Autopsy Rd 3 vs Swans. 19 point loss

Whose game did you like today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

However, I believe the result flatters us and Sydney let us get close. We were at "home".

I think we see the negatives, because for all their 'dominance', they managed an equal number of inside 50s, 1 less scoring shot, and a minimum of 4-6 pf their 14 goals were umpire assisted/derived.

A hell of a lot went wrong for us, but I really don't think they 'let' us get close.

I always defended Bolton as didn't think he had much cattle to work with and the general administration of our club is still completely laughable but my patience has run out. Another loss at home to what looks a fellow bottom 4 outfit and if we lose next week you can pretty much lock in another spoon. Complete inability to kick over 100 points in a single game for decades is telling that the coach just isn't good enough.

#historyrepeating

We have to get the **** out of Marvel and play as fewer games there as possible.

We just don't play good football there.

To be fair we don't really play good football anywhere.

Not sure which mark in the first you are referring to, maybe Blakey's where Buddy pushed out Jones prior to the mark.

I was referring to Hayward's late in the second where 4 swans did their best to spoil Hayward, who barely held it. Not a Carlton defender in sight it the contest. Unacceptable

While we were screwed by the umpires ( we can add the Kennedy goal which only happened because Papley caught Cripps high and the dodgy ruck infringement decision in front of goals at the start of the 3rd), Sydney would have stepped up and found a way to get the job done on the day without the umpires assistance.

What is hilarious is reading the Swans autopsy [I did it, so you don't have to. You can thank me later],where they claim they were so hard done by the parochial Victorian Umpires. Apparently the fact that we had 4 more frees for is evidence of bias, but they ignore the 4-7 goal difference accrued to the Swans by umpiring errors. FMD.

You mean the sky is not falling ? I assumed from the posts on BF that it must have fallen . Did people expect that we would just miraculously improve through the roof from the round 23 game last year and the first few games this year ?

On SM-T580 using BigFooty.com mobile app

So far the Suns have and they lost both co-captains. Some improvement could be expected and I'd rather you didn't mention the term "honourable" loss because if the coach doesn't accept that neither should we.

So far the Suns have and they lost both co-captains. Some improvement could be expected and I'd rather you didn't mention the term "honourable" loss because if the coach doesn't accept that neither should we.
I have personally seen improvement.
Nobody accepts an honourable loss, but before we are actually competing for something why can't we look at the actual game itself and be satisfied with some of the things we are seeing.

Regarding the Sun's you need to look big picture. Sure they have won 2 of 3 games but do you look at there list and see flag potential anytime in the next 5 years? Because I look at Carlton's and I do, but not GC, heck I don't even see Top 6 potential for them.

What is hilarious is reading the Swans autopsy [I did it, so you don't have to. You can thank me later],where they claim they were so hard done by the parochial Victorian Umpires. Apparently the fact that we had 4 more frees for is evidence of bias, but they ignore the 4-7 goal difference accrued to the Swans by umpiring errors. FMD.

I'd love to see analysis of the bottom 6 vs finals teams in terms of free kicks resulting in goals in the following season.

So another hopeless year, scratching 4 wins if we are lucky. Seriously... How deflating. It kills all the enjoyment out of supporting a club. We've all been through this in the mid 2000s. I'm 30 this year, I started following footy seriously in 1995...i have seen more bad years than good in my lifetime. It's painful

Ahh, a Premiership year that'll teach you for getting on the bandwagon.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have won if we didn't butcher it in front of goal. I think our forward line function is garbage. Maybe we press too far back but how often do we have no one to kick to? Commentators were right, all these marking targets and their positioning is sometimes poor. Need to get this right.

Kennedy Tagging Cripps. I talked about this prior to the game how we should bring Kennedy in and use him as a tagger on the oppositions best clearance player. We didn't do it. They did and it was a massive win to them. Maybe Matt Kennedy isn't up to it but I think we need to try.

End of they day our guns fired their guns fired and they had more top end talent and more mature bodies.

Cripps - Good as always but Josh Kennedy tagging him was a win for them.

Walsh - I don't know if I have seen a player so good in their first season. He's three years advanced from most draftees. Probably needs to polish up the kicking a little but I'm not worried about that. Already our second best mid and one day will be our best player.

Murphy - We're not good enough to be without Murphy. He's a handy player without being a star and played much cleaner football this week.

Curnow - Bobbed up for a really good game in the forward line.

Newman - I thought he was pretty good and is slowly working his way up the pecking order in our defence. May have moved past Simpson.

SPS - Start of the game I thought he was soft and not playing with much intensity but he come good as the game went on and had a reasonable game. Still needs to add more size.

Fisher - Thought he was great, he's on of our best stoppage players, very quick and nimble with good hands. Just at times is a little quick to dish off.

Thomas - continuation of some pretty solid form.

Lobbe - Not a great game, not as good as Phillips.

McKay - Dominated in the air. Is hard to stop when he's leading up at the ball. We need to see less bombing the ball on his head and leading back towards goal. He could have won us the game but his kicking for goal this game let us down.

Casboult - Did a couple of nice things and I liked him crashing the pack but he's really not much of a player. He's filling a role.

Dow - Becoming a reasonable ball winner and when he fills out he'll be a decent extractor but he's unclean. He can not kick at all and this has been an issue for a long time. Slowly cleaning up the odd fumble in his game but has a long way to go before he is a damaging footballer.

Setterfield - Looked really off the pace today. You can tell he will be a good player but at this stage he's lacking a few good pre-seasons and some size.

Simpson - He's starting to show signs that he's slowing down. He can still play and is still best 22 but his best is past him.

Marchbank - Thought he was fairly reasonable for a first game back. Just looks a quality player. Kicking could be better.

Weitering - Wasn't as prolific this week but he was solid.

O'Brien - Rarely sighted and we saw why he's been in the seconds for so long. He's not there yet.

Jones - Was excellent on Franklin. Like his more one on one approach. BOG for mine.

McGovern - I guess he was injured?

Gibbons - Did enough to earn a run at it but has not delivered. Time to go back to the VFL and develop, find form and get back into the side.

Polson - Good game first game back but he really did nothing this game.

Back