Discussion Remaining Fixture

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
This thread is like a rollercoaster ride

We are no chance to make finals, we won't win another game, we'll beat Giants, we'll make finals, we'll miss out on finals by percentage....

giphy (42).gif

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras

We are no chance to make finals, we won't win another game, we'll beat Giants, we'll make finals, we'll miss out on finals by percentage....

View attachment 956706

Depends on your mood when you wake up - beautiful morning - just about to head out to the beach for a morning surf (sorry guys!!!) and I head off to Mr Squiggle and come up with this

1599601393802.png

View attachment 956706

That's what the last few weeks have been like.

Imo we still need to win another game. Let’s face it none of us had the last few results right so I have no idea why we think we will get them right from now on.
Ladder predictor ;)

May 12, 2006
Lal Lal
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Elsternwick AFC
Whats the very best we can achieve? If we win both matches and say tigers are beaten by Port, we beat eagles and gws by decent amounts? We cant do better than 5th is that right?

For St Kilda to finish 4th, it requires Adelaide and Geelong beating Richmond and St Kilda beating West Coast and GWS. But only that.

prophetic1

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2013
b
AFL Club
St Kilda
For St Kilda to finish 4th, it requires Adelaide and Geelong beating Richmond and St Kilda beating West Coast and GWS. But only that.
THANKS ...I Don't know why I wrote Port....sorry but yeah ...well unfortunately Adelaide unlikely to do that...im sure Geelong has a great chance and of course we will beat our two opponents.

Whats the very best we can achieve? If we win both matches and say tigers are beaten by Port, we beat eagles and gws by decent amounts? We cant do better than 5th is that right?
Man , your asking the wrong person , You need to ask one of the predictors , i find it hard enough to get my 9 leg multi up

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
It could be like 2008 all over again, where we Bradbury'd our way into 4th spot then got toweled up by Geelong in our Qualifying Final.

Unlikely that happens, we could win our remaining 2 games but I doubt Richmond will lose to Adelaide, stranger things have happened though.

Ducky Tie

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
It could be like 2008 all over again, where we Bradbury'd our way into 4th spot then got toweled up by Geelong in our Qualifying Final.

Unlikely that happens, we could win our remaining 2 games but I doubt Richmond will lose to Adelaide, stranger things have happened though.
The round 22 game was a good day that year. I remember it popping up on the big screen at the ground with the live ladder as we kept piling on the goals and snuck into fourth.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
The round 22 game was a good day that year. I remember it popping up on the big screen at the ground with the live ladder as we kept piling on the goals and snuck into fourth.

Yeah it was nice for Essendon to roll over for us that day so we could snatch 4th, unfortunately we were out of our depth against Geelong and Hawthorn but at least we beat Collingwood in our semi final.

This one is mathematically possible.
Goldcoast beat Brisbane.
Saints beat West Coast.
Geelong beat Richmond.
Swans beat the Lions
Saints smash GWS.
Adelaide beat Richmond.
Carlton beat the lions.

Saints 3rd Position.
First final , we play Geelong, they smack us again.
Second final , we play Richmond who finished 6th. We get over them.
3rd Final, we beat Port who Beat the Eagles playing away.
Meanwhile , Lions, fired up at the thought of a home Grand Final, go all out against the Cats. It goes down in history as one of the most gruelling finals ever.
GF: The Lions are flatter than the Saints at a grand final replay. They come up against a team with 6 decades of pent up ,....something.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC

Let’s make finals first.

This one is mathematically possible.
Goldcoast beat Brisbane.
Saints beat West Coast.
Geelong beat Richmond.
Swans beat the Lions
Saints smash GWS.
Adelaide beat Richmond.
Carlton beat the lions.

Saints 3rd Position.
First final , we play Geelong, they smack us again.
Second final , we play Richmond who finished 6th. We get over them.
3rd Final, we beat Port who Beat the Eagles playing away.
Meanwhile , Lions, fired up at the thought of a home Grand Final, go all out against the Cats. It goes down in history as one of the most gruelling finals ever.
GF: The Lions are flatter than the Saints at a grand final replay. They come up against a team with 6 decades of pent up ,....something.
Works for me 👍🏻

1KOeHcQ.jpg

Some statistical analysis here for those so inclined

Depends on your mood when you wake up - beautiful morning - just about to head out to the beach for a morning surf (sorry guys!!!) and I head off to Mr Squiggle and come up with this

View attachment 956708

Come on, can't we win by just a tad more to get into 5th?

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
I’ve done my ladder predictor and I’ve worked out no one has a clue. A week ago we weren’t making the finals now some are talking top 4. In the meantime we fell against the hawks. You know what changed. Yep other results did not go as many thought. Who would have guessed.

Sep 17, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester City, AIK, Raiders
Speaking of Roughie, I don't think we can overestimate the boost our fwds will get when he gets back into the club environment next week. Just in time for our last H&A game
I agree mate.

It appeared early on he was the “coach” from down on the bench. It will allow Ratts to get back into the box.

Think it could have a positive effect on the group for sure with him back. Need blokes like him with experience to help out this young group.

Back