear the public enemy #1 tag.

What I could do without is the Warriors being loaded full of little bitches who act like they’re somehow slighted and even try to play the “everybody doubted us” card when they’re literally an All-Star team. Get over yourself KD, everyone thinks you’re soft but you should be able to suck that up. You knew the deal.

If Perth Glory win the A-League Grand Final, will they value that higher or lower than the Premier's Plate? It seems to me that winning the league is a pretty big deal in the A-League.

It’s a tricky one actually. Pretty much every other soccer league in the world that I’m aware of (bar MLS) doesn’t have finals/playoffs, they just use first past the post. I think the championship is worth more, although I think the A-League finals system needs to be either reworked or completely scrapped all together.

It feels like they’ve included a finals system just to try and appeal to Footy/League fans who enjoy the theatre of post-season.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not for a second. I’m not criticising their front office for doing it, they literally did the best job a front office has ever done in sports history. That’s their job and they ******* nailed it.

As a fan of an opposition team and the league in general it’s frustrating as hell, and I revel when they collapse, but that doesn’t mean I’m criticising the guys for doing what their sole purpose is. If the Eagles did it, I’d be stoked, and would gladly wear the public enemy #1 tag.

What I could do without is the Warriors being loaded full of little bitches who act like they’re somehow slighted and even try to play the “everybody doubted us” card when they’re literally an All-Star team. Get over yourself KD, everyone thinks you’re soft but you should be able to suck that up. You knew the deal.

Fair call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back