Preview Rd 6 Carlton v Brisbane - Saturday 24th April 4.35PM @ Marvel Stadium - Team Post #964

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember writing that he's a tackling machine...? But read into things what you want.

Your comment mentioned you wished he showed toughness when tackling or getting a hard ball.
Well, he was the one of the only Blues in round one to show any intent.
I didn't think 4 tackles was impressive. The fact it led the team is embarrassing. 4 tackles and 3 contested possessions is hardly showing intent.

The most glaring and obvious hindrance we have right now is intensity. We don't tackle, we don't harrass we don't run hard both ways and it makes every single player's job harder than it needs to be. Forwards get terrible entries, mids get burnt and defenders get caught out all because we don't play hard enough. Without that trust that players are going to work both ways it creates confusion and panic which results in poor skills.

For years we have played blokes out of position. SPS is our best kick inside 50, he kicks it to the forwards advantage softly, so he needs to be forward of the ball, not in a back pocket. Cuningham was terrific in the midfield against Essendon all those years ago, but we play him half forward now. Setterfield looked a decent midfielder, but we stick him on a wing. Williamson had mongrel and dash but now it's gone. Betts, Curnow, Casboult and Murphy should not be in this team anymore. So frustrating.

Watch it, this week we will tackle like mad.

Week after not so mad.

Because that is equivalent to experimenting with SPS and Cuningham on the wings totally man aha sorry 👉👈.

Newnes and Cottrell wingers 5ever. Don’t fix what ain’t broken 😜😜
Fair enough, I was reading it in a broader context. SPS should definitely move up the field, don't agree on Cuningham though.

McClures comments on 360 are spot on.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Right ideology, lots of the wrong players, and completely bypassing the coaching and development staff.

Right ideology, lots of the wrong players, and completely bypassing the coaching and development staff.
Wouldn't be surprised it's because he knows there's change coming in the assistant coaching ranks. He did let slip whenever he bashes the club they ring him but hadn't this time, I think he knows a bit about what goes on at the club, may not be involved but probably knows a little. Just wants the players to take it on themselves a bit more.

My mate who was physio for the swans, now at the swifts, has 1 huge reason he's absolutely loved the change. 'the men are the laziest pricks ever, they don't know how to do anything for themselves. The girls can look after themselves and take interest in learning how to look after themselves, most of the guys just expect stuff to happen without them doing anything.'

And that's the swans! With their high performance culture! Imagine calling an afl player lazy but that's exactly what he was doing.

Worst team in the league for pressure & tackling. We have to bring in players who can do this and have been performing to a high level in the VFL.

OUTS
Betts (managed). Murphy (managed)
Williamson. Dow (needs to play VFL)

INS
Stocker. Owies. Cuningham. Ramsay (sub) - rewarded for good form in the VFL.
What are the being managed for? They looking at retirement villages that day?

Knowing Carlton, if they ever did drop those two they would be 'managed' and not play VFL rather than 'omitted' and play VFL.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Based off a few rumours I think we will see stocker and owies for Murphy and Williamson this week. Makes sense. The following will be in the firing line the week after or the next with the returns of Martin, JSOS, TDK and Newman.

1. SPS
2. Kennedy
3. Gibbons
4. Casboult
5. Betts
6. Newnes
7. McGovern
8. Curnow
9. Docherty

our side over the next month could look like this:

Parks Weiters Newman
Stocker Jones Saad
Pittonet Walsh Ramsay
Cotterell Cripps Williams
Martin TDK Fogarty
JSOS McKay Owies

INT: Doc, Newnes, Plowman and Curnow
EMERG: Cuningham

Didn’t have him out earlier in the week but I think Newnes has to be dropped for that lack of effort on the wing in the second half v port

Bring LOB in and park him on the wing

Out Newnes, Willo, Murphy, Dow
In LOB, Cunners, Stocker, Owies

Use Gov as a swing man when required down back and play Kennedy as a 3rd tall forward swapping with Cripps when he needs a rest

Give Cunners Murphy’s role
Find a whiteboard and write TACKLE on it.......Drop anyone who doesn’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn’t have him out earlier in the week but I think Newnes has to be dropped for that lack of effort on the wing in the second half v port

Bring LOB in and park him on the wing

Out Newnes, Willo, Murphy, Dow
In LOB, Cunners, Stocker, Owies

Use Gov as a swing man when required down back and play Kennedy as a 3rd tall forward swapping with Cripps when he needs a rest

Give Cunners Murphy’s role
Find a whiteboard and write TACKLE on it.......Drop anyone who doesn’t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will owies be the sub or will it be someone else as you e dropped the sub in Dow.

Based off a few rumours I think we will see stocker and owies for Murphy and Williamson this week. Makes sense. The following will be in the firing line the week after or the next with the returns of Martin, JSOS, TDK and Newman.

