Respect to Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Fact-Great game to watch by two sides playing committed attacking football.
Fact-You have some seriously good players in your side and will win many games.
Fact-No team has a monopoly on idiot supporters and both of our teams have there fair share.
Fact-We still can't beat you
Fact-Next time we will!................................................................................... maybe.

That would be 13 wins... maybe not need that much i remember one year 10 and a half got you in the 8 (i think)
13 would be a cert 12 or less could get you in all depends.
12 will always get you in the 8. Logic says there would have to be 8 teams with 11 or less ergo you are in.

This year there might not be 8 teams with 11 or less, considering how big the gap between the bottom 6 (Adelaide, Richmond, Hawthorn, West Coast, North and Essendon) and the rest of the competition is. I still think we'll make it though, we've got a pretty good draw.

Dont really post here much but do read the forums regulary and just wanted to say congratulations on today and please dont take much notice of the whiny Bomber fans losing their marbles. Every supporter base has them!

Yes im devasted to have lost today when I really believe we should have won, but it takes a good team to come from behind like you did in todays cirumstances so full credit to the Power. Your efficiency with passing and goal kicking killed us, where Essendon just piss farts around too much with the ball. We clearly are short 2 classy midfielders and it showed today yet again. Anyone keen on a straight swap Boak for Lonergan?? Anyone?? Yea didnt think so haha

But once again congrats and best of luck for 2010. Oh and please do us, and the rest of the AFL a favour and absolutely smash the living hell outta the Blues next week. It would be greatly appreciated :)

Cogratulations - You were bit steadier in the dying moments.

You were better in two areas

1) Your delivery in the forward 50 was better

2) Our senior players made too many poor decisions.

PS; Do your realise that Power took 6 marks in the forward 50 in the last 15 minutes.

Fantastic game....some very poor decisions from ump's, having said that both sides played a quick cracking game.

I think Cameron Falloons fitness regime is kicking in to our players and it shows, against the Crows and now the Bombers.

Today I was worried that we would get run over by Essendon's quick ball movement...

Good luck for the rest of season.....

Fact-Great game to watch by two sides playing committed attacking football.
Fact-You have some seriously good players in your side and will win many games.
Fact-No team has a monopoly on idiot supporters and both of our teams have there fair share.
Fact-We still can't beat you
Fact-Next time we will!................................................................................... maybe.

Great post. Cheers:thumbsu:

Disagree. I think we have adapted well to the teams we have played, backed ourselves to beat the saints at their game, then changed our style to play Essendon. Very impressed.

I reckon you might be right powermacs. At least I hope you are. Playing the unaccountable football seen today (which is one key reason why it was aesthetically pleasing and high scoring) would result in horror losses in finals/grand finals.

What do you expect from certain sectors of the Essendon contingent when it starts from the top - in Sheedy's book he whinges about losing Wanganeen to Port over 9000 times, you know, that Port Adelaide Premiership prodigy they drafted with pick #11 or #12 in 1990, got six years of super service out of who went home, as an uncontracted player, in exchange for the picks that netted them 1996 AFL Draft picks #2 and #25.

But they even claim they got nothing for him on the official Essendon website ffs:

At the end of 1996, he returned to Adelaide to become the first captain of Port Power in its first season in the AFL. Essendon was unfortunate to lose such a good player and to receive no monetary or draft compensations for him.

essendon = joke of a club

No, quite the opposite. If you want to sledge show some guts, start your own thread and take the consequences. Don't wait until you are 4 pages into a thread which praises a worthy opponent and start insulting them. Yes some d*cks on their board apparently have a problem with sportsmanship. But we don't have to play that game. Those Essendon fans who posted here all posted appropriately (or the mods got them before I saw anything) so take it outside if you want to start the putdowns.

Good thread. The Dons deserve respect and we should afford it to them.

If Sheeds or Hardwick were coaching them, they would also respect us, but Knights is a Tiger at heart.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back