Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I see Taberner a bit like Quinten Lynch. In good form he is competent but never going to be a top forward of the comp.
That's insulting to the big Q. 65 goals in 2006 wasn't it? Then 52 in 2007? Numbers that Tabs could only ever dream of

I see Taberner a bit like Quinten Lynch. In good form he is competent but never going to be a top forward of the comp.

Most goals in a season

Quinten Lynch 65 (2006)
Quinten Lynch 52 (2007)
Quinten Lynch 33 (2012)
Quinten Lynch 31 (2005)
Quinten Lynch 28 (2011)
Quinten Lynch 23 (2008)
Quinten Lynch (2009) / Matt Taberner (2016) 18

Taberner wishes he was as good as Lynch

Most goals in a season

Quinten Lynch 65 (2006)
Quinten Lynch 52 (2007)
Quinten Lynch 33 (2012)
Quinten Lynch 31 (2005)
Quinten Lynch 28 (2011)
Quinten Lynch 23 (2008)
Quinten Lynch (2009) / Matt Taberner (2016) 18

Taberner wishes he was as good as Lynch
Needs to start wearing a glove.

Hamling and Walters are A grade too IMO. But yeah they continue to accumulate the latter types. Is Switkowski and Giro still in their squad? More non descriptness

I think they’re on the up now they have a better bloke at the helm, they will need to turn over a lot of their list and draft instead of trade in hacks though
The issue is their age discrepancy IMO. There's a packet of 18-20 year olds with potential and then nothing until you get to Mundy, Fyfe, Walters who are all around that 30 area and not much in-between. It'll also be interesting to see them manage re-signings of the melbourne kids when they start demanding $ and offerings to go home.

Re-watching some games from the 06-11 period a few months ago Q Lynch was seriously underrated. Even when we were rubbish in 08-10 he changed his role and was pretty good playing wing-HHF- Pinch hitter in the ruck. Then when JK came of age and Darling was in the side he played perfectly along side them.

Re-watching some games from the 06-11 period a few months ago Q Lynch was seriously underrated. Even when we were rubbish in 08-10 he changed his role and was pretty good playing wing-HHF- Pinch hitter in the ruck. Then when JK came of age and Darling was in the side he played perfectly along side them.

Through 05-06 we also had the midfield averaging about 4 goals a game between them (Cuz and Juddy were averaging a goal a game each!) It would definitely change the amount of shots we would be expecting our KPF to get.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see Fremantle are going to play once in a lifetime next true superstar of the comp absolute genuine bonafide gun forward Jesse Hogan as a defender now.

Wowee.

Step 1, trade for key forward giving up a massive amount in the deal
Step 2, forward fails to deliver
Step 3, move him to defense

Worked for Croad and Tarrant. Step 4 for them was trade them back to their original club at a loss...

I see Fremantle are going to play once in a lifetime next true superstar of the comp absolute genuine bonafide gun forward Jesse Hogan as a defender now.

Wowee.

Well obviously. No chance he was moving Taberner out of the forward line - he just hit a career-high 18 goals in a season :fire::fire::fire:

Well obviously. No chance he was moving Taberner out of the forward line - he just hit a career-high 18 goals in a season :fire::fire::fire:

Six more from the full forward position and he matches rookie year Tim Kelly!

The most unflattering game of footy I’ve watched since freo’s last slog in the rain. The footy was played between the arcs due to constant, CONSTANT turnovers from both sides. Looked like a serious 15th vs 16th game.

I’d be giving fredericks a rest too. Kid can’t buy an effective disposal.

A very insipid hawks who freo kicked 7 goals against

2 bottom 4 clubs

Wowee.
Fremantle failures doing what they know best.

Recruit a gun key forward, wear all their confidence down then as a last ditch effort throw them down back.

I expect to see hogan traded back to the dees as a gun CHB in 3 years time.

They will still be searching for that KEY FORWARD in 3 years time too.

A very insipid hawks who freo kicked 7 goals against

2 bottom 4 clubs
Reading the media today going nuts for freo's performance last night... I can't believe it. If their members are getting excited over last nights performance then I must've been watching a different game. It was absolute garbage. Fredericks fumbled every time he got near it, taberner dropped sitters, Ryan turned it over kicking across goals, countless OOTF's. Hawks were no better either. None of their superstars stood up.

The only shining light for freo was Serong.

Brayshaw had his usual 28 disposals, 0 meters gained, 1 tackle game.

Reading the media today going nuts for freo's performance last night... I can't believe it. If their members are getting excited over last nights performance then I must've been watching a different game. It was absolute garbage. Fredericks fumbled every time he got near it, taberner dropped sitters, Ryan turned it over kicking across goals, countless OOTF's. Hawks were no better either. None of their superstars stood up.

The only shining light for freo was Serong.

Brayshaw had his usual 28 disposals, 0 meters gained, 1 tackle game.
33 disposals, 238 metres gained. That’s 7 m per disposal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back