Game Day Rd8 - Tiggers at MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

We don't lose anything from admitting it was a harsh call when I guarantee you most players on the ground didn't even realise a free kick had been paid in the first place.
It's not about admitting it was harsh or not, Darcy knew straight away, so why didn't the Richmond player?

It's not about admitting it was harsh or not, Darcy knew straight away, so why didn't the Richmond player?
Darcy knew because he felt the FK against him. You're always going to be more aware if you're looking for it. How many times have we seen players go to grab the ball thinking they've earnt a free kick but the umpire takes it from them and calls a ball up? FKs in the ruck contest are iffy enough as is, let alone 1 second before the siren goes and you hear a whistle go off.

Because the siren went and the free was far from glaring - it wasn’t a blatant high tackle out in space, it was some sort of ruck infringement.

The commentators were even throwing to an ad break - umpires need to have more common sense there.

The Tigs player didn’t even get advantage from not giving the ball back.

Because the siren went and the free was far from glaring - it wasn’t a blatant high tackle out in space, it was some sort of ruck infringement.

The commentators were even throwing to an ad break - umpires need to have more common sense there.

The Tigs player didn’t even get advantage from not giving the ball back.

The exact same thing happened to us a few years back.

The exact same thing happened to us a few years back.
Our one was much more obvious though. It was an obvious free kick and it was just a brain fade for Switta. A holding kick in a ruck contest could have gone either way, and the 2 seconds left when the ball is thrown up is barely enough for players to register the whistle being blown and knowing who it is against.

Thought Johnson was good today, his best game for a while.

Good win and could of been a trap game.

Johnson was good, just shows what he can do when he has more midfield time. Still not perfect but I like how he takes the game on, he will get better and breaking tackles

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Josh Draper just played one of the most underrated games by a Docker player in our history. Keeping a player as dangerous as Bolton goalless while also doing well on Dustin Martin when Bolton moved up the field for such an inexperienced player is a fantastic effort.

I also like the fact he took a good intercept mark, haven’t seen that previously…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only complaint I have is our small forwards need to get involved more. Apart from Freddy, they were mostly unsighted or in and out of the game. Obviously Simpson first full game

We don't lose anything from admitting it was a harsh call when I guarantee you most players on the ground didn't even realise a free kick had been paid in the first place.
But it is wasn't harsh, it was the correct call. Bairstow stumped himself and its the same here with Dow, his lack of match awareness cost his team a goal. No excuses for stupidity.

Geez, where not there yet. We get exposed with turn overs and not being able to hit targets. When the likes of Walker get a hard edge and run at the player and break tackles I’ll know where getting close. Happy with the progress.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brayshaw’s kicking in that game was hilarious. Did he hit a target?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I seriously want to know what goes through his head when he get's an open kick inside 50. It's like he can never decide to go for goal or pass it off so he just does neither.

I seriously want to know what goes through his head when he get's an open kick inside 50. It's like he can never decide to go for goal or pass it off so he just does neither.
prob thinking what Bigfooty fans will post about him after the match lol

Takes the third of 2 options sometimes. I think he's lost some confidence in front of goal unfortunately, because he would have gone for it in 2022 and kicked more than he missed

Josh Draper just played one of the most underrated games by a Docker player in our history. Keeping a player as dangerous as Bolton goalless while also doing well on Dustin Martin when Bolton moved up the field for such an inexperienced player is a fantastic effort.
Agree he was very good again today.

Each game he plays he is getting more confidence in his ability.

He is going to be a great player for years to come as he is still very young and learning his trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back