Analysis Random NORTH thoughts not worthy of a thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Most teams have outliers. If you replaced Burgoyne and Roughead with 20 year olds you'd get the same reduction in average age.

It's probably the most worthless stat going around from a winning perspective.

It's only use is in explaining a long run, or heavy defeats.

It's also not indicative of future success, as Melbourne must have had the youngest list on 4 different occasions over the last 20 years.

Have been going to the VFL with my little 3 1/2 year old son and he is quite quickly catching on. Was at Windy Hill the other week and he said that the seats were hard ... the old wooden seats in the grandstand there. So this week while he's been at his mums I got him one of those seat cushions. Excitedly this arvo he was opening it and was wondering who sent it to us. Captain Jack I said, maybe Higgo he replied. What about the Highway Rat (Nathan Hrovat) he suggested. He didn't think it was Majak Daw, but after a few silent moments he pipes up with ... It could have been Stevo dad! Funny kid. Anyway, we're off to the 'borough tomorrow to give it a try
We followed this up yesterday by telling the big fella this story, and he promptly told my little mate that it was him who sent it! Jeepers, the look I got from my little mate was priceless. I could not care less how many people bag the big man, he is my little mates first footy hero and he will always be a bloody superstar. Well done Majak, and thanks for taking the time to make my little boys day that much more memorable.

I'm trying to work out which player has kicked a goal against the most different VFL/AFL teams (Fitzroy, Brisbane bears, Brisbane lions all counted separately).

I'm sure Buddy has kicked a goak against all current 18 AFL teams and Drew Petrie probably did too. Fletcher never kicked goals against GWS/GC/Ess but did kick goals against 17 teams. Boomer kicked goals against 17 sides but never player against the Bears/Fitzroy/North.

Is there any possibility anyone beats Buddy and Drew?

Were 3 and 3. Relative healthy list. Lacking midfield depth and Waite/Thompson will need a rest sometime soon.
Considering the young nature of the team and factoring in fatigue which brings with it injuries - exactly where will we end up?

Round 7 Saturday, May 05 - LOSS
(slightly optimistic for some reason though) With good reason
SYDvNMFC
SCG 7:25pm A

Round 8 Sunday, May 13 - LOSS (never know with us at Etihad vs Richmond) Close!
NMFCvRICH
ES 1:10pm H

Round 9 Saturday, May 19 - LOSS (never know with us at Bellerive vs anyone) We do now
NMFCvGWS
BA 1:45pm H

Round 10 Sunday, May 27 - LOSS (Again Freo look good at home and terrible away but they have been shocking in recent years) And they still are
FREvNMFC
OS 2:40pm A

Round 11 Sunday, June 03 - WIN (how far how much)
NMFCvBL

Round 12 Saturday, June 09 - LOSS (Arent flying and have injury concerns across the park)
GEELvNMFC
GS 1:45pm A

Round 13 BYE. Chances are we will be 4-8 by this stage, with finals out of the equation. But I can see us being 6 and 6 which opens up the season.
Out fixture post Bye is nothing short of weak.

Round 14 Saturday, June 23 - WIN

WBvNMFC
ES 7:25pm A

Round 15 Sunday, July 01 - WIN
ESSvNMFC
ES 3:20pm A

Round 16 Sunday, July 08 - WIN
NMFCvGCFC

Round 17 Sunday, July 15 - (50/50)
NMFCvSYD
ES 3:20pm H

Round 18 Saturday, July 21 - (50/50)
COLLvNMFC
MCG 1:45pm A

Round 19 Sunday, July 29 - WIN
NMFCvWCE
BA 1:10pm H

Round 20 Saturday, August 04 - WIN
BLvNMFC
G 2:10pm A

Round 21 Sunday, August 12 - WIN
NMFCvWB

Round 22 Sunday, August 19 - LOSS
ADELvNMFC
AO 4:10pm A

Round 23 Friday, August 24 - WIN
STKvNMFC
ES 12:00am A

I am comfortable in 7 of those games, with two 50-50's against Sydney and Collingwood. Adelaide away the only game I have no belief in a positive result.

We could win 13 maybe 14 games. And this wont be the most ludicrous post you'll read today.
Whats ludicrous is that I got 3 tips wrong and we could be 7-4 or 8-3 come the bye. Think we need to change tact and our objectives when we come back in July

I'm trying to work out which player has kicked a goal against the most different VFL/AFL teams (Fitzroy, Brisbane bears, Brisbane lions all counted separately).

I'm sure Buddy has kicked a goak against all current 18 AFL teams and Drew Petrie probably did too. Fletcher never kicked goals against GWS/GC/Ess but did kick goals against 17 teams. Boomer kicked goals against 17 sides but never player against the Bears/Fitzroy/North.

Mark Roberts, John Blakey?

Sounds like one for Marstermind

Shaun Burgoyne has kicked a goal against all 18 teams. Tony Lockett would have got one against all but the Suns and Giants, but would have got plenty against the Bears and Fitzroy which makes 18. Alastair Lynch would be the same. Fletcher is the only player I can think of who would have played against Bears, Fitzroy, GWS and Suns but he didn't kick a goal against the new teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hypothetically: If Atley is being help at the contest, and someone else takes the mark (lets say Ben Brown) why shouldn't it be advantage instead of giving the free kick to Atley? been bugging me for the last 10 mins haha

Port Adelaide. Have they quietly become our masters?

We beat them under Hinkley in our first 2 encounters by 10 pts, 7 pts.

Since then they've done us by 8 pts, 28 pts, 70 pts, 33 pts. Our last win over them was r3 2014.

Unless I'm overlooking someone that's our longest losing streak against anyone in the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back