Remove this Banner Ad

PoopingHindi

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
Today I found out that Scott Hutchison of Frightened Rabbit fame killed himself in 2018.
It reminded me how much I love the album Midnight Organ Fight and how beautiful and painful his lyrics were.
Every song on this record is exceptional.

CliffMcTainshaw

Premiership Player
Apr 11, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Cill Chainnigh
I’ve listened to at least 2+ albums every day for the last 30+ years and before that I bought an album (record and then CD) every week for 25 years. There have been some outstanding albums over that time. The album I am going to recommend, is by far my favourite album, however, I hardly ever listen to it anymore. The big reason is that it works its way into my brain and all I will hear and think about are the songs from the album repeated over and over and over in my head for weeks. Just writing this has triggered some things playing in my head.

Fullfillingness’ First Finale by Stevie Wonder (1974) won 3 Grammys and was named the album of the year.

Stevie had left Motown a couple of years earlier and was finally in full control of his creative freedom and and at the height of his powers. This is what he produced.

With a standout cast of some of the most talented musicians of the time like, Paul Anka, James Jamerson (the uncredited bassist on most of the Motown Records hits), Minnie Ripperton, The Jackson 5, Sergio Mendes, The Persuasions and Deniece Williams (4 Grammys and 9 other nominations) and plenty of others. It is a truly wonderful album. I Once had a girlfriend who described it as sex set to music. I had to agree!
See if you do!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad