Autopsy Rd 21 Blues turn to jelly when the F word is mentioned

Who played well for the Blues in Round 21 vs the Suns?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope you feel better after that Tony Lynn 15

But in fact I am right about that trend even if it doesn't suit the agenda of snarky club bashing.

edit just for you bro...(Hopefully) hard winning culture...eventually...........

Calm down Rambo.

Dwayne Russell “Carlton have set up the wall”

7 seconds later Gold Coast goal.

Sums up our season, team defence is disorganised, lazy, clumsy and stupid. 4 players zone space parallel to a kicker and leave the centre of the ground free.

If Wietering and Jones weren’t so good one on one, we’d be collecting another spoon.

Turn off and restart in safe mode.

Highlight of the match for me has to be LoB playing fullback while Newnes still gets priority to play wing.

Teagueeeeee trainnnnn

I didn’t mind it. He was behind the ball at times which isn’t the worst move when we are lacking good users back there and Saad seemed to have a more defensive role. It’s often the easiest way to get easy/uncontested ball which also suits him.

Teams tend to go win loss win loss a bit when on the cusp of that transition to hard winning culture. The opposition is irelevant to that trend I feel.
And no I arent being ultra positive nor making excuses.
Looks like we’re out of sync then...we should be playing teams that have won the previous week. :)

I like that you've pointed at high performance.

Russell will need to be highlighted in the review. We have had a horror run with injuries, question marks on selection when players don't seem ready (e.g Murphy not being able to run out a full game, so given the injury sub role).

Russell was supposed to improve the standards of fitness, but was also supposed to help with mental fitness - and we are so up and down, he's clearly not hit the mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like that you've pointed at high performance.

Russell will need to be highlighted in the review. We have had a horror run with injuries, question marks on selection when players don't seem ready (e.g Murphy not being able to run out a full game, so given the injury sub role).

Russell was supposed to improve the standards of fitness, but was also supposed to help with mental fitness - and we are so up and down, he's clearly not hit the mark.
I really do wonder about this one.

Russel is considered best AFL practice if not one of the best in Australia. He's been a part of flags the entire time he's been involved with AFL. I simply cannot understand how things have seemingly almost gotten worse with him here; it's not consistent with his career or results to this point.

Something is going on here. At some point, he'll release a ghost-written autobiography and we'll find out then what went on, but until then all we have is a list cruelled by injury and a playing group who don't seem to have their head straight.

I really do wonder about this one.

Russel is considered best AFL practice if not one of the best in Australia. He's been a part of flags the entire time he's been involved with AFL. I simply cannot understand how things have seemingly almost gotten worse with him here; it's not consistent with his career or results to this point.

Something is going on here. At some point, he'll release a ghost-written autobiography and we'll find out then what went on, but until then all we have is a list cruelled by injury and a playing group who don't seem to have their head straight.

It's as if all good things that are external to Carlton, when arriving at Carlton, deteriorate and turn to $hit. At the end of the day, the review should have analysed ALL aspects of the Club.

They beat Richmond by 10 points. Hardly a smashing. A smashing is the 98 points they lost by to Melbourne last week. Gold Coast may come good in the future but this week
they were on their knees and we should have put them away. We need to stop making excuses. We should have won yesterday. The fact we can’t seem to win these games is a massive issue that needs addressing.

This has been a problem at this club and playing list for a lot longer since Teague has been coach tbh, and I hope the review findings takes that into account

Don't know what you're all complaining about. Try being a Carlton AND Oilers fan. I basically hate myself.
Carlton and Flames fan here. Watched us live hit the cross bar in game 7 back in 2003-2004 (i think) Stanley cup final then losing it OT. I walked away from that game beyond shattered.

Carlton and Flames fan here. Watched us live hit the cross bar in game 7 back in 2003-2004 (i think) Stanley cup final then losing it OT. I walked away from that game beyond shattered.
Yeah, I can imagine. Still, it's the Flames... The Oilers are SUPPOSED to be good lol

... in 1996.

There's a pretty substantial list of things that have happened since 1996. Has footy undergone a fair few transformations since that day he turned up at Adelaide?
'The more things change, the more they stay the same'

Blights approach wasnt exactly industry standard at the time either but it got the desired result. He rid himself of the troublemakers and success followed.

Don't get me wrong it's a joint effort. But in the end, if a player wants to keep their spot, it's on them to be ready to play both physically and emotionally.

I played local footy and never replied on the coach to get me ready mentally. Sure a bake here or there may have switched me on but in the end it fell on me. I never blamed the coach for a bad game.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
When its almost the entire team though on such a regular basis... that needle from players to coach/on field leaders teeters a little more toward the latter. Right?

Back