PS5 Returnal

Remove this Banner Ad

Eek what happened? I haven't been able to play for a few days so hopefully my game and save is ok.
It corrupted saves. A lot of angry people on reddit lost everything.

I haven't experienced it myself, but apparently while you're exploring places you can look up / around the area and he'll regularly appear somewhere looking down at you. I never knew astronauts could be scary lol

You need to watch more Sci-Fi movies.

As for the game, I've had about three proper run-throughs now and beat the first boss on the last run.
Really digging it so far.

You need to watch more Sci-Fi movies.

As for the game, I've had about three proper run-throughs now and beat the first boss on the last run.
Really digging it so far.
Forgiving the game breaking bugs, no saves and difficulty, it's really an awesome game that is truly next gen. The 3D sound is amazing and I only play it with headphones now just for the experience. There is a house scene where you watch a TV and I took off my headphones off as I thought they had stopped working and the sound was clearly coming from the TV in my living room.

Forgiving the game breaking bugs, no saves and difficulty, it's really an awesome game that is truly next gen. The 3D sound is amazing and I only play it with headphones now just for the experience. There is a house scene where you watch a TV and I took off my headphones off as I thought they had stopped working and the sound was clearly coming from the TV in my living room.
Are you saying the game swapped your audio output back to the TV? The first house scene was terrifying for me. Not looking forward to the rest.

Are you saying the game swapped your audio output back to the TV? The first house scene was terrifying for me. Not looking forward to the rest.
I think it's the third scene. You sit on a couch and watch TV at one stage and I thought the sound had switched but it was just the headphones/sound design moving everything to the front, like it was coming out of the TV in my TV. I was impressed and glad I didn't just wake up the kids.

Got greedy last night. Was having a real good run then died getting cocky :(

On another note, I highly recommend that everyone turns automatic sprint on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Advice from someone w/ 50 hours on the game already and 5 playthroughs:

- Never pick up malignant resin
- Go for malignant keys especially if you have / know the location of a malfunction consumable.
- Use keys only on doors not chests, doors open up more options for items. Don't waste on an RNG item/weapon spawn.
- Never use Ether for cleansing. It's a waste and not worth it.
- Going off above, always exchange your Ether for Obolites near the Fabricator shop. Obolite is the best currency and gives you access to way more options.
- Always pick up parasites that do things like increase malfunction fixes, increase fall damage, enemies leave acid etc. Those negative effects are easy to play around, and the benefits are always worth.
- Protection is the best stat in the game, always get it if you can.
- Hollowseeker / Spitmaw / Launcher are the best weapons for clearing areas but not good for boss fights (depends on traits)
- Pistol + Carbine are the most consistent weapons for all bosses, but some weapons still vary boss to boss. But they're clear cut the best.
- Try to remember where the secret rooms are where you drop down into, if you enter them with 5 Adrenaline you can bank a lot more obolites.

I'm shocking at picking up stuff I shouldn't.

Yep, this was my big problem early on. Not understanding all the items in the game. I wasted a lot of obolites and some malfunctions/parasites would literally ruin and make some runs unplayable. It makes a big difference if you can contain your inner OCD with picking up everything haha.

2 issues with the game tonight. Fell through the map once and now it's just frozen. Tried to quit the game and I'm stuck on a "closing this game or app" screen. Had to force shutdown the PS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back