Autopsy Rd 11 Blues create a contest but fade in the last

Which players were in your bests against the Eagles today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

How bewildered must SPS have been after that first HTB call? There was another time later in the game in the Eagles F50, where the ball was on the ground, SPS actually didn't want to pick up the ball as he wanted to weigh up the situation and make sure he could dispose of it. So he decides to pick the ball up after what seems an eternity, then gets tackled immediately and gets called for HTB again. Just laughable!

Until today, I have never left early/stopped watching a game early when the game was still in dispute. I turned off today after the second SPS holding the ball decision. Seriously, what is the point of watching this game when the playing field is so uneven? I have put my love of the club over all of the rubbish the AFL have dished up over the years, but I can't abide this crap any more. Over forty years of devoted support, but I refuse to provide any further support to the AFL until they fix the game. At the moment, it has the credibility of the WWE as a contest
That is when I threw a pillow at the TV....I missed

Does anyone know why SPS' HTB free was made into a 50m penalty? I haven't seen anyone else mention it and can't work out why from the footage.
Someone said earlier he said “are you serious?”
I can’t help picture the John McEnroe skit with the orange juice.
Surely there would have to be an f word involved to warrant 50?

Someone said earlier he said “are you serious?”
I can’t help picture the John McEnroe skit with the orange juice.
Surely there would have to be an f word involved to warrant 50?
Wow...if that's all SPS said...that's a poor call from the umpire. And 2 wrong calls, don't make a right :think:

I went to the game and while I am disappointed we lost there are some very good signs.

Cottrell looked ok and needs another run this week.
Fish
Weiters was fantastic again
Murphy was good, has a great record when he plays in Perth
Great number of blues supporters at the game.
TDK

Dislikes:
3rd qtr - SPS gets tackled 15m out from the West Coast goal. 5 Eagles players are jumping up and down making the holding the ball signal pressuring the umpire. It's not illegal but just a very bad look

I went to the game and while I am disappointed we lost there are some very good signs.

Fish
TDK

Dislikes:
3rd qtr - SPS gets tackled 15m out from the West Coast goal. 5 Eagles players are jumping up and down making the holding the ball signal pressuring the umpire. It's not illegal but just a very bad look

It looked like a flock of seagulls.

Apologies if this has been posted already, but this is an excellent breakdown of our biggest area of concern - our inability to stop our opponent’s scoring runs.
The author states that some of our structures were actually correct (bodying up in the centre square, sending a 7th defender, etc) but some lapses in concentration led to the avalanche of goals.
Well worth a read.

I thought Murphy was much better this week. Far more physical and his intent to attack was good. He was a bit overzealous on a couple of occasions going forward, but his pressure was much improved.

Being realistic: he’s not going to be dropped. Teague brings young players in sparingly, and we aren’t going to add players without them really pressing their case and showing they belong at the level. Look at how hard Kennedy had to work over the space of a few seasons to get a consistent spot.

Cottrell got his opportunity this week and wasn’t overawed, but he will likely make way for another young player to have a crack. I’d like to see LOB get his spot next week.
Yeah he was better Murph but using the old Aussie top order analogy as an example give them enough chances and they'll eventually make some runs .

Plenty to get out of the season yet as far as development of players is concerned .
But if Murph is still playing mid or even in the side come seasons end we are doing a disservice to our midfield development .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with this.
Basil Z. mentioned at quarter time that it was spoken about a bit in the huddle.
It’s one thing for supporters to lose it, but the players have to be better at blocking it out.
Cripps doesn’t set the greatest example in this regard.
You sense that the players feel (like us) that we are very close to being a really good side, and things just appear to be conspiring against us a little bit. Injuries (particularly to forwards, and a few early in games), rub of the green with umps. Also, luck of who you play where in the hubs - we play WC in neutral Qld that result could easily be different.
Win the next 2 and we are back sniffing finals again. It would be nice for the games to stay relevant right to the finish line.

100...a lot to like from our playing group; we have got to stay in the contest mentally no matter what happens.

Fish
TDK

Dislikes:

I seriously thought they were going to dislocate their shoulders the way they were windmilling around.

Pathetic and ‘demonstrative’ to use an AFL term.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Apologies if this has been posted already, but this is an excellent breakdown of our biggest area of concern - our inability to stop our opponent’s scoring runs.
The author states that some of our structures were actually correct (bodying up in the centre square, sending a 7th defender, etc) but some lapses in concentration led to the avalanche of goals.
Well worth a read.
Thanks for that.

TO me it re-iterates what I saw, the blues didn't do too much wrong in that stretch, got some bad calls from the umpires, made some small mistakes the Eagles pounced on and had some bad luck with the Docherty bounce and Allen kick.

Well worth a read.

I thought our biggest killer was, once again, our delivery inside 50. We won the I 50 count but continued to bomb it in there with only Levi being our focal point, there was no separation, no lowering the eyes compared to when the eagles went forward. We need to improve our wing man as well, they are our link men between back and fwds but we really struggle to win these positions. Walsh does well but lets himself down at times with his foot skill, Newnes delivery forward just doesn't cut it at any level

I thought our leaders were really poor at important times of the game. Cripps, Doc and Murphy and Simpson fumbled that cost us big in the third.

Cripps again shits the bed in front of goal and is having a lot less impact in games.

Murphy again got brushed aside way too often, stupid handballs to noone

Doc just looks lost. His man gets a bit of the ball and we aren't getting the rebound we expect from him and his kicking was again average.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that.

TO me it re-iterates what I saw, the blues didn't do too much wrong in that stretch, got some bad calls from the umpires, made some small mistakes the Eagles pounced on and had some bad luck with the Docherty bounce and Allen kick.

It’s nice to read some analysis that shows we didn’t just stand there with our thumbs up our butts and watch it happen. We tried to adjust, but were outclassed by probably the best team (and definitely the best midfield) in the league on their home deck. Don’t want to give excuses, but addressing a swing in the game takes strategy and execution that doesn’t happen immediately. It takes reps to practice it, learn from it, perfect it. It’s happening seemingly every damn week, but we needed to read in this article that the changes were made - they just didn’t stop the bleeding.

Never seen so much umpire talk on Twitter, face book and Instagram about this game. AFL should do a press conference.

Speaking of which one fan wrote this up and shared on twitter...

8a97b5524e2591fa31cacabf2f041e57.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back