Discussion Remaining Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve done my ladder predictor and I’ve worked out no one has a clue. A week ago we weren’t making the finals now some are talking top 4. In the meantime we fell against the hawks. You know what changed. Yep other results did not go as many thought. Who would have guessed.
You must be Nostradamus. Nobody would've predicted anybody get any tip wrong.

Some did. They announced we couldn’t make finals even though they suggested we would beat the hawks.
Yeah and it was an opinion like the millions that tip every week. No need to tell them they were wrong, that's the nature of tipping. Easy to say they were wrong, chances are in your favour to begin with.

Who cares, we dont deserve finals
really don't care if we dont make

It's not that bad. We let an opportunity slip but we are still very much in with a chance.

If the Bulldogs lose to Hawthorn on Saturday, we make it.

Giants are in terrible form and we should account for them. If so, we're in.

From what I've seen the last month it's clear there's lots to play out. We weren't great tonight but we're still in it.

It's not that bad. We let an opportunity slip but we are still very much in with a chance.

If the Bulldogs lose to Hawthorn on Saturday, we make it.

Giants are in terrible form and we should account for them. If so, we're in.

From what I've seen the last month it's clear there's lots to play out. We weren't great tonight but we're still in it.
No it is that Bad George
If those players gave a ---- they would have won
That was WC 2nds side with their best backman off most the game
Just typical of a club that doesn't stand for nothing

No it is that Bad George
If those players gave a ---- they would have won
That was WC 2nds side with their best backman off most the game
Just typical of a club that doesn't stand for nothing
I'm sure if we make it that'll all be forgotten.

I'm sure if we make it that'll all be forgotten.
No better than Bombers or Dees
Hope we dont make it FFS that was putrid tonight

No better than Bombers or Dees
Hope we dont make it FFS that was putrid tonight
Yes but still sit 6th and could be in for sure by Saturday night.

It was horrible to watch but I had my melt last week, I'm looking at it in a different light now.

Yes but still sit 6th and could be in for sure by Saturday night.

It was horrible to watch but I had my melt last week, I'm looking at it in a different light now.
Will go nowhere with players as soft as Ross & Hill

Sorry George cant believe how weak our club was tonight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will go nowhere with players as soft as Ross & Hill

Sorry George cant believe how weak our club was tonight
I'm over caring that much anymore, we still should make it.

I think we win next week but there's a lot to play out and at least one upset somewhere along the way in any case

Keeping it simple.

If Dogs lose one game, we're in.
OR
If Giants lose one game, we're in.
OR
If we win next week, we're in.

Collingwood are in there too but would need to lose both for us to displace them (if we lose next week)

Keeping it simple.

OR
OR

Collingwood are in there too but would need to lose both for us to displace them (if we lose next week)

Be good to make it and give the players the experience but let's face it, we are some way off the pace of the top 5 teams. We'll be making up numbers. I hope making the 8 would not be seen by the club as a successful year. We will go into summer with question marks over Ross, Lonie, Kent, Hind, Geary, Dunstan, Kent, Phillips.

Last edited:
Be good to make it and give the players the experience but let's face it, we are some way off the pace of the top 5 teams. We'll be making up numbers. I hope making the 8 would nit be seen by the club as a successful year. We will go into summer with question marks over Ross, Lonie, Kent, Hind, Geary, Dunstan, Kent, Phillips.
Don't really mind if we stumble in or make up numbers the experience is invaluable. I wrote us off two weeks ago then every result went our way so we're still in a position where teams around us need to be perfect to go above us. We don't need much to clinch a finals berth.

I've done the predictor and the most important thing we need is the Dogs to lose another game. If they lose on Sunday we are in regardless of any other results win or loss.

Last edited:
Keeping it simple.

OR
OR

We don't get in by the Giants losing one game - they can lose to Melbourne but we still miss out

We don't get in by the Giants losing one game - they can lose to Melbourne but we still miss out
Think either of them wont catch us on percentage if Giants lose to Melbourne.

The way I see it (could be wrong but I think it's right):

If pies win one they are in
If bulldogs win both they are in

That then leaves 1 spot for us Giants and Dees.

We are a game clear of gws. If melb win they and giants will be a game behind us. If giants win they are level and we have to win next week.

If giants lose this week but then they and the dees both win round 18 then all 3 end up on 9 wins. Comes down to.%age and currently we have 10% on the giants and 5% on the dees. We are +110 points for the year, giants +11 and dees +53. Clear as mud?

Lose next week and the fingernails get a real workout watching the dees vs methendon.

Having said all that - there will be at least one more upset to come which will throw a spanner in the works. If, for example, the dogs lose one that will be 4 teams on 9 wins vying for 2 spots 🥵🥵🥵

Be good to make it and give the players the experience but let's face it, we are some way off the pace of the top 5 teams. We'll be making up numbers. I hope making the 8 would not be seen by the club as a successful year. We will go into summer with question marks over Ross, Lonie, Kent, Hind, Geary, Dunstan, Kent, Phillips.

Making the 8 not being seen as a successful year?
You’re kidding, right?
Believe me, if we make finals after 9 years in the wilderness it will be an unbelievably successful year - even if we get booted out first week.

Some way off the top 5?
Well duh! We’re coming from 14th and a percentage in the 80s. (Saying that, we did beat Port and the Tigers and have a very close loss against the Lions.)

We’ll be making up the numbers?
Well, of course we will be - did you expect to jump straight into top 4? You have to start somewhere.

As for the players - well there’s always work to do on a list, but we’re a work in progress and no doubt that will continue this off season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back