Autopsy Rd 21 Blues turn to jelly when the F word is mentioned

Who played well for the Blues in Round 21 vs the Suns?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we need players who respond well to expectations and pressure.
You can see that Walsh does.
The way we fall over when a win is expected or desperately needed is telling.
Might need to do psych evals before signing 'em up.
Or do we already do that?
If we do.....staff upgrade please. :eek: :p

Glad someone who was up to date with the new eps got the reference. Such a good show.

Only got around to watching the show in the days leading up episode 2 of this season, so last week. So glad I discovered it.

Can't really be f#cked anymore engaging with all this, you realise the club is still run by a bunch of f*cking morons. Still, little has changed this rebuild, we still have a sh*t list and are a way off a high functioning organisation. Took the first half of the season off from watching games and engaging in this sort of stuff. Served me well. Think it's overdue again! Let's just hope this review goes scorched earth and somehow spills those that matter. Although they are outside the remit if the review so prob a merry ground below those that need to go. Anyhows let's check in post preseason next year be interesting to see what things look like.
We dont have a s**t list at all imo far from it .
We have a s**t organisation guiding that list .

Clearly a coaching issue. Intent etc is all down to the coach, the game plan which doesn't even exist and the players think is stupid is on him too, creating divides in the group is on him, there's a lot more that's on him too that'll probably never come out. The suns just weren't ahead by more early because they're ******* terrible.

Maybe Teague isn’t the right guy but when people talk about intent and effort that is all on the players.

if the game plan stinks then so be it but adults getting paid to play professional sport have an absolute obligation to give their all in game.

Are you seeing that from everyone who put the jumper on and took the field?

The players can’t produce a game like last week, come out and deliver that rubbish this week and everybody say it’s Teague’s fault.

Effort/intent/standards whatever you want to call it is conditional as a group and that is purely between the ears.

Maybe Teague isn’t the right guy but when people talk about intent and effort that is all on the players.
No it isn't. Some of it is, sure. What's a coaches job then? If not to help players prepare so they can give that intent. To create an environment players want to compete in. Everyone can end up miserable at their job. Footy players are human too.
the game plan stinks then so be it but adults getting paid to play professional sport have an absolute obligation to give their all in game.
Naive mate, standards slip over time and animosity builds. This is what you get.
The players can’t produce a game like last week, come out and deliver that rubbish this week and everybody say it’s Teague’s fault.

Effort/intent/standards whatever you want to call it is conditional as a gro
In the moment its the players fault sure, but the reasons they play like that and the structures that allow it? All on Teague and the FD. Not hard to understand.

We dont have a sh*t list at all imo far from it .
We have a sh*t organisation guiding that list .

That fact we have had these type of performances for almost 2 decades suggests the problem runs far deeper than Teague, and a coaching change will not suddenly be the magical solution.

If they decide Teague isn't up to it fine, but it's simply going to continue the cycle of mediocrity if not more thorough and intensive changes at the club at football dept are not swung.

Otherwise rinse and repeat, and in 3 years time, dollars to donuts the same people calling for Teague's head will be calling for Rosco/Clarko or whoever is the next coach to walk the plank.

Also any pro SOS people left at the club in either a board or football department level need to be let go too, I think they have been a destabilizing factor behind the scenes ever since SOS quit.

Can't have factions within the club looking to sabotage the current administration out of some kind of misguided revenge for SOS. I don't blame SOS at all for that btw, but I am certain there have been disruptive elements at the club who have made the job for Teague harder.

That fact we have had these type of performances for almost 2 decades suggests the problem runs far deeper than Teague, and a coaching change will not suddenly be the magical solution.

If they decide Teague isn't up to it fine, but it's simply going to continue the cycle of mediocrity if not more thorough and intensive changes at the club at football dept are not swung.

Otherwise rinse and repeat, and in 3 years time, dollars to donuts the same people calling for Teague's head will be calling for Rosco/Clarko or whoever is the next coach to walk the plank.

Also any pro SOS people left at the club in either a board or football department level need to be let go too, I think they have been a destabilizing factor behind the scenes ever since SOS quit.

Can't have factions within the club looking to sabotage the current administration out of some kind of misguided revenge for SOS. I don't blame SOS at all for that btw, but I am certain there have been disruptive elements at the club who have made the job for Teague harder.
Have to realise weve been terrible list wise for a fair period of that 20 years also .
Weve run out with some very ordinary sides in many seasons so we just didnt have the cattle for large periods .
So in effect coaching probably wasnt the main issue .
No denying there seems to be a culture problem but pinning our current issues on SOS imo is quite pathetic to be honest .
He put together a pretty good list under the circumstances of the shitshow that we where at the end of 2015 .
And the club has failed to guide that list to anywhere near acceptable consistent standards .
Personally i think we would be better off with Stephen Silvagni still at the club in some capacity .

Boy that game was 101 coach killer

2012 GC Ratten killed by players
2021 GC Teague killed by players

Same Club, different players, same result, looks like it's taken ten years for us to wake up and look to address some issues.

