AFL Toast Rd10 vs. North Melbourne - Medium Win against Little Brother

Remove this Banner Ad

40 point win . Money in the bank.
People need to get their head around is we are a side trying to build something and not a side that has the culture to just crush sides . You can not be 20 years without a finals win and expect to turn up and smash side at will . It is something you have to build into.

It was an ugly scrappy game . A few blokes got their arses handed to them but we win and move on . At least we didn’t let them kick 80 plus .
Comparison is the thief of joy!

Enjoy the win, what other teams do to them is irrelevant.

We played a team playing on their home ground! They have some talent and was bound to play decent footy at some stage. No serious injuries, did what we needed to do and got the points. 2nd on the ladder, look forward to next week and an improved performance.

this, this, this

We are still developing an identity. The false premise of sitting 3rd 2nd should not be lost on us or anyone else. With hindsight, perhaps the Pies game is the outlier as the really good teams, in form have beaten us comfortably.
C'mon man, what about "Edge"? Performance not edgy enough for you? We edged them out in the end...

Wasn't pretty a lot of the time but banked the points and looks like we got out of it pretty injury free (hopefully Duz is ok).
Probably missed 4 very gettable goals near the end there that would have turned it into a 10 goal win

Scott presser basically said they rest Durham on the bench that last quarter to protect him. If they felt they needed him, they would have sent him back out there.

He’ll be right for next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

40 point win . Money in the bank.
People need to get their head around is we are a side trying to build something and not a side that has the culture to just crush sides . You can not be 20 years without a finals win and expect to turn up and smash side at will . It is something you have to build into.

It was an ugly scrappy game . A few blokes got their arses handed to them but we win and move on . At least we didn’t let them kick 80 plus .
I understand and I don't think you're wrong, but Gold Coast have never made finals and they always crush side. It's an issue that's hopefully identified and needs to be worked on.

I understand and I don't think you're wrong, but Gold Coast have never made finals and they always crush side. It's an issue that's hopefully identified and needs to be worked on.
It’s not even the margin for me. I reckon a few of our players turned up expecting to belt them by 80. The first 10 minutes of the game was deplorable.

Stringer in the first half was definitely a culprit.

Essendon (seniors) win
Essendon (reserves) win
Very few injuries

Carlton lost
Collingwood scraped over the line
Hawks lost
Geelong lost
Richmond lost

guess we'll need to hold the mantle for best team in Victoria for a little while yet, all whilst firing on 3 cylinders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back