Oppo Camp Regular Non Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie is not capable of apologising. Trump like in his arrogance.

Hertier was bang on.

“As usual, CFC have tried to spin this to avoid associating Eddie’s departure with the findings of the review, by making no mention of it publicly,” he said.

“No doubt their intention is to bury the report in 'new initiatives' around ‘equality’ as mentioned by McGuire in his speech.”

Regarding Collingwood Eddie and the Racism report, he has done his intended role perfectly.
Superficially he has admitted the problem and that it needs to be addressed. However his actions in taking the full brunt of media attention have ensured no one is actually talking about the racism, but instead about him and his role as president.
Deflector shields at maximum Captain!

View attachment 1049111

this is a disappointing if true

I'm not sure exactly what she was implying, but Sharrod was on 92.9 this morning praising the opportunity to work with Phil Narkle and how WC were so far ahead of Collingwood in even having someone like Narkle appointed to a key position of indigenous liaison (?) and that now the Pies have done similar which is quite pleasing for the young indigenous boys on their list.

Can't say i ever thought Sharrods mum was correct.

From a supporter perspective i'd wager our indigenous programs/history/culture/views and outreach are some of the best in the AFL.

They absolutely are.

Unfortunately across all parts of society there are people who like to shift blame. There are also people who tend to ignore or downplay the 100 times they receive help, gifts etc & instead focus on the one time they feel wronged & I stress the word 'feel'. Combine the 2 & you generally have a cynical person who struggles to see good in actions by others.

Its not a cultural thing or even a disadvantaged thing - its a mindset borne out of entitlement & bitterness.

And worse in this case is it sends focus back on an ex-player who I know has no reason to grind an axe & whom the club has treated well, treated professionally & who has admiration for said player.

Social media is a dangerous tool in the hands of people who quite simply should not be using it - like Trump.

While I don't know the inner workings of the club, as an obsessed fan, you see guys like David Wirrpanda come over as a 16 year old in the 1990s from Victoria, and he's thrived. Obviously there needs to be the inner drive to succeed within the player, but the club's structures appear to have been first class for a very long time.

This popped up in my Twitter feed courtesy of a psycho Leeds fan but I wish the sentiment expressed here was shared by more sports administrators especially those in AFL house

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL live pass is now dead, it's Kayo only

Vale live pass. Oh the memories.
Who said 5 inches couldn't be fun?
Games on the small screen.

Free live pass for Telstra customers was sweet. Even paid the $89.95 before it was free.
Kayo it is. :'(
Telstra will somehow tweak their deal to restrict screen size for AFL games.

Absolute trash.

At $5 a month, they've just milked $60 off me in 2021 for something which was free yesterday. It's legit the only reason why i've got a plan with those flogs at Telstra.

I wouldn't piss on the AFL organization if it was on fire and had Covid.

Absolute trash.

At $5 a month, they've just milked $60 off me in 2021 for something which was free yesterday. It's legit the only reason why i've got a plan with those flogs at Telstra.

I wouldn't piss on the AFL organization if it was on fire and had Covid.

If you are mad now, just wait until it goes up to $25 a month in 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back