PS5 Returnal

Remove this Banner Ad

First controller throw tonight, 35 hours in isn’t too bad for me haha! I never feel like the game is cheating, but I sometimes feel unlucky when I die.

Beat biome 4 reasonably quickly but biome 5 giving me some trouble, I’m trying to use as many different weapons as possible but it sometimes means you end up in a room where the weapon doesn’t suit the situation.

The more I play this, the more I feel it isn’t as impossible as people make it out to be. The game is definitely challenging, but if you are patient and learn patterns etc. you can master it.

I read it’s sold about 500,000 units, if they did a free to play weekend I reckon sales would go through the roof.

Finally got the Plat. I wasn't speed running rooms for it, just playing normally through the areas and using different guns to unlock traits. Definitely makes it harder and adds some challenge when you get multiple tough mini bosses with a gun like the coil shredder or pistol.

At one stage I thought it had bugged out during the 2nd Biome as I couldn't find the last xeoglyth for about 20 hours worth of runs.

IMG_2081.jpg

I think I'm still addicted. Might play it tonight to unlock some more traits. Never wanted DLC for a game before but they better give me some.

Last edited:
Finally got the Plat. I wasn't speed running rooms for it, just playing normally through the areas and using different guns to unlock traits. Definitely makes it harder and adds some challenge when you get multiple tough mini bosses with a gun like the coil shredder or pistol.

At one stage I thought it had bugged out during the 2nd Biome as I couldn't find the last xeoglyth for about 20 hours worth of runs.

View attachment 1201591

I think I'm still addicted. Might play it tonight to unlock some more traits. Never wanted DLC for a game before but they better give me some.
I'm pushing for Plat too, and god I'm loving being back on this game.

It's a bit annoying that my Act I trophy bugged out though. Seems I have to delete saved data to get it, ie back it up then start afresh, which is kind of scary, having no perks unlocked again! Stupid, too, as you literally couldn't have the Act II trophy, for example, without having gotten Act I. Why it doesn't just unlock I have no idea. Oh well, a good challenge!

318 areas. I guess that's how many there are all up. I will have to check where I'm at. I have all data logs. What's the best way to know where you stand on Xenoglyphs?

It's a bit annoying that my Act I trophy bugged out though. Seems I have to delete saved data to get it, ie back it up then start afresh, which is kind of scary, having no perks unlocked again! Stupid, too, as you literally couldn't have the Act II trophy, for example, without having gotten Act I. Why it doesn't just unlock I have no idea. Oh well, a good challenge
Could you not upload the save to the cloud (or probably even better to usb) Delete it locally, start new and finish act 1 then bring your save back? Pita but probably better than starting the grind again.

Could you not upload the save to the cloud (or probably even better to usb) Delete it locally, start new and finish act 1 then bring your save back? Pita but probably better than starting the grind again.
Oh yeah, for sure. That's what I'll do. Definitely will restore it. Just a pain though really!

I'm pushing for Plat too, and god I'm loving being back on this game.

It's a bit annoying that my Act I trophy bugged out though. Seems I have to delete saved data to get it, ie back it up then start afresh, which is kind of scary, having no perks unlocked again! Stupid, too, as you literally couldn't have the Act II trophy, for example, without having gotten Act I. Why it doesn't just unlock I have no idea. Oh well, a good challenge!

318 areas. I guess that's how many there are all up. I will have to check where I'm at. I have all data logs. What's the best way to know where you stand on Xenoglyphs?
You can see how many xenoglyphs you have in your log I think. Highlights each Biome and the number. No way of knowing which ones your missing though.

I searched on reddit and someone had 325. Looks like a haven’t found a few yet with not much in them.

I’ve read playing offline is better as the rare rooms spawn more often without scouts having to be avenged changing the map. There was also something about offline and restarting fixing some bugs, might be worth trying before restarting.

Good Luck

Last edited:
Played a couple of runs today after having a break for some Avengers grinding.

Those bloody drones in the 5 biome can go and get busted, absolutely smoke me every time. That being said I made it as deep as ever have, just got caught with a bad weapon.

With Hades out Friday there’s a chance this goes on the back burner, could be my GOTY and I don’t even finish it haha!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Finally got a PS5 a couple of weeks ago and got to play this, been the thing I've most excited for since it's reveal given how much I love Housemarque through playing Resogun and Nex Machina so much. What a great game, just beat the final boss and now I'll work on getting true ending / platinum.

I think the biggest highlights are probably the Nemesis fight and the ascent to go fight Hyperion with the music getting louder and louder and then the awesome fight itself. Don't think i've actually been nervous like that during a final fight towards the end since Orphan of Kos from Bloodborne.

Traded in during the week, was going to be too hard to get back into with everything else out at the moment.

Didn’t finish it, but easily the best game I played this year. The only thing I reckon might give it a run is Deathloop.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A nice quality of life update that should have been in from the start but I wish they added more. New game plus would have been awesome so we can start using 4 trait weapons across all biomes. Just restart Biome 1 on 30 proficiency (scales to 60) and add a heap of HP to the enemies. It would be easy to do and add a bit of fun to the post game.

A nice quality of life update that should have been in from the start but I wish they added more. New game plus would have been awesome so we can start using 4 trait weapons across all biomes. Just restart Biome 1 on 30 proficiency (scales to 60) and add a heap of HP to the enemies. It would be easy to do and add a bit of fun to the post game.
Spot on

Was reluctant to buy this due to hearing how difficult it was but decided to jump on it during the black friday sales, best decision I've made this game is brilliant.
Absolutely struggled to get through the 3rd biome but then one run just clicked and I had a nearly unstoppable setup, defeated the boss first go.
Unfortunately it looks like my unstoppable build has been taken away from me now though :(

Free update end of the month, Returnal is adding 2 player co-op AND a whole new survival mode with new enemies, gun and a boss.

This is awesome content for people who wanted more Returnal.

How does this compare to Hades? Bloody loved Hades and sunk a lot of hours into it. Like these kinds of games - Binding of Isaac is another I loved.

How does this compare to Hades? Bloody loved Hades and sunk a lot of hours into it. Like these kinds of games - Binding of Isaac is another I loved.

If you liked Hades and Binding of Isaac I reckon you'll dig this. Very different in terms of how it plays but it's still a rogue like. It was actually Hades that made me appreciate the rogue like genre so I really enjoyed this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back