Game Day Rd 14, 2014 - Fremantle vs Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Counterfactual: Voss still the coach, 5 youngish players leave, Rich injured, Leuie injured, Moloney off the boil, Browny a year older.

Our old car wouldn't be running any better. I'm almost certain of that.

Too many Donald Rumsfelds in that - we simply don't know how that would have played out - two were would have gone - not sure about the others - bottom line it certainly set us back significantly and instead of heading from the top of the bottom six into the next group we've gone back to the bottom.

I have felt Leppa knew this from day one and has set things up accordingly.

Woeful game to watch, but I'm glad I didn't bow out at half time. Would have been far more pissed off than I am having stayed to the end.

It's basically what I expected but it still wasn't at all pleasant. Don't want to dwell on it at all really, just hope the boys learned something.

Too many Donald Rumsfelds in that - we simply don't know how that would have played out - two were would have gone - not sure about the others - bottom line it certainly set us back significantly and instead of heading from the top of the bottom six into the next group we've gone back to the bottom.

I have felt Leppa knew this from day one and has set things up accordingly.

Fair enough. All I was getting at is that the difference between these two coaches isn't just gameplan and philosophical differences on playing Polkinghorne.

Bullshit.

We're talking about professional football players, this is what they do 50 hours a week, not a local club side that practices Tuesday & Thursday. I've played sport and a very high level and what you're trying to pedal is absolute rubbish. The worst part is the players would be insulted by an ignorant comment like that.

I do worry about how we train. We are a very poorly drilled team. A lot of this has to do with experience and it would be great to have the luxury Sydney and geelong have with giving their kids a couple of years in the reserves before debuting. This is part of the reason why I dislike the treatment of Golby, Raines, Harwood and Maguire this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bullshit.

We're talking about professional football players, this is what they do 50 hours a week, not a local club side that practices Tuesday & Thursday. I've played sport and a very high level and what you're trying to pedal is absolute rubbish. The worst part is the players would be insulted by an ignorant comment like that.

Don't think you should presume to speak on behalf of the players. Their public messaging has very much been that it is the start of a journey and that it is going to take some time.

They are a bunch of kids Slax. You are pissing into the wind of generations of accumulated AFL wisdom by suggesting that development of a list is measured in weeks.

Losing the go home 5 hasn't hurt us but not nearly as much as the regression or stagnation of Moloney, Golby, Harwood, Merrett, Redden, Lisle, Raines and others. And then the Leuenberger, Rich and to a lesser extent McGuane, Staker and Mcgrath also hurt.

boo hoo. grow up. And it's they're not there. That pisses me off. ;-)
Um no it is not they're. "They are constant jeering throughout general play and the booing whenever a Lions player receives a free kick is incredibly annoying." does not make sense does it? That was a failed attempt at being a grammar nazi hahahahaha!

This is meaningless to me.

Any coach of a young list knows it takes time. If you are automatically going to assume that makes them a Terry Wallace snake oil salesman then you will only end up hiring coached that blows smoke up your ass and overrate your list to get your job.

Has any new coach in the history of the game had to take over an already young club that just lost a Brownlow medallist and 4 first and 1 second round pick.

I don't think we can afford to look too far ahead. We need to take small steps to get away from the hellhole we're in ATM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back