1. SPS
2. Kennedy
3. Gibbons
4. Casboult
5. Betts
6. Newnes
7. McGovern
8. Curnow
9. Docherty

our side over the next month could look like this:

Parks Weiters Newman
Stocker Jones Saad
Pittonet Walsh Ramsay
Cotterell Cripps Williams
Martin TDK Fogarty
JSOS McKay Owies

INT: Doc, Newnes, Plowman and Curnow
EMERG: Cuningham
Rather see Davey C. and Stocker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At this point, I prefer Walsh back on a wing

I am so with you on this.
I know Walsh could be anything, and maybe it’s short sighted of me, but I think the best thing for us right now is to play to our strengths rather than take players out of their ideal positions.
Walsh is as hard a runner as I’ve seen since maybe Robert Harvey or Braddles, and his ability to be in the right place at the right time is second to none. Not sure why we want to park him at the centre bounces and in the heart of the stoppages. I’d rather have a Stocker or Dow in there, play to THEIR strengths, what we drafted them for.
Cottrell and Walsh on the wings has the gut running we need to get back and help out the defence.

By mid season, this is what I want to see

Plow Weits Parks
Doc Jones Saad

TDK Cripps Setters
Walsh Williams Newnes

Gibbo Levi(OMac if fit) SPS
Fish Harry Martin

4 of (whoever is fit and in form)

LOB, Ramsay, Stocker, Ed, JSOS, Carroll, Dow, Newman, Philp, Cotts, Kemp, Durdin, Kennedy, Honey, Cuners

Charlie hopefully at some stage

No more Murphy or Betts

Last edited:

Plow Weits Parks
Doc Jones Saad

TDK Cripps Setters
Walsh Williams Newnes

Fish Harry Martin

LOB, Ramsay, Stocker, Ed, JSOS, Carroll, Dow, Newman, Philp, Cotts, Kemp, Durdin, Kennedy, Honey, Cuners

No more Murphy or Betts
Ed Curnow??

Out of form being played in the wrong position

Imagine weits on a HFF, Fish bp, cripps at HB

Yeah, definitely in the wrong position, but there were other issues in the Suns game, and would have been nice if he put in a decent performance in the 2s last week to force his way back in.

Plow Weits Parks
Doc Jones Saad

TDK Cripps Setters
Walsh Williams Newnes

Fish Harry Martin

LOB, Ramsay, Stocker, Ed, JSOS, Carroll, Dow, Newman, Philp, Cotts, Kemp, Durdin, Kennedy, Honey, Cuners, Ed

No more Murphy or Betts

No Pittonet?

Deep down we all know they won't make the necessary changes
and if they do make any changes Setterfield will be first in :cryv1:

Mine would be
FF - Sam Petrevski-Seton - Harry McKay - Michael Gibbons
HF - David Cuningham - Levi Casboult - Lachie Fogarty
C - Zac Williams - Sam Walsh - Matthew Cottrell
HB - Adam Saad - Jacob Weitering - Sam Docherty
FB - Luke Parks - Liam Jones - Lachie Plowman
Fol - Marc Pittonet - Patrick Cripps - Ed Curnow
Bench - Liam Stocker - Paddy Dow - Mitch McGovern - Sam Ramsey
23rd Man -
Marc Murphy

IN - Luke Parks - David Cuningham - Sam Ramsey
OUT - Tom Williamson - Eddie Betts - Matthew Kennedy - Jack Newnes
  • SPS to Rich
  • Curnow to Neale
  • Cuningham to rotate between wing and HFF
  • Dow on the ball inside mid
  • McGovern as a defender looked better there last week.. His not a Forward
  • Williams to rotate wing and HBF
  • Cottrell to Robinson
  • Plowman to Cameron
  • Gibbons back to small forward role
Everyone plays or rotates through their best positions..
If Parks is still injured McGovern to Back Pocket and Owies in

Deep down we all know they won't make the necessary changes
and if they do make any changes Setterfield will be first in :cryv1:

Mine would be
FF - Sam Petrevski-Seton - Harry McKay - Michael Gibbons
HF - David Cuningham - Levi Casboult - Lachie Fogarty
C - Zac Williams - Sam Walsh - Matthew Cottrell
HB - Adam Saad - Jacob Weitering - Sam Docherty
FB - Luke Parks - Liam Jones - Lachie Plowman
Fol - Marc Pittonet - Patrick Cripps - Ed Curnow
Bench - Liam Stocker - Paddy Dow - Mitch McGovern - Sam Ramsey
23rd Man -
Marc Murphy

IN - Luke Parks - David Cuningham - Sam Ramsey
OUT - Tom Williamson - Eddie Betts - Matthew Kennedy - Jack Newnes
  • SPS to Rich
  • Curnow to Neale
  • Cuningham to rotate between wing and HFF
  • Dow on the ball inside mid
  • McGovern as a defender looked better there last week.. His not a Forward
  • Williams to rotate wing and HBF
  • Cottrell to Robinson
  • Plowman to Cameron
  • Gibbons back to small forward role
Everyone plays or rotates through their best positions.. If Parks is still injured
McGovern to Back Pocket and Owies in
Parks is out for 1-2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back