Remove Sam Newman from the Hall of Fame petition.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he'd be over the moon.

Sam Newman like Kennett thrives off negative attention.

Sam Newman has been well liked hence his long run on 3AW and the Footy show.

He's not a politician though, doesn't mince his words or sit on the fence. He will give his opinion even if it's not popular.

I can respect that.

Small minded individuals sweat the small things in life. It's one mans point of view.

Bring out the noose!

Sam Newman has been well liked hence his long run on 3AW and the Footy show.

He's not a politician though, doesn't mince his words or sit on the fence. He will give his opinion even if it's not popular.

I can respect that.

Small minded individuals sweat the small things in life. It's one mans point of view.

Bring out the noose!
He's a retrograde attention whore, who would throw anyone under the bus for a bit of publicity.

Last edited:
We live in the "everyone is offended at something" time period.
That's true.
It must end. Nuclear war is one solution.
No Way Reaction GIF

This whole racism awareness s**t in my opinion only promotes "racism" as a true fact, if someone is offended by a racial slur is more or less confirming the racial slur is true and confirming that that race is inferior.

None would give a s**t if I said Africans have big dongs, but they care when I point out they have big noses.

Another example is if a White fan is hurling abuse to a white player like "nice tattoo you this and that" it's play on, if a white fan calls a dark featured player by their skin colour it's racist.

Oh and in this woke world, it's fine to completely s**t on white straight males.

You sound scared to me. The idea that someone else has a longer tie to where you live. Why is that threatening
Now I sound scared? Right......that makes plenty of sense.

You've convinced yourself I'm too scared, now scared, fascinating.

Carry on mate, I don't need a third quote from you about hiding under my bed from all this magical fear

This whole racism awareness s**t in my opinion only promotes "racism" as a true fact, if someone is offended by a racial slur is more or less confirming the racial slur is true and confirming that that race is inferior.

None would give a s**t if I said Africans have big dongs, but they care when I point out they have big noses.

Another example is if a White fan is hurling abuse to a white player like "nice tattoo you this and that" it's play on, if a white fan calls a dark featured player by their skin colour it's racist.

Oh and in this woke world, it's fine to completely s**t on white straight males.
I feel dumber for reading that.

Does it make you feel guilty mate?
You mean should we feel guilty for what our ancestors did?

In a way you are catorizing by putting people in groups. A bit subtle racism there, but don’t fret most people do.

We are individuals and you may have a certain skin colour, come from a certain race, for me it makes no difference. We make friends, enemies or indifferent, but I don’t give a twat where you ancestors came from. I’m not going to judge you on that. And I don’t believe anyone needs to carry the weight of what their ancestors did. Look down on them sure, but it’s not your guilt. In 50 years our grand children may look down at us because of our treatment of animals. Legal today but morally wrong.

I’m half German/Swedish, do I bear the guilt of Hitler and the Viking pillages?

No, it ain’t me and I see no association that it’s part of me either.

I lived in Germany, Australia and Sweden. Do I see myself being national on any of those countries? No (despite what my passport says where I belong). Sure I learnt tradition and customs where I lived, but I also pick up new customs where I travel and friends I make. I take up what I like, and it changes from time to time.

We just need to learn from the world’s past mistakes and go forward…

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol… he was a good ordinary player. Following a bad injury he developed acute hearing for footsteps.
It was also a football career that ended while Mal Frasier was still PM. This is what it would have been like if rather than opting for a dignified retirement, Jack Dyer decided to have his say in the 1990s on everything a man born three quarters of a century ago doesn't understand about the contemporary world.

Maybe some people do not like to be welcomed to their own country. Maybe it feels like you are being treated like a guest or outsider in your own home. Maybe the basic ideal of living in a modern liberal democracy is we are all equal citizens and nobody should be seen as being part of a special tier above others based on ancestry.

It is possible to think the above AND also think Sam Newman is an idiot and booing the WTC is idiotic.

We should be working towards a principle where someone who has just received their Australian citizenship today is equally as Australian as someone who has 50,000 years of ancestry here.
Maybe it's just showing some respect to the traditional owners of the land, it's not that hard to just listen or zone out for a minute.

You respect history yeah? You appreciate the ways in which historical events shape the present? We use major events to commemorate and remember a range of different significant historical and cultural events and traditions. We have the national anthem, minute silences, the last post and so forth.

The fact that you have an issue with this highlights who you are as a person. You see something that is supposed to be a respectful, welcoming event as divisive. That's just wild to me. I do not understand.

That's a nice little melt. Well done.

You're the real victim.

There you got your validation.

Maybe it's just showing some respect to the traditional owners of the land, it's not that hard to just listen or zone out for a minute.

You respect history yeah? You appreciate the ways in which historical events shape the present? We use major events to commemorate and remember a range of different significant historical and cultural events and traditions. We have the national anthem, minute silences, the last post and so forth.

The fact that you have an issue with this highlights who you are as a person. You see something that is supposed to be a respectful, welcoming event as divisive. That's just wild to me. I do not understand.
If the WTC was changed to become a ceremony any Australian had a right to perform then I would be at peace with it as a national tradition. It is not respectful to treat another Australian like a guest in their own country. It is not welcoming to imply any Australian has a greater claim to our country than another Australian based on ancestry.

National anthems and minute silences and the last post are by everyone and for everyone. They do not create an ethnic tier system.

We can celebrate all of Australian history from the modern era to the colonial era to the ancient indigenous era without elevating any current Australians above others.

I hate it when a first fleet Australian acts like they are more Australian than a recently naturalised citizen. And I equally hate the implication in any ceremony that suggests an Australian with indigenous ancestry is more Australian than anyone else.

If the WTC was changed to become a ceremony any Australian had a right to perform then I would be at peace with it as a national tradition. It is not respectful to treat another Australian like a guest in their own country. It is not welcoming to imply any Australian has a greater claim to our country than another Australian based on ancestry.

National anthems and minute silences and the last post are by everyone and for everyone. They do not create an ethnic tier system.

We can celebrate all of Australian history from the modern era to the colonial era to the ancient indigenous era without elevating any current Australians above others.

I hate it when a first fleet Australian acts like they are more Australian than a recently naturalised citizen. And I equally hate the implication in any ceremony that suggests an Australian with indigenous ancestry is more Australian than anyone else.
Do you need a safe space? Certainly sounds like a giant tanty because it's not about you....

For me using at sporting events and work meetings etc. removes its real purpose, surely it would be better used to welcome overseas dignitaries and leaders to our nation, not sure why we need to be welcomed to where we already live before every work meeting and sporting event?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back