Retired old footy hack

Remove this Banner Ad

stevehawksman66

Draftee
Jan 26, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Grew up in country NSW, played junior footy in the Murray League for Coleambally, including rep footy, came to Melbourne but nascent career stymied by knee injuries and inability to put on enough muscle to mix it with the big boys! Played some VFA footy then ammos, finishing up with Gembrook in the Yarra Valley league. Hawks supporter, partly through training with their under 19’s for a year, partly coz I lived there for 12 years!

Good to have you mate. There's plenty around here to keep you entertained.

I don't quite have the CV that you do, or one at all, but I played with a Hawks affiliated team and got to spend a bit of time around Hawks players, so if I hadn't of been born a tiger I'd currently be a Hawk.

Grew up in country NSW, played junior footy in the Murray League for Coleambally, including rep footy, came to Melbourne but nascent career stymied by knee injuries and inability to put on enough muscle to mix it with the big boys! Played some VFA footy then ammos, finishing up with Gembrook in the Yarra Valley league. Hawks supporter, partly through training with their under 19’s for a year, partly coz I lived there for 12 years!
Enjoy, shame it's Hawthorn, I'll get over it. Good luck.

Quality portfolio! Welcome.

Good to have you mate. There's plenty around here to keep you entertained.

I don't quite have the CV that you do, or one at all, but I played with a Hawks affiliated team and got to spend a bit of time around Hawks players, so if I hadn't of been born a tiger I'd currently be a Hawk.

Hey AuntyBlindeye, What was the “Hawks affiliated team” You played with? I played with Camberwell in the VFA and they were Hawks affiliated, though not sure how officially. These days of course Box Hill are the official affiliate. At the time, Ray Biffin and John Hook at the Hawks basically told me to go play with Camberwell, and if I did well enough (big if) I might get back in at Hawthorn. There was some heavy cross over between the 2 clubs, George Stone was back and forth between them, as were some junior coaches. Several ex hawks reserves and under 19’s (Craig Aylen, Dom Stafferi) played at the Cobras also...I guess if nothing else it was geographically close. I left there when Sam Kekovich arrived after they lost every game in 1986 ...they recruited big time and I did not really trust Sam to be more than impressive words...and sure enough, with the massive talent they had which I saw in pre season, they should have smashed second division, but basically became a middling side even there...on the way to eventual demise.

Welcome to BigFooty,

Drop into the Hawks board and introduce yourself to the other Hawks supporters. Browse the local footy & non footy related boards as there are plenty of areas to discuss many topics alike

Remove this Banner Ad

Back