Autopsy Rd 11 Blues create a contest but fade in the last

Which players were in your bests against the Eagles today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think its a pretty unfair comment to supporters who say the umpires cost the game. Do I believe the umpire had significant on yesterday's game? Absolutely. Would we have won? 50-50 call but it should have not of been a blow out and that the score line didn't do justice on how close the game should of ended.

If you don't think that a bad umpiring decision can affect the game than you are just wrong. Do I care about the free kick differential? No. If the free is there than its there. But an umpiring call can affect a teams momentum.

The most controversial goal 1 quarter - 3:15 - Literally this goal was gifted. I don't know how any Footy follower can agree this is the right call when throughout the past 2-3 rounds most of this is a ball-up. This call sets out the tone throughout the game where you of these similar situation occur and was a ball-up and yet we get the bad end of the stick? Please.

3rd quarter 13:39 - TDK tackles Nic Nat 20meters out on a slight angle and he drops the ball and this wasn't paid a free and a ball-up. In most case this is almost a certain goal and we would of been up 25 points. This would of built our momentum through the rest of the game but 2 mins later Kennedy nails a goal and they are 13 pts behind. 12 point swing in a space of 2 mins.

AFL need to address the HTB decision because it is diabolical.

We did, what we have done most games under Teague, given up large point swings

The issue is closer to home

Was the umpiring poor, yeap both ways. Was it the difference in the game, not even close

Was the umpiring poor, yeap both ways. Was it the difference in the game, not even close

I would put this game in the "what if" pile. Hard to say if we would of given the 30+ point swing when the free kick being paid directly in front of their goals off really questionable free and none on our end.

Yes the poor umpiring made the difference from the 20 point blow out to a less than a goal thriller. I rather lose on merit than influence by bad umpring decisions.

FA I think, but yeap another great tall

I had to confirm that. Had no idea he had been around that long. 8 years with West Coast for 75 games.

I would put this game in the "what if" pile. Hard to say if we would of given the 30+ point swing when the free kick being paid directly in front of their goals off really questionable free and none on our end.

Yes the poor umpiring made the difference from the 20 point blow out to a less than a goal thriller. I rather lose on merit than influence by bad umpring decisions.

So the holding the ball against Cameron, awarded to Doc was there?

HTB to Yeo was justified?

It goes both ways

Are some really critical of Plowman for his performance yesterday. ? Wow, that is harsh, he played his heart out against the Eagles, some fans expectations/standards strike me was way too high/unreasonable.

The CFC Facebook page seems to be blaming Plowman for the loss. If you watch someone with a critical eye, you are only going to see bad or if you see good, you'll write it off as being expected of a professional player.

The CFC Facebook page seems to be blaming Plowman for the loss. If you watch someone with a critical eye, you are only going to see bad or if you see good, you'll write it off as being expected of a professional player.
I get the feeling a lot of fans only watch their teams play and no other matches in the round. If they did they would see that even the most elite players can make poor decisions, over cook a kick, fumble, miss a handball etc. People wouldn’t rag so hard on Jones, Plow even SPS if they watched other teams play imo.

Without going through the game in depth, let's look at the two SPS decisions that both resulted in goal.

1 was clearly wrong and a blatant gift. 1 was there, albeit rough, but then so were several at our end not paid. Swap those around, and that's a 4 goal difference.

Of course, you'd have to then consider every decision to be fair and the game would then unfold differently, but it highlights how easily just 2 decisions can have a significant impact on the scoreboard.

Without going through the game in depth, let's look at the two SPS decisions that both resulted in goal.

1 was clearly wrong and a blatant gift. 1 was there, albeit rough, but then so were several at our end not paid. Swap those around, and that's a 4 goal difference.

Of course, you'd have to then consider every decision to be fair and the game would then unfold differently, but it highlights how easily just 2 decisions can have a significant impact on the scoreboard.

The first one wasn't there, but the undisciplined 50 cost us the goal, not the initial decision

The 2nd was definitely there, stopped, propped, was tackled and didn't dispose of it correctly

I keep seeing the Nic Nat and Ryan decisions compared to SOS's 2nd incident, they weren't similar in any way

People really are clutching

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The question isn't would the result have been different if the umpiring hadn't been the way it was. The question is, would the result have been closer if the umpiring was consistent.

The difference between our game against Port and our game yesterday was the umpiring. WC are a very good team, but they were gifted primacy in the contest where and when it matters. They were gifted the lead, and are at their most dangerous from the centre clearance; of course they were going to get a run on after being gifted 2 goals from nowhere.

I call this the Sydney momentum; they get a few frees, and turn it into 5-6 consecutive goals. Make no mistake, good teams do this and we'll get our turn, but that doesn't mean it isn't happening.

So the holding the ball against Cameron, awarded to Doc was there?

HTB to Yeo was justified?

It goes both ways

Derailing the point I was making that umpiring decision affected the scoreline.

HTB to Yeo was justified? I assume this is Setterfield tackle in the first quarter? Harsh call I agree, but that free wasn't a gifted goal for Fisher.
HTB aginst Cameron? I assume this is 2nd 8:32? Harsh call but Cameron did take just drop the ball from Docherty's tackle which should of been rewarded regardless.

