• I like it

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • Not fussed

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • I don't like it

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

i agree in many ways, but we rarely get to wear our true home kit at home these days (almost always with white shorts, which is fine i guess)

It does kind of bug me that we seem to be the only club that doesn't appear to have any say, or any right to wear what we want to wear. These days our uniform seems to mostly default to predominately white to accomodate the other mob (who in many cases have created the problem by evolving to "darker" kits)

We do look good in the white, but we even have to wear white topped socks to further enhance the contrast (can't see how that is really necessary). Even against Hawthorn now we never wear our 'home" kit. if wearing white shorts and socks is the price to pay that we almost always wear our traditional guernsey, then i guess it's a good thing, it's more the principal of us not having any right to make other teams wear other strips.

Minor rant done.
I just love the kit we wore in 07, 09, and 11 premierships.

There are some good new things happening with the guernseys, still think the collar looks a bit odd (as it did this year)
Love the use of the Ford script on the back, wish it was in navy blue on the home version (looks great in reverse white on the clash)
Love the clash, probably our best ever.
Still don't like how the top hoop gets cropped over sometimes (probably due to sizing) by the panel that wraps over the shoulder, just seems (or should that be seams :)) unnecessary and creates an avoidable design problem.
The short sleeve T (whether that is JLT, warm up or just supporter wear) looks great.

Do you have a picture of the warm up top as i cant seem to find it

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why do Sydney never have to wear white shorts unless they are in their clash and we are forced to wear white unless we are playing one of the two red based teams?

f6fe0f7bc7e4db758a535048b45c9128.jpg

Are these tops on here. Are they the new warm up/training tops?

Could be, but it also now could be AFLX tops.
Gee they would be awesome for that
They had one on display at the open day a few weeks back, i actually thought they looked quite good
Yeah i love the look of them. Thats why i was wondering if anyone has seen them as i would love 1 of those tops. I suppose wr just have to wait till they release more of there range in the coming weeks

Gee they would be awesome for that

Yeah i love the look of them. Thats why i was wondering if anyone has seen them as i would love 1 of those tops. I suppose wr just have to wait till they release more of there range in the coming weeks

I have no idea what they are for mate but I really liked them in person, the navy blue is spot on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How often will we use it?

Moreover how often are we going to wear white shorts at home?

#brinkbackdarkshortsathomeGFC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How often will we use it?

Moreover how often are we going to wear white shorts at home?

#brinkbackdarkshortsathomeGFC

AFL only allow us to wear blue shorts against:

Sydney
Gold Coast
Brsbane (Fitzroy red jumper)

Unless we adopt this new jumper like North did we will wear white shorts all year except:

Round 10, 11 & Round 19.

Only will use blue shorts on GMHBA in round 10, the other 2 are gold coast and scg.

White shorts are still better than inverting our jumper like North did.

AFL only allow us to wear blue shorts against:

Sydney
Gold Coast
Brsbane (Fitzroy red jumper)

Unless we adopt this new jumper like North did we will wear white shorts all year except:

Round 10, 11 & Round 19.

Only will use blue shorts on GMHBA in round 10, the other 2 are gold coast and scg.

White shorts are still better than inverting our jumper like North did.

Thank you.

Would prefer we use blue shorts and the clash jumper more if I understood you correctly.

Thank you.

Would prefer we use blue shorts and the clash jumper more if I understood you correctly.

So your in favor of following North Melbourne's current policy, which would mean no more white with blue hoops on GMHBA and the blue with white hoops used 16 to 18 times a year?

So your in favor of following North Melbourne's current policy, which would mean no more white with blue hoops on GMHBA and the blue with white hoops used 16 to 18 times a year?

Yep. Am a traditionalist. How do you get 16-18 times a year. We are talking about our home strip at home games more rather than almost never.

Yep. Am a traditionalist. How do you get 16-18 times a year. We are talking about our home strip at home games more rather than almost never.

I am guessing with what happened with North, but my reading of the tea leaves with our situation is:

AFL tell the clubs what they are to wear each round or face massive fines.

The AFL are clearly trying to have all 18 clubs with a predominately dark jumpers.

Collingwood in 2001 changed to the current white on black rather than black on white.

North introduced their reversed jumper in 2011 as an away/clash jumper, and then announced it would become their home jumper in 2017 because they wanted to wear royal blue shorts more.

Geelong in 2015 were forced by the AFL to wear white shorts at home unless they play GC, SYD or Brisbane in their red Vic jumper.

The club have now introduced a full inverse of their home jumper.

Now that exists the AFL will enforce more that Navy shorts be not worn anytime except for the above.

The unknown is: has the club been told they will be forced to wear an away jumper more often thus why they have gone the full inverse now, will this jumper meet the same fate as the last 2 jumpers and never be used in an afl game, or is Geelong testing the water?

I am expecting this new jumper to be used at some point in 2019 and members to be surveyed on their feeling about it being used more often or as a home jumper or in away games so we are using navy shorts more.

I may be wrong, but the fact this jumper is now available, the AFL wanting colored jumpers are going to find reasons for us to use it.

I would be not surprised to see the new jumper used in round 11 and 19.

I would rather us stick with white, but with what has happened in the past with Collingwood and North, expect unless we make a song and dance it will be our home jumper at some point in the next 5 years.

I could be wrong, and I hope I am.

I am guessing with what happened with North, but my reading of the tea leaves with our situation is:

AFL tell the clubs what they are to wear each round or face massive fines.

The AFL are clearly trying to have all 18 clubs with a predominately dark jumpers.

Collingwood in 2001 changed to the current white on black rather than black on white.

North introduced their reversed jumper in 2011 as an away/clash jumper, and then announced it would become their home jumper in 2017 because they wanted to wear royal blue shorts more.

Geelong in 2015 were forced by the AFL to wear white shorts at home unless they play GC, SYD or Brisbane in their red Vic jumper.

The club have now introduced a full inverse of their home jumper.

Now that exists the AFL will enforce more that Navy shorts be not worn anytime except for the above.

The unknown is: has the club been told they will be forced to wear an away jumper more often thus why they have gone the full inverse now, will this jumper meet the same fate as the last 2 jumpers and never be used in an afl game, or is Geelong testing the water?

I am expecting this new jumper to be used at some point in 2019 and members to be surveyed on their feeling about it being used more often or as a home jumper or in away games so we are using navy shorts more.

I may be wrong, but the fact this jumper is now available, the AFL wanting colored jumpers are going to find reasons for us to use it.

I would be not surprised to see the new jumper used in round 11 and 19.

I would rather us stick with white, but with what has happened in the past with Collingwood and North, expect unless we make a song and dance it will be our home jumper at some point in the next 5 years.

I could be wrong, and I hope I am.
That clash jumper was available last season mate.. And we never actually wear it. It's purely for $$$ in extra sales IMO

That clash jumper was available last season mate.. And we never actually wear it. It's purely for $$$ in extra sales IMO

It’s the first time it has been a pure inverse of the home jumper though, 2015 was similar but the white stripes were thinner.

I also hear more people on the radio complaining about the white shorts all the time.

Just got this gutt feeling with the look of it they are going to use it in a game this year.

Back