Toast Record Breaking Game - May 25th, 2024 vs. North

Remove this Banner Ad

The Round 11 match on May 25th, 2024 against the corpse that is North Melbourne is going to be a big one for Port Adelaide.

In particular for head coach Ken Hinkley as he achieves a record never before seen in VFL/AFL history.

That's right, in his his 259th game as coach, he officially overtakes Bill Stephen as the coach with the most games without of Grand Final appearance.

Congratulations to Ken, Koch and all the board.

I just wanted to remind people that during Bill Stephen's run he coached on four separate occasions.

Fitzroy 1955-57 - captain/coach
Back at Fitzroy 1965-70 - coach
Essendon 1976-77 - coach
Fitzroy 1979-80 - seems the first time coaching with a decent team

So during all of those games coached Bill Stephens was retired or fired 4 times.

I just wanted to remind people that during Bill Stephen's run he coached on four separate occasions.

Essendon 1976-77 - coach

So during all of those games coached Bill Stephens was retired or fired 4 times.
Yeah. The relevant record isn't the Bill Stephen one, it's 'most games coached at the same club without a Grand Final'. He's already well and truly broken that. By the time his contract expires, Ken will have been here three and a half years longer than the second longest tenure.

I don’t trust Koch and Co to be able to hire an adequate replacement when it does happen.

I wouldn’t be surprised loses this game. Our players have lost all confidence in the game plan. We are a shambles as of now, sheer will gets us over the line at times, Ken sucks, Koch sucks, Cardone sucks, everyone must go and let a good coach mould these players

We should all deliver a dozen donuts to Alberton. Make sure the media hear about it too

Yeah. The relevant record isn't the Bill Stephen one, it's 'most games coached at the same club without a Grand Final'. He's already well and truly broken that. By the time his contract expires, Ken will have been here three and a half years longer than the second longest tenure.

Yeah, definitely. The interesting thing is that the second most coached games without a Granny is also a bit of an outlier in Brad Scott mainly with that bad Kangaroos outfit but after that the third worst coach is 7 or 8 seasons back. That for me is the baseline at best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon there needs to be a "legacy" section on his Wiki

-Lack of success in finals
-flat track record
-most games without GF

if anyone has some critical and factual dot points, I might start to draft up a couple of paragraphs

Will need to expand the hissy fit post-2017 EF and the subsequent extension there as well

I figure it's not character assassination if it's factual

Essendon 1976-77 - coach

Is he still available?

I dont quite know how to react to this post. Its sad that Bill has passed but its funny af that he would probably still get a game for Port
We've already got a corpse on the bench on game day: masquerading as our senior coach.

The Round 11 match on May 25th, 2024 against the corpse that is North Melbourne is going to be a big one for Port Adelaide.

In particular for head coach Ken Hinkley as he achieves a record never before seen in VFL/AFL history.

That's right, in his his 259th game as coach, he officially overtakes Bill Stephen as the coach with the most games without of Grand Final appearance.

Congratulations to Ken, Koch and all the board.
But it's all about the " numbers"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back