Game Day Rd 14, 2014 - Fremantle vs Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does look like we're unsure of what we're doing, yes.

I think it's extremely difficult to critique something that one can't even identify (not aimed at you).

It is sort of like we tried to upgrade our car but we haven't been able to keep it running for more than a couple of kilometres. We've been very lucky to make it to our destination a couple of times but most of the time we barely leave the driveway.

Maybe our old car wasn't as bad as we thought.

Dayne Zorko hold your head in shame tonight. Been awful and not interested in working hard to get into the game. Out classed out willed out worked we just don't work hard enough as a team regardless of who we are playing or who is in our team.
He's been off tonight no doubt - but he isn't the lone ranger. If Inexperience watch didn't put the willy's up you then nothing will. This result was always on the cards - they were going to do us any way - the men in green just iced it for them.

It is sort of like we tried to upgrade our car but we haven't been able to keep it running for more than a couple of kilometres. We've been very lucky to make it to our destination a couple of times but most of the time we barely leave the driveway.

Is that an allegory? If not, get another new car.

Not to mention that there is no game plan in the world that presumes the team will get smashed physically, be outrun by their opponent and be completely dominated in contested footy.

Leppa, as he should, is putting a plan in place that is built for this list with another three years of development under its belt.

Again, the people who shout the loudest about game plans seem to provide the least analysis about what it means.

The Terry Wallace 5 year plan.

Our culture is rooted and my main concern is that we are going down the Melbourne/Richmond/Carlton path of perpetual mediocrity. And unfortunately I haven't seen anything from Leppa to ease my concerns.

Either the players are dumb and just continuously make the same stupid mistakes week after week or its the gameplan but whichever it is, we clearly aren't learning and adapting.

Seriously, which team out there facing a massive quality experience differential every week are winning games? I mention quality experience because I don't think trotting out the old guys at the bottom of your depth chart fixes much. The only way you get experience into your talented kids is by playing them. I don't want to be glib or reductive, but I really think our predicament is that simple. This is just a year where we are going to look bad and take some bad losses but learn and show little things. I'm encouraged by the kids we've got, and I reckon our senior players will stand up a lot more effectively alongside 30-50 gamers in two years time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we beat our own inside 50 record?

Also, Rocky might just be the greatest footballer of all time.

Counterfactual: Voss still the coach, 5 youngish players leave, Rich injured, Leuie injured, Moloney off the boil, Browny a year older.

Our old car wouldn't be running any better. I'm almost certain of that.

Losing Longer, Docherty, Polec, Yeo and Karnezis has impacted considerably on our midfield depth. They would have all been handy tonight.

Net result is that we have been forced to fast track our kids

Rockliff 42 touches...

mother-of-god-meme.jpg

The Terry Wallace 5 year plan.

This is meaningless to me.

Any coach of a young list knows it takes time. If you are automatically going to assume that makes them a Terry Wallace snake oil salesman then you will only end up hiring coached that blows smoke up your ass and overrate your list to get your job.

Has any new coach in the history of the game had to take over an already young club that just lost a Brownlow medallist and 4 first and 1 second round pick.

What a crock of shit.

Learning a completely new gameplan, especially when you have 1/3 of your senior players missing and are forced to play 1st year players, is always going to take a bit longer. Even with a fully fit list and everyone available, it takes at least 2 seasons to see it fully being implemented.
Bullshit.

We're talking about professional football players, this is what they do 50 hours a week, not a local club side that practices Tuesday & Thursday. I've played sport and a very high level and what you're trying to pedal is absolute rubbish. The worst part is the players would be insulted by an ignorant comment like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back