Multiplat Red Dead Redemption 2 - Launch Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Game pass on the box is seriously great value. Games less than 6 months old are featured for $10 bucks a month.
It's great for trying out stuff you might otherwise miss or be shitty you spent $50 on.

So I was late to the party on this one and just finished the single player last night. What a game. Really is a masterpiece.

It had been almost 10 years since I played the first and I avoided walkthroughs and articles etc about RDR2 while I was playing it. So it was only towards the end that I realised that it was the prequel to the first RDR and what was happening... Mind blown.

The shirt Abigail gives John is the shirt he wears in RDR1, where John and Abigail are talking after the credits finish in RDR2 are where they are buried at the end of RDR1, the boy who likes to read about dragons and wants to be a lawyer is the gunslinger who takes out his dad's killer.

They resolved the story a lot better than Game of Thrones or the Star Wars movies to be honest.

Where's the BLOODY SPOILER ******* ALERT!!!

Like you I've just finished RDR2, didn't play RDR back in the day so have been playing it now to continue the story as besides knowing John's chasing Dutch and crew I know (or knew) nothing else. Thanks for ruining the party.

Not sure if serious. The game is 10 years old...

Yup serious. Knew nothing about the story. Only reason I'm playing now is to continue the RDR2 story which I really fell for. Hate it when you read some inconsequential thread and some big plot line is revealed!

Yup serious. Knew nothing about the story. Only reason I'm playing now is to continue the RDR2 story which I really fell for. Hate it when you read some inconsequential thread and some big plot line is revealed!

Maybe don't read the thread about the game series.

Where's the BLOODY SPOILER ******* ALERT!!!

Like you I've just finished RDR2, didn't play RDR back in the day so have been playing it now to continue the story as besides knowing John's chasing Dutch and crew I know (or knew) nothing else. Thanks for ruining the party.

I'm genuinely sorry mate.

The original RDR is pretty old so I was more worried in my original post about possible spoilers for RDR2 than for RDR. Didn't occur to me :(

Edit: too late for you I know but I've edited my original post now just in case.

Last edited:
I'm genuinely sorry mate.

The original RDR is pretty old so I was more worried in my original post about possible spoilers for RDR2 than for RDR. Didn't occur to me :(

Edit: too late for you I know but I've edited my original post now just in case.

Ah well it sucks a bit but as said above the game is 10 years old so fair enough I guess.
Cheers though - RDR2 was one hell of a game! I'm sad to be finished.

Finally got around to getting this on my PC after 300 odd hours on my Xbox, the rockstar launcher is just a bloody mess. Crashes on me when I'm trying to boot up the game and just runs like a piece of crap, game however looks amazing. Runs smooth as butter, i feel another 300 hours coming up, already 40 down and still ******* around in Rhodes

Best single players game of all time?

Maybe not but definitely the best of the current generation and worthy of discussion as best of all time.
Never playing rdr1 and so I entered #2 completely fresh, I rushed the first play though in 3rd person engrossed by the story I had to see the conclusion to asap.
I must admit, even though I saw it coming Arthers death after chapter 6 really sucked, I was looking at the map expecting the main story to continue into the west, (Blackwater ect) obviously this area was part of rdr1 and mostly part of the online experience, none the less I felt short changed not experiencing the "wild west" I imagined Rdr2 was about.

After finishing my first rdr2 play through I downloaded #1 to fill in the gaps, I'm sure rdr1 was amazing in it's time but in 2020 it's sluggish and clunky, anyway I completed it in 2 days and decided I wanted to play rdr2 again but in first person and this is when I experienced one of the best few weeks in gaming I've ever had the privilege to experience.

RDR2 in first person is simply amazing, you can see the expressions on everyone's face, it's incredible.
At first you feel you need to play fast, GTA style, it's when you slow down that the word opens up to you.
It was stunning on Xbox, couldn't imagine it in 4k on top spec PC.

9/10
-1 online is s**t.

Online is broken all to s**t now, it's been good the past couple of weeks, but I logged in today and Jesus Christ, two crashes, two times the home screen froze on me, there are no animals spawning, there are ghost wagons galloping along and my horse disappeared when I fast travelled to my moonshine shack never to be seen again. Oh, and my moonshine shack disappeared too.

Hopefully they fix it before the outlaw pass expires.

Online is broken all to sh*t now, it's been good the past couple of weeks, but I logged in today and Jesus Christ, two crashes, two times the home screen froze on me, there are no animals spawning, there are ghost wagons galloping along and my horse disappeared when I fast travelled to my moonshine shack never to be seen again. Oh, and my moonshine shack disappeared too.

Hopefully they fix it before the outlaw pass expires.

Yeah Ive given up on online, last time I played a couple weeks ago it's crashed a couple of times & wouldn't load a couple more, plenty of other good games out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wish no one played it.
It's a bit of a dilemma for me, personally I don't play it but I often think stuff like

'why don't people play older games more, they are better than the sequels and modern ones some times and I don't like empty lobbies (example, Bad Company 2) all the time, why is what's new more important than what is good?'

Also

'why do people still play GTA V online they should move on its like three generations of console ago ffs'

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I had GTA IV and RDR2 spoiled. I don't think it changed the experience much.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Someone who eventually stopped posting not longer after they let slip with a very significant plot point of RDR2. Completely took the air out of the ending.

Someone who eventually stopped posting not longer after they let slip with a very significant plot point of RDR2. Completely took the air out of the ending.

Eh, being a prequel there was some expectation it would happen one way or another.

Hearing Roman dies though, that knocked me around for a while before I picked GTA IV up again. I even took the *er bowling.

We really need a 60fps ps5 version of this. I’d much rather them remaster this instead of gta5 for the 10th time.

But we probably won’t see it for 5 years.

Fans are upset at rocktsar they seem only to care about GTA and RDR2 online now

Would love single player dlc for RDR2 i really enjoyed Undead Nightmare for RDR

Remove this Banner Ad

Back