Autopsy Rd 4 - Massive choke - Bottomed out again.

Whose game did you like in Round 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

They were just sharpening their knives for the hatchet job they were planning this week. Juddy completely shut up Caroline Wilson with his flat bat approach. It was very well done. You could see Lloyd was champing at the bit to have a go. If I was Judd I would have just asked him how many finals has Essendon played in in the past 18 years. Their record is just as bad as ours. Lloyd has without doubt, the most punchable face in the media.
Slobbo says hi..

May as well fess up.

Didn’t watch the last 30 seconds, all got a bit too much and got an attack of the walkies and hid in the kitchen.

Glad to get that off my chest.
My wife spent hours in the kitchen cooking a superb lamb roast that I was looking forward too ..
Lost the appetite within a half a minute and hardley touched it ..
I was gutted ..

So you are saying, supporters who bag club, coach and or players are loyal?

Same as when they boo them after a big loss, they are loyal supporters?

Do you have problems with comprehension or are you just trying to fight?

Last edited:
No ones head is in the sand. The club is improving.
People need to get some perspective here, we are still missing some key pieces to the puzzle.

1. We are missing terribly our best half backs which is killing our ball movement out of defence and making us either go short or go long down the line, add Docherty and Willo to our back six our entire game changes completely, we now have run and dash from half back and can effectively attack through the corridor with precise ball use by hand and foot, other than that our defence is solid.

2. Our forward line has hardly played any football together at all and needs time to learn the right patterns to run and which players need to push up, and when, and which and how many need to stay back, this will come in time and we have seen glimpses already. Add a descent small forward to our team and better entries from the young mids and look out we will score heavily.

They must be given the time and space to learn and grow, this is the first year we have had the whole list together and we are missing key pieces still, notably our half backs, a small forward and of course another key component Kreuser in the ruck.
This crap about 20 years in the doldrums is irrelevant to our current situation which is we started from scratch both off field and on so the past has no bearing on this version of the club. They stated from the start it will take us at least 3 years to get the list we want, last years development was cruelled completely by injuries and that’s not an excuse it is a fact, we are now close to having the list we want and all of a sudden we are going to scrap the plan we had in place because of 4 close losses, seriously is that who we are as people and as a football club, we hit one hurdle in our plan and we just give up and throw all that work out the door.

Seriously people take a breath I know it is frustrating and disheartening to keep losing but we have to hang in there and stick to the plan at least until we have all the pieces on the field and have given them a chance to play together for more than a half a dozen games, I’m telling you now you add in Doc and Willo we will look a different side coming out of defence and attacking the forward 50.
Give the forwards and there new forwards coach more than 4 games to prove themselves, patience now will show dividends in the near future I am sure of it.

But if we start carrying on and calling for change the media will tear us to pieces and we will have no one to blame but ourselves, because as the witch Caro said “this isn’t our concerns this is a reflection of what the Carlton supporters are saying” and frankly she’s right, by carrying on like this we are forcing the media to act on our concerns, and in that Bolton is right we all have to be in this together and that means us as well sticking by the plan we all called for and wanted, not calling for change and carrying on like we barrack for a team that has only ever won 1 premiership, we have 16 the equal most and until that changes we are still the best team in the business so let’s act like it and stick together through this and reap the rewards of taking that 17th premiership before essenscum.

By the way, re Lloyds interview on SEN yesterday morning. I would have liked to hear a different choice of words to the question of whether the club was united. I would have preferred to hear a more committed "yes," as was delivered by Judd later that evening on FC, than the seemingly detached 'I think so" that Lloyd responded with. But that is likely me being overly pedantic.
No not overly pedantic I agree wholeheartedly we need to stay united or the media will take it as a sign and tear us apart.

People need to get some perspective here, we are still missing some key pieces to the puzzle.

1. We are missing terribly our best half backs which is killing our ball movement out of defence and making us either go short or go long down the line, add Docherty and Willo to our back six our entire game changes completely, we now have run and dash from half back and can effectively attack through the corridor with precise ball use by hand and foot, other than that our defence is solid.

2. Our forward line has hardly played any football together at all and needs time to learn the right patterns to run and which players need to push up, and when, and which and how many need to stay back, this will come in time and we have seen glimpses already. Add a descent small forward to our team and better entries from the young mids and look out we will score heavily.

They must be given the time and space to learn and grow, this is the first year we have had the whole list together and we are missing key pieces still, notably our half backs, a small forward and of course another key component Kreuser in the ruck.
This crap about 20 years in the doldrums is irrelevant to our current situation which is we started from scratch both off field and on so the past has no bearing on this version of the club. They stated from the start it will take us at least 3 years to get the list we want, last years development was cruelled completely by injuries and that’s not an excuse it is a fact, we are now close to having the list we want and all of a sudden we are going to scrap the plan we had in place because of 4 close losses, seriously is that who we are as people and as a football club, we hit one hurdle in our plan and we just give up and throw all that work out the door.

