Toast Regional Roos Thread - Down on the farm Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone use chicory in their pastures?

Last edited:

Just be careful checking your tyres fellow Roos especially if you live in a bush habitat View attachment 1588081
Friendly little tacker
I went to a dam on our place last week to put some yabby nets in
This dam is fenced off from the stock & I have planted native trees around it & the grass is long so I had trampled down a track to the water
When I went back later to check the nets there was a fat tiger snake sunning itself on my track
It kindly slithered off so I could get past to collect the yabbies

Friendly little tacker
I went to a dam on our place last week to put some yabby nets in
This dam is fenced off from the stock & I have planted native trees around it & the grass is long so I had trampled down a track to the water
When I went back later to check the nets there was a fat tiger snake sunning itself on my track
It kindly slithered off so I could get past to collect the yabbies
i just slashed a heap of agapanthas in the road reserve to reduce the appeal to tigers after seeing one there last season and losing a calf to one.

i just slashed a heap of agapanthas in the road reserve to reduce the appeal to tigers after seeing one there last season and losing a calf to one.
Yeah tigers can get a bit stroppy to
We also have copper heads down the paddock but I have always found them pretty placid
We have Guinea fowls around the house and they tend to keep the snakes away

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Put four of these in, each good for 800 square mtrs.
We have those , nets ,electric shutters and still one decided to go passed one although I am not sure it was working so we added some more in snake alley as we call it. Let me just say you look down and move briskly when you go there lol a bit like this

Last edited:
Yeah tigers can get a bit stroppy to
We also have copper heads down the paddock but I have always found them pretty placid
We have Guinea fowls around the house and they tend to keep the snakes away
Those things are dinosaurs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back