1. Did you think SPS's holding the ball infront of the goal was justified? 3rd qtr 2:50.
2. Why didn't TDK tackle not paid on NN 20m out? 3rd qtr 13:39.
3. Why wasn't that a free to fisher when Duggan tried to fend Fisher off in the 1st qtr 5:09.
4. Shannon Hurn takes 3 steps then gets tackle 1st qtr 4:39.
5. Kennedy tackles Liam Ryan and he drops the ball 2nd qtr 13:59.

The question isn't would the result have been different if the umpiring hadn't been the way it was. The question is, would the result have been closer if the umpiring was consistent.

The difference between our game against Port and our game yesterday was the umpiring. WC are a very good team, but they were gifted primacy in the contest where and when it matters. They were gifted the lead, and are at their most dangerous from the centre clearance; of course they were going to get a run on after being gifted 2 goals from nowhere.

I call this the Sydney momentum; they get a few frees, and turn it into 5-6 consecutive goals. Make no mistake, good teams do this and we'll get our turn, but that doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Firstly, posters have also suggested we were robbed in the Port game, thankfully you don't seem to hold that view

As for the 2 gifted goals that assisted WCto go on a 42 point turnaround which ones were they?

Seriously Azz both ways, 18 forward 50 tackles for 0 frees, 5 forward 50 tackles for 3 frees and that was to 3/4 time there was nothing both ways about that, and you know I usually don’t blame the umpires but * me dead there is something very wrong with those numbers.

Derailing the point I was making that umpiring decision affected the scoreline.

HTB to Yeo was justified? I assume this is Setterfield tackle in the first quarter? Harsh call I agree, but that free wasn't a gifted goal for Fisher.
HTB aginst Cameron? I assume this is 2nd 8:32? Harsh call but Cameron did take just drop the ball from Docherty's tackle which should of been rewarded regardless.

1. Did you think SPS's holding the ball infront of the goal was justified? 3rd qtr 2:50.
2. Why didn't TDK tackle not paid on NN 20m out? 3rd qtr 13:39.
3. Why wasn't that a free to fisher when Duggan tried to fend Fisher off in the 1st qtr 5:09.
4. Shannon Hurn takes 3 steps then gets tackle 1st qtr 4:39.
5. Kennedy tackles Liam Ryan and he drops the ball 2nd qtr 13:59.

Sorry to say I see it differently

Mate, either the umpire is a cheat, or he is incompetent. Either way he should be dragged over the coals and banned from umpiring, and at the very least our games.

I'm sick of this pussy footing s**t, he deserves to be held accountable. It's a billion dollar industry with millions of dollars on the line.

The 50 he added on compounded a disgusting decision. No sympathy for the rat whatsoever.

Usually you can say oh well benefit of the doubt 3 umpires on the ground they see things differently, but this prick pays one thing for them, and *s us at the other end!

* the cheating or incompetent rat

Seriously Azz both ways, 18 forward 50 tackles for 0 frees, 5 forward 50 tackles for 3 frees and that was to 3/4 time there was nothing both ways about that, and you know I usually don’t blame the umpires but fu** me dead there is something very wrong with those numbers.

Murph if you want to blame the umpires for our loss, like so many others, count me out of the discussion

I have shown that free kick counts haven't hampered sides winning, nor sitting in the 8

If you or others want someone to blame, knock yourself out

This is my last reply/post on the matter

I don’t follow the reserves games this year, but every game I saw Polson play last year I thought he was utter garbage. Why play him?
Because he is providing something we need desperately, drive from half back and he’s been doing it for weeks in the scratch matches, would rather see him than SPS who offers very little forward momentum and minimal defensive effort, if Polson has improved his disposal then he is a must.

Agree with that. I was saying to a mate during the game that the bomb it in tactic may be the best way to utilise our tall forward line, but for two reasons it was the wrong strategy yesterday - most of our forward line wasn’t there, and the Eagles are probably top 2 or 3 in the league for intercept marks.
I think the lack of Harry and Gov (and Martin) also hurt us coming forward, as there were many times when that kick down the line went to a small and was spoiled easily. That meant that a kick and hope from a stoppage on the wing was the forward entry.
Your comment re the wing play is accurate - although I have found in the past few weeks Walsh has really curbed the high kick around the corner from stoppage. He appears - to my eye at least - to be taking an extra second, turning his shoulders forward and trying to spot a target. Not every time, but certainly more often than he was.

the long bomb in was working more effectively early in the game as we were bombing it to the top of the square where fish, Walsh were able to crumb it. Under the pressure of the momentum swing in the 3rd we started bombing from half backand landing them on the F50 and allowing turnovers and WC to run off HB.

But arrow thinks it’s not an issue for us? Costs us goals every week, I’ll pick out those examples every week against us and I’ll be hard pressed to find a game where it goes anywhere near our favour. Lose games by the margins we are and these decisions are the difference in the game. Don’t worry the AFL knows all of this because it’s there direction to manipulate the results as they see fit. Just like every other aspect of the game they influence the results too. They’re cheats.

We got reamed by the blow from the green this week, overwhelming evidence supports this however, the AFL isn't cheating or manipulating. What does thus gain them?

Back