Random Things on Your Mind (Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ray Hadley is an absolute disgrace.

His son (a cop) gets busted for drug possession, and he does a narcissistic press conference using mental health as an excuse. Mental health is not some cop out excuse to wheel out whenever you're busted doin something wrong. Many, many people have mental health issues, but go seek help for it, not go find the nearest coke dealer.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/08/04/11/53/ray-hadleys-cop-son-charged-cocaine-possession
He is an arsehole.

I can only imagine the cynical show he'd do if someone he didn't like conveniently had mental health issues come up after being arrested.

How did the South African farmers acquire the land in the first place?
I think we are going back to the boer war for that s**t?

But still righting a wrong with a wrong appears fairly stupid.

You would have thought a rationale government would have looked across to border at Zimbabwe

This also spells disaster for South Africa's food bowl.

That will become very interesting in about ten year's time.

Will the nation, freed from the shackles of white oppression vis a vis farmers, prosper, or fail?

One of those interesting things about democracy... the theory is great but it doesn't always work.

How did the South African farmers acquire the land in the first place?
Most of them would have inherited them from their parents, or bought them off other white farmers.

If you want to talk about blacks being dispossessed then you're going back about 200-300 years, certainly a long time before any of the current generation of farmers were around.

You could even argue that the whites own the land by right of conquest. The likes of Shaka Zulu didn't just hand the land over for a pile of beads - they fought for the land, and lost.

That will become very interesting in about ten year's time.

Will the nation, freed from the shackles of white oppression vis a vis farmers, prosper, or fail?

One of those interesting things about democracy... the theory is great but it doesn't always work.

We saw the same thing in Zimbabwe. Mugabe took back the farms and gave them to his cronies who had zero experience in farming. Within a few years alot of farms were turned into unproductive wastelands which had a massive impact on Zimbabwe's ability to feed itself and its economy.

Last edited:
Are more and more people turning off Facebook . I shut my account about 6 weeks ago and actually feel happier. Everything about it seems fake now. Fake fun, fake friends.

those wacky Sudanese. the lefties keeping going into bat for them and the Sudanese keep causing mayhem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is it when people in countries like Sweden, Germany, France, England etc stage anti-Islam protests they almost always labelled by the media as right wing and/or Nazis?

Annoyed at the darlington upgrade where the finished road will still see cars from south rd having to stop at lights heading up shepherds hill rd to blackwood and vice versa. The bridge over this for Sth road going to Ayliffes rd is only one direction. Shades of the original one way southern expressway, why they haven’t catered for a flyover for westbound traffic from Ayliffes rd to South road I have no idea.

If you inly take one piece advice from the oceans of wisdom i gift this board dont buy a cheap mobile phone. Being the tight ass I am, i decided to buy an el cheapo Samsung for around $250. Its been a nightmare. The processing power is horrendous.

I go 3rd generation, aiming to pay around $400 for an unlocked phone (purchased outright). I just upgraded to an S7.. the S9 came out a couple of months ago.
Then I'm behind ....6S is my poison ....but it'll be find till the next contract renewal in 12 months time ...although it's needing to be rebooted once every couple of weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back