VFL Richmond vs Casey (Melbourne's Reserves): Sunday 3rd of July at Punt Rd from 2:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

How many times did McBean have his opponents beaten on the lead in the last quarter and the delivery was absolutely s**t .Marcon not coming back on hurt us around the stoppages .Rioli didn't do enough but will come in .Callum Moore will make it at AFL level but as a 3rd defender only .
100%
McBean led into space all day only to have the kick to him long...short

Last edited:
As usual the vfl listed players in our vfl team break down every scoring chain with s**t disposal. Alot of promise from the boys today really.

Based on today's game, Castagna, McBean & A.Moore (reluctantly) and/or Townsend back in.

Rioli didn't do enough for mine and should play VFL again next week

If McBean does not get a game I think I'll send a very long winded email to the club and then request they cancel my memberships.
Needs to happen if this club is serious about looking at what we have in the VFL.
Mcbean comes in and make tv first ruck for Maric OUT , castagna in for lambert
To be honest, I think I am just about over the three talls in the forward line. If Hampson doesn't come back, then one of Vickery and Griffiths goes into the rock and the other and Maric go out. McBean and Castagna/Short fill the void in the forward line that Vickery and Griffiths leave.

Just a thought for me.

Rioli may not have got a lot of ball, but he was being played out of position as an inside midfielder. He did also manage to get 12 tackles.

I'd bring him in next week along with Castagna, McBean, Hampson and Drummond/Markov in place of Vickery, Maric, Hunt, Lambert and Broad
I wish

Castagna's pace and goal kicking today made him look like a genuine forward.. I'd have McBean at FF this week and Castagna in a pocket in the AFL this week

Rioli may not have got a lot of ball, but he was being played out of position as an inside midfielder. He did also manage to get 12 tackles.

I'd bring him in next week along with Castagna, McBean, Hampson and Drummond/Markov in place of Vickery, Maric, Hunt, Lambert and Broad
Those changes would be inspiring. I think the gulf between the AFL and VFL performance makes the amount of changes you stated understandeable. Our AFL team got belted by 9th-placed Port while our VFL side took it up to first-placed Casey only to fall short by 2 points.

I'd say:

IN: McBean, Castagna, Hampson, Drummond, Markov and Rioli

OUT: Vickery, Maric, Hunt, Lambert, Broad and Griffiths

Would show that the clubs has had enough. Tough call in regards to Griffiths for instance, but when you are trying to set a standard as a club you need to make tough decisions. 50 or so points regularly is not good enough.

Yeah, this side would probably get demolished by the Bulldogs, but it will hopefully increase standards in the long run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Listed Player Stats:
A.Moore 25 disposals (12 kicks 13 handballs) 4 marks 5 tackles 7 hitouts 1.0
Castagna 23 disposals (13 kicks 10 handballs 4 marks 4 tackles 3.0
McBean 20 disposals (12 kicks 8 handballs) 4 marks 3 hitouts 2.2
Drummond 19 disposals (12 kicks 7 handballs) 5 marks 1 tackle
Markov 18 disposals (12 kicks 6 handballs) 4 marks 6 tackles
Marcon 17 disposals (9 kicks 8 handballs) 2 marks 2 tackles
Lennon 15 disposals (9 kicks 6 handballs) 1 marks 5 tackles 3 hitouts
Townsend 14 disposals (9 kicks 5 handballs) 4 marks 3 tackles 0.1
Rioli 13 disposals (5 kicks 8 handballs) 1 mark 12 tackles
Chaplin 13 disposals (4 kicks 9 handballs) 5 marks 3 tackles