Training Richmond 2020 Preseason training

Remove this Banner Ad

This will upset the PC brigade but the men and women should have separate social media pages, websites, everything. I don’t like having something I have absolutely no interest in being rammed down my throat while I’m trying to follow something I love.

dosent bother me particularly but I can understand
As a club member I got an email this week asking to select some preferences as to what content I would like in terms of club emails and I appreciated that they did that

KiwiTiger has thankfully recovered from surgery and will be heading to the preseason camp on Sunday. I have faith that he'll keep us updated.... And have made sure I reminded him

is he gonna * with our team selections just to create match day melts again this year

This will upset the PC brigade but the men and women should have separate social media pages, websites, everything. I don’t like having something I have absolutely no interest in being rammed down my throat while I’m trying to follow something I love.

I just ignore it.

Firstly, I have always liked Eddie Betts - at his best he was an absolute gun and a freak from the boundary.

With his return to Bloos, reckon after Crows cut him but he openly stated that he was still wanting to play on, SOS would have felt massive pressure to 'bring Eddie home'.
Fans were all over the romance of Eddie returning - would have caused a riot outside Princess Park if they had been seen to reject him.

Will have a few ok games but ultimately his output will continue to decline and a youngster will watch on from the VFL.

Kind of funny actually... :)

SOS was against Eddie returning to Princess Park, was one of the reasons he got in a blew with the rest of the Football Committee there.

Teague wanted Eddie back not Silvagni.

I don't disagree necessarily, but I guess the thing is it's the RFC as a whole that those social media pages/websites represent, and the AFLW team is now a part of the RFC, whether we care for it or not. I'm also not too keen on AFLW myself, but it's part of the club now so I'll support the team too.

Then again, I guess the VFL team has a fairly separate/independent social media presence... maybe it'll move that way when the AFLW team gets a bit more of its own momentum?

Just the vibe I’m getting. Dan has moved into his own place, a few sad song insta stories, lots more posts of him with the young crew of players, Mia not really posting stuff with him in it... but what would I know, not like I’m a social media stalker or anything...
Ring Cornes on SEN & ask him, he's been watching our players on social media so he'd know.

Really? These girls are having go. And they should be able to play footy if they want. Ok so they can’t kick a drop punt or hit a target over 25 metears or take an overhead mark. But they’re having a go. And other than immediate family hardly anyone would pay to watch them and Keilor 3rds is more entertaining to watch - but they’re having a go. And if they didn’t piggyback of the real team‘s social media platforms or play double headers / curtain raisers to the men’s games they would get minimal audience at all.
but they are having a go!
personally I agree with you that they should have separate platforms but the aflw would not survive on its own. jeez they are even proping it up by playing a lead in match to the state or origin match.

Really? These girls are having go. And they should be able to play footy if they want. Ok so they can’t kick a drop punt or hit a target over 25 metears or take an overhead mark. But they’re having a go. And other than immediate family hardly anyone would pay to watch them and Keilor 3rds is more entertaining to watch - but they’re having a go. And if they didn’t piggyback of the real team‘s social media platforms or play double headers / curtain raisers to the men’s games they would get minimal audience at all.
personally I agree with you that they should have separate platforms but the aflw would not survive on its own. jeez they are even proping it up by playing a lead in match to the state or origin match.
but they're having a go .... :p :tonguewink: ;)

SOS was against Eddie returning to Princess Park, was one of the reasons he got in a blew with the rest of the Football Committee there.

Teague wanted Eddie back not Silvagni.

That's what I read at the time. Reckon that raised my opinion of SOS, and made me convinced the old Carlton is alive and well 😍 . Another decade of garbage waiting them. Cripps could be their Richo - great player in a crap team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what I read at the time. Reckon that raised my opinion of SOS, and made me convinced the old Carlton is alive and well 😍 . Another decade of garbage waiting them. Cripps could be their Richo - great player in a crap team.
think it was more to do with being incompatible with the ceo. having 3 sons on the list isn't ideal either.

not sure what he'll do for a dollar. doesn't communicate well enough for the media and reckon his recruiting days are behind him. anyhoo the missus would be on a good earner.

Hope you’re right gives me plenty of satisfaction not quite the same level as the 2018 GF result but close

think it was more to do with being incompatible with the ceo. having 3 sons on the list isn't ideal either.

not sure what he'll do for a dollar. doesn't communicate well enough for the media and reckon his recruiting days are behind him. anyhoo the missus would be on a good earner.

Didn't ever say I thought SOS was worth his while as list manager. Just that he didn't buy into the good heart warming story of Eddie's homecoming.

Betts will send Carlton even further back. But the key to me is that they did it. They've decided to walk away from building a list for 5 years from now, and focused on nice lovely fluffies for next season. That is a sign that they aren't serious about being serious. Quite honestly if they'd gotten Bulter and BEllis I would have taken that as a dangerous sign that Carlton was being a mature well run club and would become a threat sooner rather than later. Betts is a sign that they are still the immature rich kids that reckon dad's money in cardboard boxes will sort it all out. They are the Tom Browne of the AFL.

Didn't ever say I thought SOS was worth his while as list manager. Just that he didn't buy into the good heart warming story of Eddie's homecoming.

Betts will send Carlton even further back. But the key to me is that they did it. They've decided to walk away from building a list for 5 years from now, and focused on nice lovely fluffies for next season. That is a sign that they aren't serious about being serious. Quite honestly if they'd gotten Bulter and BEllis I would have taken that as a dangerous sign that Carlton was being a mature well run club and would become a threat sooner rather than later. Betts is a sign that they are still the immature rich kids that reckon dad's money in cardboard boxes will sort it all out. They are the Tom Browne of the AFL.

I have a feeling Carlton might do ok next year, 7-10 wins and finish a couple of spots outside the 8. However they’ll do this because Teague will play all their old guys (Kruezer, Murphy, Simpson, Curnow, Betts) for some short term gain.

But then once those guys retire, I expect they’ll fall back into a hole again for a few years (which I really hope is the case).

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I have a feeling Carlton might do ok next year, 7-10 wins and finish a couple of spots outside the 8. However they’ll do this because Teague will play all their old guys (Kruezer, Murphy, Simpson, Curnow, Betts) for some short term gain.

But then once those guys retire, I expect they’ll fall back into a hole again for a few years (which I really hope is the case).

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yep, that is exactly what I am saying. They are reliving their 'glory days'. Not building a new future. If the Betts pick up is anything to go by.

Not sure how well they will go. Plenty of talent. But it's very shallow. And they are not building that resiliency and leadership with who they are picking up. But then very strange things happen.

But I reckon they will be almost 1/2 decent for a year or two with their older players and then slide as that core disappears. Cripps can't carry the team over any extended period.

Sexist!

KT, do you know any exact times for Monday @ Fankhauser Res? Might wander down for a look.
Any beach sessions you can share?

Around 8.45am at Southport Sharks. As for the other sessions, yes I do but it’s confidential as even the players don’t know some of it. No beach sessions. Might be a hill run.

Haere Ra

Remove this Banner Ad

Back