Seriously people take a breath I know it is frustrating and disheartening to keep losing but we have to hang in there and stick to the plan at least until we have all the pieces on the field and have given them a chance to play together for more than a half a dozen games, I’m telling you now you add in Doc and Willo we will look a different side coming out of defence and attacking the forward 50.
Give the forwards and there new forwards coach more than 4 games to prove themselves, patience now will show dividends in the near future I am sure of it.

But if we start carrying on and calling for change the media will tear us to pieces and we will have no one to blame but ourselves, because as the witch Caro said “this isn’t our concerns this is a reflection of what the Carlton supporters are saying” and frankly she’s right, by carrying on like this we are forcing the media to act on our concerns, and in that Bolton is right we all have to be in this together and that means us as well sticking by the plan we all called for and wanted, not calling for change and carrying on like we barrack for a team that has only ever won 1 premiership, we have 16 the equal most and until that changes we are still the best team in the business so let’s act like it and stick together through this and reap the rewards of taking that 17th premiership before essenscum.
Stop posting common sense mate....Good effort :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a 100% better than where it was just look at his stats compared to how bad it used to be, there is no fixed because no one has a perfect kicking action ( Besides Fev and Lockett) Dows kicking can be improved by first fixing his running gait so that he is more balanced when running and then working on the kicking action from there, so don’t try and tell me his kicking can’t be improved, otherwise as you say there is no point in having this discussion.
They’re going to fix his running gait and then that’ll fix his kicking?
Couldn’t talk more nonsense if you tried.
He’s a s**t kick just accept it and get over it.
FMD I can’t believe the s**t some people spin!

Levi's kicking, for goal, is now at AFL standard, certainly the stats suggest it has been from 2016
Arrow you need to open the other eye. I don’t need stats to tell me he can’t kick I’ve got eyes for that. Improved a little, yes, afl standard give me a break.

They’re going to fix his running gait and then that’ll fix his kicking?
Couldn’t talk more nonsense if you tried.
He’s a s**t kick just accept it and get over it.
FMD I can’t believe the s**t some people spin!
Tell that to Daisy cause that’s exactly what they did with him after his ankle injury and his kicking is much better now than it was after his ankle injury. Your gait has everything to do with your kicking especially your kicking on the run and if you dont know that then I am wasting my time.

1. We are missing terribly our best half backs which is killing our ball movement out of defence and making us either go short or go long down the line, add Docherty and Willo to our back six our entire game changes completely, we now have run and dash from half back and can effectively attack through the corridor with precise ball use by hand and foot, other than that our defence is solid

Yes we most definetely are and now that the season is shot I’m now proponent of playing Stocker early.

My gut feel about him is he’s the fight or flight type if you chuck him in the deep end he’ll swim, I could be completely wrong but I probably couldn’t say the same about LOB at this early stage....not everyone’s development will be linear and that’s to be expected.

We’ve tried Garlett it didn’t work, Simmo won’t go on next year from what I’ve seen to date if he’s going to be an important cog we must give him games asap

Do you have to force yourself to believe your own dribble?
I don’t know a lot but this is something I know a little bit about.
Trevor Keogh used to kick the ball that hard and straight in lane work he’d hurt your chest if you didn’t mark it out in front and if you didn’t judge it bye bye fingers....I know because he busted mine when I was 16....every one of his kicks had same power, same height and the most beautiful spin but in games under pressure he’d spray some...that’s how hard it is to kick at speed at that level.
Guys that were ordinary stayed ordinary but they had good days and bad days and that’s what to expect from Dow.
Now I’m really sick of talking about it!

1. We are missing terribly our best half backs which is killing our ball movement out of defence and making us either go short or go long down the line, add Docherty and Willo to our back six our entire game changes completely, we now have run and dash from half back and can effectively attack through the corridor with precise ball use by hand and foot, other than that our defence is solid

Yes we most definetely are and now that the season is shot I’m now proponent of playing Stocker early.

My gut feel about him is he’s the fight or flight type if you chuck him in the deep end he’ll swim, I could be completely wrong but I probably couldn’t say the same about LOB at this early stage....not everyone’s development will be linear and that’s to be expected.

We’ve tried Garlett it didn’t work, Simmo won’t go on next year from what I’ve seen to date if he’s going to be an important cog we must give him games asap
Saw that on the weekend in the 2s they played Lang off half back, not sure how he went overall but I think he had about 12 touches in half a game. We are certainly looking for an answer to the problem.

Back