Remove Sam Newman from the Hall of Fame petition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove Sam Newman from the Hall of Fame
You get removed from the AFL Hall of Fame for committing heinous crimes. e.g. Barry Cable sexually molesting a young girl for 5 years
You don't get from removed the Hall of Fame for having contrarian views and spouting inflammatory opinions.

I saw that you accused Newman of racism after he ranted against the AFL's "woke agenda" and said the "Welcome to Country" ceremonies were a load of shite. I didn't think it was racist. Ignorant maybe... But not racist.

We live in a free country and everyone is entitled to their opinions. You don't have to like anything Newman says, nor agree with him. You can start threads about him and call him a racist. That's the beauty of living here. Everyone gets to have an opinion.

Last edited:
You get removed from the AFL Hall of Fame for committing heinous crimes. e.g. Barry Cable sexually molesting a young girl for 5 years
You don't get removed the Hall of Fame for having contrarian views and spouting inflammatory opinions.

I saw that you accused him of racism after he ranted against the AFL's "woke agenda" and said the "Welcome to Country" ceremonies were a load of shite. I didn't think it was racist. Ignorant maybe... But not racist.

We live in a free country and everyone is entitled to their opinions. You don't have to like anything Newman says, nor agree with him. You can start threads about him and call him a racist. That's the beauty of living here. Everyone gets to have an opinion.
You can get kicked out for continous base racism as well.

You might have missed all of Newman's quotes throughout thr years, there's some real rank stuff there.

Sam Newman’s Footy Show blackface stunt was in 1999. He’s had a platform ever since. How sad for the rest of us.

Not sure Sam would even care.

As a narcissist and suffering relevance deprivation disorder he would enjoy the attention. However, privately he wouldn't be happy to be removed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Newman is the topic please stay on topic
I thought it was a very valid comparison. It's a pretty sad state of affairs that people are so triggered by other's opinions, that they feel the need to make change petitions to have them cancelled. Sam lives in a lot of people's heads rent free it seems.

I thought it was a very valid comparison. It's a pretty sad state of affairs that people are so triggered by other's opinions, that they feel the need to make change petitions to have them cancelled. Sam lives in a lot of people's heads rent free it seems.
So you support all the racist statements he's made do you?

No idea how someone could be offended by the welcome to country ceromy. It's so inclusive and 'feel good vibes'. It's literally a welcome. Dare I say the people offended by it are a bit (prepare for modern political buzzword) snowflakey.

In saying that, no idea why people want to make Sam Newman's comments a national crusade. Just ignore him.

For those he say but he has a platform, sure, but also who cares. His views are a lot more publicity because of the reaction he gets.

Jesus ! If you dug a little deeper you could put up few more names before Newman’s .

Exactly. First cab off the rank is Gary Snr for letting a teenage girl die of an overdose of hammer in his company of usage in a city hotel room.

Makes Newman’s actions of cringe look mild as f …

Remove this Banner Ad

Back