Autopsy Rd 22 The Teague Train Refuses To Derail - Blues by 10

Who played well for the Blues in Round 22 vs the Saints?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That in the back call against Walsh was insane...holding the ball and not even in the back...club needs to call out the current umpire bias against us
Pre-school thread.

Weird isn’t it how Teague just has come out of no where and left a huge imprint on everyone (players, members, afl, media) in such a short time. His appointed really feels right.
Absolutely. To me, the whole situation is analogous to fishing, where sometimes the best spot to put your line in the water is right where you’re standing (in this case, Teague Jetty), and not at some difficult-to-access spot a long, long way away (Clarkson’s Point, Lyon’s Rocks etc etc). It’s early days I know, but I feel that we’ve caught the best fish that we possibly could in snaring Teaguey - roll on 2020 and beyond.

Hey you guys we just won’t game with
No Weiters
No Marchbank
No Jones
and a Cripps who’d been in hospital all morning.

In Teague we trust!

No Docherty either. Or Charlie Curnow. Or Jesus Christ (Well you get my point)

Hopefully we 'won't' many games next year.. I am more Buzzing than a Queen Bee missing her nest.

My goodness gracious, so many exciting times for Carlton fans ahead.

Holy moly what a rollercoaster.

I'll get the negatives out of the way.

Dow- zero confidence and zero decision making. Has a long way to go.

Lang- couple of good efforts but not enough to warrant selection.

Kennedy- struggled and was shown up for lack of pace.

Fisher- truly lost right now, not offering anything. Needs a big pre season.

And the good stuff....

Levi Casboult was absolute beast mode today. Marking everything. I hope we give him the money he deserves and get him to stay.

Jack Silvagni is the most underrated player in the league. He works soooo hard and creates so many opportunities. A champion.

The old guard; Simmo, Kreuz, Murph. Heart and soul stuff.

Gov is mercurial and he might not light it up every week, but he's the one who will win us a final off his own boot.

Good contributions from Gibbons, SPS, O'Brien and even Setters late in the game.

Newman played very well.

And finally I want to thank Dale Thomas for his service, what an absolute warrior of a footballer.

Got everything that I’d hoped for (most importantly, a character-fuelled win), and nothing that I’d feared (most worryingly, a lack of focus after a potentially distracting week) from this game, and my hope-fear ledger was compiled before the news that Weiters was out, and the realisation that Crippa was going to be well below his best. For mine, that makes this one of our best and most important wins of the season, which will allow us to express ourselves at the Cattery with no real pressure or fear in the final round, in what has miraculously turned out to be a very productive season.

I said at three quarter time in the game day thread that imo Teaguey’s fingerprints are already all over the psychology of this team, especially in the way that the players reflect his positivity and composure under pressure (even when they’re making mistakes), and his quiet, understated resolve and deceptively steely determination, which I absolutely love as a combo.

I hope that the :rabbit: watches this game very closely in the days and weeks ahead, and that he takes into full account the increasingly awesome Blues support that he has the opportunity to play in front of in the years ahead.

Go Blues!
It is turning into a tsunami!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pre-school thread.
Actually, we could make a case for bias from the AFL, the massive free kick differential along with Gill the Dill's comments during the week basically telling the rabbit to stay in Shitney.

Holy moly what a rollercoaster.

I'll get the negatives out of the way.

Dow- zero confidence and zero decision making. Has a long way to go.

Lang- couple of good efforts but not enough to warrant selection.

Kennedy- struggled and was shown up for lack of pace.

And the good stuff....

Levi Casboult was absolute beast mode today. Marking everything. I hope we give him the money he deserves and get him to stay.

Jack Silvagni is the most underrated player in the league. He works soooo hard and creates so many opportunities. A champion.

The old guard; Simmo, Kreuz, Murph. Heart and soul stuff.

Gov is mercurial and he might not light it up every week, but he's the one who will win us a final off his own boot.

Good contributions from Gibbons, SPS, O'Brien and even Setters late in the game.

And finally I want to thank Dale Thomas for his service, what an absolute warrior of a footballer.
Kennedy struggled? Did you have your set turned on?

There were lots of errors made all over the park and they cost - so what?
There were more good plays made all over the park by a lot of players - a real team effort.

Memorable moments for me were

Simmos run through teh middle to deliver a perfect kick to DeLuca- no second hguessing seniority or who he was going to give it to- the best option the blokje who found space and presented - team thinking - great stuff - and congrats to DeLuca for converting the kick.

Murphy's kicking back to elite.

Kreuzers second half - his usual grind themn into teh ground strategy at work again.

Casboult just enormous with his contested marking and influence - looking liek a genuine old school FB with hurt factor too - but I am biased cos I have always loved the Levi.

Special mentions to Jack for his lightning fast thinking and growinhg ability to set up a goal pretty much every time anywhere near it. McGoivern showing what we are going to get from him. Dow playing out the game and impacting big time in 4th. Kennedy's smarts and kicking for goal. harry's contested marking around teh ground - fix the set shots Harry. newman's bravery.

Loved it! Such a strange feeling - experiencing another win.

Oh and Thomas should be on the list in 2020 - don't know what happened there - fix it.

No Docherty either. Or Charlie Curnow. Or Jesus Christ (Well you get my point)

Hopefully we 'won't' many games next year.. I am more Buzzing than a Queen Bee missing her nest.

My goodness gracious, so many exciting times for Carlton fans ahead.
I'm losing track with all the new selection windows....did we pick up JC in the pre season window or mid season draft?

Fantastic to get the win today. Big game for so many reasons. Great team effort.

Jack - so good to watch him put his footy smarts to work. There was a passage where he and Murphy combined to move the ball from wing to inside 50 and the combined smarts between the two were just delightful.

Murphy - another great game, another banana goal. Struggling to remember the last time he missed one of those.

Daisy, Simpson, Newman, Levi all had huge contributions in an undermanned defence. Surely we can find a way to hang on to Levi?

DeLuca had several frustrating rushed kicks forward to nests of waiting Saints, but he stood up in the last with that set shot to get us the lead.

McGovern on the way up... and up. Harry a solid contribution and rousing goal on the run, just needs to fix his set shots.

Kruezer, outstanding again.

Teague, some smart coaching under challenging constraints. Ratten threw a couple of curve balls but Teague responded and came out with the win.

Good to see Dow come back from the reserves and slot that goal.

Great listening to the crowd in the last.

Roll on next year.

Levi was ridiculously good today, just out of this world good. I hope we keep him, I understand if we don’t because we shouldn’t be giving 30 year olds 3 years.

I hold onto the hope the last 2 times he’s been out of contract clubs have been too *ed to offer anything decent enough

Back