Rd 21, 2012 Frankston Seconds v Box Hill Hawks Dev Squad, 18 August 2012, 11.00am @ Frankston Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

One for the die-hards, this one, I feel. With the Box Hill Hawks senior squad having another bye, the development squad will fly the flag for Box Hill this weekend, as they make the journey down the Nepean to Frankston to take on the Dolphins' reserves.

Teams will follow, as will (probably) digital tumbleweeds. Anyone who actually goes to this game deserves a gold medal. I won't be - Auskick intervenes.

Don't know hay they named all the Hawks from the seniors bench for! Langford, Frank & Wanganeen all named.

Box Hill Hawks
B Wilsen Gilham Duryea
HB Suckling Gordon Tobin
C Savage Whitecross Langford
HF Johnson Young Wanganeen
F Frank Grimley Hughes
R Bailey Lock Northe
Int Cass Bolton Salopek
Ralph D. Cooper Wood
Cassidy Phelps Graham
Lawlor Cust Otten
Johns

You are going to need all of those Premiership players in your side seeing as you are playing the bottom of the ladder Dolphins.
Who happened to give you boys a touch up a few weeks back.
They bring in players from the ROC seconds and you guys drop AFL premiership players.
Should be a good training run using them as witches hats.
This is the biggest joke in the VFL I have ever seen.

You are going to need all of those Premiership players in your side seeing as you are playing the bottom of the ladder Dolphins.
They bring in players from the ROC seconds and you guys drop AFL premiership players.
What the? We do this out of necessity the Seniors have a bye they need to keep playing to keep up their levels of fitness and / or players coming back from injury gaining match fitness i do not know what the hell you are on about.

What the? We do this out of necessity the Seniors have a bye they need to keep playing to keep up their levels of fitness and / or players coming back from injury gaining match fitness i do not know what the hell you are on about.

Frankston's seniors have a bye as well.
Don't see any of them listed to play our predominately Hawthorn-listed development team.

I'm only 30 minutes away so I'll be heading down for my weekly fix of Box Hill football.
Score updates will be posted and a proper match report will appear Sunday or Monday.

Well, there's only 2 premiership players but yeah, can see what you mean. However Hawthorn is the priority and we need game time into the blokes that may play finals. Blame the fixture, not Hawthorn.
Having said that it might turn out that only Grimley, Wanganeen, Langford and Frank play - a total of zero AFL games between them.

I imagine Savage, Bailey & Duryea won't be playing for BH this week. In reality we have only included Frank, Wanganeen & Langford who are all underdone due to injury. Nothing to see here folks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a wet and soggy old day out at Frankston Oval. Conditions were not condusive to fast football. More the grinding who wants it more type.
In that sense Box Hill did what it needed to do. It was hardly inspiring as mentioned by others a few points over some of the Hawthorn listed players.

Grimley: Now I have to say he has surprised me. I know its only the twos but before his hand surgery he was playing well can't say it any other way "CRAP". Didn't look like a footballer, He was giving away free kicks and looked like his time playing football was at an end. Well what i saw today given the conditions was Grimley playing in the Ruck and floating forward and taking contested marks. In fact he out performed Bailey in the first half. He could have capped a great game with 3 goals but couldn't kick straight. I spoke to Damien Carroll about his performances and he said it was encouraging to see him perform like that. He also said that big guys always take longer. Grimmers has been on everyone's delist list(including mine) but perhaps its not a fait accompli. If he does maybe he will get a gig at Box Hill who knows. Something interesting to look forward to for the rest of the season.

Frank: Well it was good to see Amos put in some defensive efforts and learning the structures. Trying to play unsociable football ( that was really impressive) given his back ground. Pushing, shoving scragging it was all good stuff the kid is learning. Also liked the fact that he had a rotation in the middle. In passage he could have kicked a goal from the center but fluffed after a chain of hand passes. He still kicked a goal and laid off another to wangers. Looking forward to what he can offer in the coming the years.

Wangers: Got a bit of it and tackled hard. the conditions didn't real suit him. Still had a serviceable game and kicked a goal in the end. He will be better next week.

Langford: Started off on a wing turned the ball over a couple of times in the conditions trying to pick out targets in the wet. Kicked a goal and tried hard an ok game from the young fella which included a couple of really good tackles.

Bailey: Started slowly and worked his way into the game. Took some marks around the ground but he really needed to be dominant given the opposition and whilest he was in the ruck he wasn't aroudn the ground. Still working his way into it is young Max. See how he goes next week.

One final word on the game and conditions was the open air urinals down at Frankston. It gave new meaning to the word pissing down. I felt i was competing there on a couple of occasions :p. On to next week a big game see you all there.

Wangers: Got a bit of it and tackled hard. the conditions didn't real suit him. Still had a serviceable game and kicked a goal in the end. He will be better next week.
Having not seen Wanganeen for quite a few months now, would it be safe to say that he's showing signs that he's tired physically and is showing the signs of a long season?

One final word on the game and conditions was the open air urinals down at Frankston. It gave new meaning to the word pissing down. I felt i was competing there on a couple of occasions :p. On to next week a big game see you all there.

Two places you hold it in and donot visit a public urinal:
1. Ackland street public toilets
2. Any public toilet in Frankston..... Did you notice Henry Jr hanging around the toilets or did ou see his mobile number on the toilet wall?

Thanks for the report buddy!

Having not seen Wanganeen for quite a few months now, would it be safe to say that he's showing signs that he's tired physically and is showing the signs of a long season?
Wanganeen had is second week back from and injury lay off mate and to be honest the conditions didn't really suit him but he tackled and went in hard. Still could be a valuable asset to box hill coming into finals if we make it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back