Remove Sam Newman from the Hall of Fame petition.

Remove this Banner Ad

How did he backtrack exactly?
As for the why... it's because everyone cheered and applauded WTC.

Who the hell wants to start their prelim with a big round of boos??

The guy is absolutely off his rocker.

28a6j7.jpg
Good pic of Sam

I think he actually figured he'd gone a bit far, I'm not sure if it was because of the Welcome to Country reaction, either way I'm glad no one booed it.

He realised he went too far? This was Sam earlier this year:

In the shocking segment, Newman unloaded on what he said was a plan to teach Indigenous history in schools and insisted: 'Their history is irrelevant. What history?
'They hunt and they kill things and they eat them? I'm being serious - what is the history to teach? That wouldn't take a hell of a lot of time to teach.'

The outburst was triggered after he recited a primary school's proposed daily acknowledgement of country he said would be read out to 'kids of three and four'.

He said the plan was 'brainwashing' and branded it 'abhorrent' and 'absolutely cringeworthy' which was 'grovelling self-gratification of people who are pandering.'

'Welcome to country - what country?' he said. 'Our country? It just goes on and on.

'You give them an inch and it just keeps going and going...

'I hope they teach the history of Australia from 1770 when Cook or whoever came here.

'I don't think there's a hell of a lot of Indigenous history to learn... They don’t have a history.'

Does that sound like someone who would reconsider their position?

He realised he went too far? This was Sam earlier this year:

In the shocking segment, Newman unloaded on what he said was a plan to teach Indigenous history in schools and insisted: 'Their history is irrelevant. What history?
'They hunt and they kill things and they eat them? I'm being serious - what is the history to teach? That wouldn't take a hell of a lot of time to teach.'

The outburst was triggered after he recited a primary school's proposed daily acknowledgement of country he said would be read out to 'kids of three and four'.

He said the plan was 'brainwashing' and branded it 'abhorrent' and 'absolutely cringeworthy' which was 'grovelling self-gratification of people who are pandering.'

'Welcome to country - what country?' he said. 'Our country? It just goes on and on.

'You give them an inch and it just keeps going and going...

'I hope they teach the history of Australia from 1770 when Cook or whoever came here.

'I don't think there's a hell of a lot of Indigenous history to learn... They don’t have a history.'

Does that sound like someone who would reconsider their position?

He did have an indigenous bloke on his podcast last week who seemed to be a mate of his. He did seem to change his view a bit during the discussion, I'm sure you'll listen to it ha ha

To this day I wonder how Newman got into the Hall of Fame

Never won a Premiership
Only made one GF
Never won a Brownlow
Only made best on ground 11 times during his whole career.
Only one All Australian team
Both years he Captained the club they never made the finals
Participation ribbon for playing 300 games and having a big mouth.

He did have an indigenous bloke on his podcast last week who seemed to be a mate of his. He did seem to change his view a bit during the discussion, I'm sure you'll listen to it ha ha
What is it with aging roid users and speaking s**t on podcasts???!?!

This whole racism awareness s**t in my opinion only promotes "racism" as a true fact, if someone is offended by a racial slur is more or less confirming the racial slur is true and confirming that that race is inferior.

None would give a s**t if I said Africans have big dongs, but they care when I point out they have big noses.

Another example is if a White fan is hurling abuse to a white player like "nice tattoo you this and that" it's play on, if a white fan calls a dark featured player by their skin colour it's racist.

Oh and in this woke world, it's fine to completely s**t on white straight males.

Eeerrrr yeah it is. That is one of the most blatant cases of racism. Comparing the denigration of someone making a choice to get a tattoo to denigrating someone who was born with different skin colour?? In what world are the two comparable?

There is no excuse, none whatsoever, to abuse a player because of the colour of their skin.

This whole racism awareness s**t in my opinion only promotes "racism" as a true fact, if someone is offended by a racial slur is more or less confirming the racial slur is true and confirming that that race is inferior.

None would give a s**t if I said Africans have big dongs, but they care when I point out they have big noses.

Another example is if a White fan is hurling abuse to a white player like "nice tattoo you this and that" it's play on, if a white fan calls a dark featured player by their skin colour it's racist.

Oh and in this woke world, it's fine to completely s**t on white straight males.

Unless they are bikies. You can’t s**t on them. But go ahead and try it I may be wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listening to this weeks episode he described a function he went to last week where WTC was said and he says there was an “ audible, collective groan” from the audience.

Newman then took back the booing suggestion and suggested that people replaced it with the idea of “ groaning “ instead when they hear WTC.

Listening to this weeks episode he described a function he went to last week where WTC was said and he says there was an “ audible, collective groan” from the audience.

Newman then took back the booing suggestion and suggested that people replaced it with the idea of “ groaning “ instead when they hear WTC.
Encouraging anything against it is stupid but there is usually an audible sigh/groan when these go ahead in my experience.

We had a town hall today and the executive opening up just said 'her own' ATC which was about 9 words. It's been reduced to nothing but white noise by a severe overuse

I can imagine he felt quite at home in that sort of company.

Funny email today. AFL tugging their shirt collars under the stress...

Update 11/10/2023

Good afternoon all - just a very quick update to let you know that I have been contacted by the AFL - they want to discuss but have asked for this discussion to wait until after the referendum this weekend - I have agreed to this and look forward to speaking with them sometime next week and will provide a further update then.

Stay well - kind regards

Trevor

Encouraging anything against it is stupid but there is usually an audible sigh/groan when these go ahead in my experience.

We had a town hall today and the executive opening up just said 'her own' ATC which was about 9 words. It's been reduced to nothing but white noise by a severe overuse

I agree. But we’re not allowed to refer to that fact or else you get a public stoning and accused of being akin to the thinking similar of Joseph Goebbels.

It’s tricky…

Funny email today. AFL tugging their shirt collars under the stress...

Update 11/10/2023

Good afternoon all - just a very quick update to let you know that I have been contacted by the AFL - they want to discuss but have asked for this discussion to wait until after the referendum this weekend - I have agreed to this and look forward to speaking with them sometime next week and will provide a further update then.

Stay well - kind regards

Trevor

I wonder what happened with this.

Suspicious the petition starter has not been heard from since...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back