Preview Richmond vs Fremantle Round 8 at the G

Remove this Banner Ad

We can not drop this game against Richmond if we hope to play finals. Richmond are well below their peak of a few years back but if we expect to just show up and get the points we will be deluding ourselves.

Freo need to get a decent start, similar to last week, and look to play attacking football rather than the dour defensive game we often play.

Richmond will put up a decent fight so be ready to go Freo.

Freo to win a close one.

We can not drop this game against Richmond if we hope to play finals. Richmond are well below their peak of a few years back but if we expect to just show up and get the points we will be deluding ourselves.

Freo need to get a decent start, similar to last week, and look to play attacking football rather than the dour defensive game we often play.

Richmond will put up a decent fight so be ready to go Freo.

Freo to win a close one.
Aye, we've all learnt a harsh lesson from expectations in the Derby, or just prior. Can't feel over-confidence. Approach the game like last weekend against the Bullies and focus on strong attacking, but heavily contested, physical play and we give ourselves a really decent chance. Complacency is a killer. But the mindset and will is right, so just the "actions get it done" Rossy mantra (e-yikes!).

More of the same please team!

It was a tongue in cheek comment, but show me a side that has a better record against Geelong in their last 4-5 games at GMHBA

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Any other team you probably have to go back 40 years to get to 5 games they were forced to play at Geelong

Considering the tigers were in it up to about 3 qrter time against Melbourne should be all the warning they need to avoid complacency
They're also the only team to beat Sydney this year. They're a lot better than their ladder position. If they can sort out their injuries I expect that they will cause some upsets later in the year.

Richmond are bringing great pressure, they are just lacking class in the midfield and forward line with their injuries, we need to bring the intensity and attacking mindset we had last week and trust our backs to get it done against their depleted forward line. Someone needs to shut down Bolton, especially when he goes into the midfield, he’s their fire starter.

You've all now jinxed us. Half of this thread isn't even about our game with the tigers. Hopefully our players are a bit more focused!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They're also the only team to beat Sydney this year. They're a lot better than their ladder position. If they can sort out their injuries I expect that they will cause some upsets later in the year.
Been invited here to add some spice but I was having a conversation at work about our year not being as bad as what the numbers suggest.

Looking at our average losing margin to top 8 sides (included GC since they are equal on points) it is 30 odd points. However if we look at the margin at 3 quarter time against top 8 sides it is only 11 points. Essentially we run out of puff.

Also the fact that Dave Mundy isn't playing gives me some hope he won't come in out of nowhere and clinch the game for you after the siren.

We playing tomorrow and followed up by a Friday game? 4 day break?

We need to be switched on for this game. Richmond are quite capable of winning this game if we take them as being no good.

Freo need a good start and will need to keep focused all game.
Dockers should approach every game like that, the West Coast game has taught us as much. Under-estimate no one, expect fire - but go out there; play the way they did against Bullies, do a job. Find a way to get it done. I just want to see a win, percentage can be worried about later

Been invited here to add some spice but I was having a conversation at work about our year not being as bad as what the numbers suggest.

Looking at our average losing margin to top 8 sides (included GC since they are equal on points) it is 30 odd points. However if we look at the margin at 3 quarter time against top 8 sides it is only 11 points. Essentially we run out of puff.

Also the fact that Dave Mundy isn't playing gives me some hope he won't come in out of nowhere and clinch the game for you after the siren.
I was informed this is rivalry round so yes I'm keen to beat this mob, I'm still bitter about those Grand Finals they beat us in all those years ago.

Oh Fremantle.
I'll need to rethink that one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching them play the Eagles they came out full of fire and then dropped off. We need to be switched on from the start and hang in tough early on. The advantage for the Eagles in that game against Richmond was a home game for the Coasters. A Richmond team with tail up early at the G will be difficult.

Yeah well.... shut up 🤣🤣🤣
Seriously though I expect you guys to flog us through the midfield tomorrow. While I've been impressed with how competitive we have been under Yze, with no real recognised full time midfielder playing against your line up you should get on top of us there, it's going to be how well our defence stands up and we are then able to transition the ball and have some effective forward 50 entries without a recognised forward in our forward line.
If you guys can't get over the top of us fairly easily by the end of the match it doesn't bode well for you at the pointy end of the season when you have to win games at the G

Good luck to the winner of the inaugural Liam Baker cup.

Seriously though I expect you guys to flog us through the midfield tomorrow. While I've been impressed with how competitive we have been under Yze, with no real recognised full time midfielder playing against your line up you should get on top of us there, it's going to be how well our defence stands up and we are then able to transition the ball and have some effective forward 50 entries without a recognised forward in our forward line.
If you guys can't get over the top of us fairly easily by the end of the match it doesn't bode well for you at the pointy end of the season when you have to win games at the G
We're the Dockers mate. We win the impossible and lose the easy games.

What does your board make of the Baker trade?

We love Baker but we also realise he most likely won't see another flag at Richmond, he is the right age to head home.
Happy to keep him because we know what we have with him.

Aye Freo84 is right, the games when we're 'expected' to win come back to haunt us or live rent free in their heads when it goes pear shaped! Let's hope...if Freo are to win (from our perspective) it's in the spirit of a good game for both clubs ;)

With both Port and Carlton losing, wining this game now has some more weight to it. Will put us in touching distance of the top 4. Lose and we're back in the pack. I know what our history suggests will happen. Hopefully we can buck that trend.
One of GWS and Sydney lose as well, so we'll catch up to the top four.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back