2012 GC Ratten killed by players
2021 GC Teague killed by players

Same Club, different players, same result, looks like it's taken ten years for us to wake up and look to address some issues.
I'm not so sure that Teague was killed by the players yesterday. Didn't change a thing whilst we were getting SMASHED in the midfield for the entire game (Silvagni?), persisted with Harry in a higher role, played an underdone/cooked Betts.

Sure, the players as a collective weren't great, but we were murdered by Gold Coast's approach at the stoppages (the writing was on the wall early, surely some tinkering could have been done in this regard?).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Ladies & Gents here is my take! Broken Pommy today, Again massive apologies for anyone who was led by my little bit of excitement for this game! Stay Safe! Stay Together and Go Blues :(

I'm not so sure that Teague was killed by the players yesterday. Didn't change a thing whilst we were getting SMASHED in the midfield for the entire game (Silvagni?), persisted with Harry in a higher role, played an underdone/cooked Betts.

Sure, the players as a collective weren't great, but we were murdered by Gold Coast's approach at the stoppages (the writing was on the wall early, surely some tinkering could have been done in this regard?).

Reckon Teague's Goose was cooked before yesterday tbh.

I get the unfortunate feeling the players have already been told Teague will not be coaching next year, and perhaps they felt little incentive to perform knowing he won't be there next year.

Just spitballing here and not excusing a pretty ordinary coaching performance from Teague yesterday.

The board needs some culpability in the air of uncertainty around the club certainly

I think we need players who respond well to expectations and pressure.
You can see that Walsh does.
The way we fall over when a win is expected or desperately needed is telling.
Might need to do psych evals before signing 'em up.
Or do we already do that?
If we do.....staff upgrade please. :eek: :p
Maybe we should send em to the camp that the crows had. Might have the opposite effect on us. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️😳😳

A conditional side that cannot sustain an effort for 4 quarters let alone consecutive weeks. Im largely indifferent to the loss because im really not surprised. Can only assume a lack of discipline and or professionalism inside the 4 walls of the club.

We are in desperate need of a coach who simply won't tolerate this, will look to move on these "conditional" players no matter what their name is, and develop a group with a much harder edge.

No it isn't. Some of it is, sure. What's a coaches job then? If not to help players prepare so they can give that intent. To create an environment players want to compete in. Everyone can end up miserable at their job. Footy players are human too.
Naive mate, standards slip over time and animosity builds. This is what you get.
In the moment its the players fault sure, but the reasons they play like that and the structures that allow it? All on Teague and the FD. Not hard to understand.

So how would you explain last week’s performance then compared with yesterday or the North game.

if the coach had lost the players that much why would they bother with the Saints effort.

Bar one player it was the same team running out.

So how would you explain last week’s performance then compared with yesterday or the North game.

if the coach had lost the players that much why would they bother with the Saints effort.

Bar one player it was the same team running out.
I said inconsistencies arise from poor structure. The fact the talent shines one week yet never two in a row supports everything I've said.

I never said Teague lost the players in that post either. I said he doesn't have high enough preparation standards, good enough structure etc and inconsistent performances are what follows. He's putting on a clinic on how to run a bipolar footy team perfectly.

I said inconsistencies arise from poor structure. The fact the talent shines one week yet never two in a row supports everything I've said.

I never said Teague lost the players in that post either. I said he doesn't have high enough preparation standards, good enough structure etc and inconsistent performances are what follows. He's putting on a clinic on how to run a bipolar footy team perfectly.

Given the number of coaches we’ve been through are we just unlucky with hiring or are the players contributing to their demise.

Like I said not disagreeing that Teague is part of the problem but he‘s not alone.

The Bi-Polar Blues. Sounds like a song title. I should send it to the Coodabeens.

How would you know what the preparation is?

How would you know what the preparation is?
Jesus. How would you know the sun is a star made of plasma?

How would you know how hot the surface of venus is?

******* observation combined with experience. The defence of the reasonable and well explained with 'nyer how would you know' is tiresome.

I explained it perfectly well and have multiple times. Nothing I've said is outlandish and some of what I've said is based on what people in the industry have told me and other of what I say is based on personal experience as a player and Coach in elite pathways.

'How would. You know its culture
How would you know its effort
How would you know its preparation'

Mate, then what is it. We aren't having a review for no reason. If you can't see that or don't want to allow discussion about these things then idk what to tell you.

Jesus. How would you know the sun is a star made of plasma?

How would you know how hot the surface of venus is?

******* observation combined with experience. The defence of the reasonable and well explained with 'nyer how would you know' is tiresome.

I explained it perfectly well and have multiple times. Nothing I've said is outlandish and some of what I've said is based on what people in the industry have told me and other of what I say is based on personal experience as a player and Coach in elite pathways.

'How would. You know its culture
How would you know its effort
How would you know its preparation'

Mate, then what is it. We aren't having a review for no reason. If you can't see that or don't want to allow discussion about these things then idk what to tell you.

I don't think he's challenging your right to discuss anything, it's just the habit around these parts of passing opinion off as fact.

Last edited:
Back