Revival of the "What Music You Listening To?" Thread....

Remove this Banner Ad

Tool, easily ̶b̶e̶s̶t̶ my favourite band of the last 30 years.
No such thing as "best" when it comes to music. It's subjective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been getting into some New Zealand indie rock recently. I really like The Verlaines.

Do you like Fat Freddys Drop?
They're my fave NZ band, indie, do their own record label etc.
I've seen them as well live, when they get around.

For those that want to experience the greatest one in concerts* Bruce Springsteen is touring Australia and NZ in 2017.
For those unaware amongst Soringsteen devotees going to multiple concerts is like the thing to do.

* assuming you like his music to begin with.
Usually his concerts go for 3 1/2 hours plus. Each concert the play list can change by say 10 songs sometimes more. He literally takes song requests from signs etc (has a TelePrompTer these days so his whole backlog etc is easy enough; it's hard to noticed he uses it anyway, probably just glances here and there for old hardly sung songs).

Saintly Viewed, is there a collective noun for Springsteen fans? Bruces?

Grateful Dead fans are known as the 'Deadheads'.

I'm sure there are other names for different fan groups, especially fans at the extreme end of the spectrum, which I know applies to followers of The Boss.

Saintly Viewed, is there a collective noun for Springsteen fans? Bruces?

Grateful Dead fans are known as the 'Deadheads'.

I'm sure there are other names for different fan groups, especially fans at the extreme end of the spectrum, which I know applies to followers of The Boss.
Not really maybe something simple like "smart folk"
Bossaholics?

Just found this thread, thought I'd give it a whirl...
I'm a huge rock/metal fan, I like all shapes and forms of those genres, namely Acka Dacka, Veruca Salt, the Angels, Cold Chisel, Destroy She Said, Oasis, Iron Maiden, Midnight Oil, The White Stripes, Metallica and sometimes Marilyn Manson. I also enjoy much lighter stuff like Bob Dylan, the Beatles, the 'stones, the Doors and David Bowie, and I have a soft spot for acts like Beck, Eminem, Skrillex... You know what? Good music is good music regardless of genre, so therefore I like everything.
If it's good.
In my opinion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back