Richmonds win over Geelong was good for football

Remove this Banner Ad

I was going to agree with the title until I saw a mention of our game style.

1. It is good for other teams to win. You can't have 1, 2 or 3 superteams because it upsets the losers.
2. Richmond play a Paul Roos pressure congested shitfest. There's absolutely no comparison towards their game styles. Now Roos is gone someone has to be him, and implement his s**t style of football.
:D
Are you new to football, our style is nothing at all like the style of Roos or Lyon, we apply pressure everywhere, then break and take risks with hand and foot as soon as we get the ball back, fast open attacking football from us, the shitfest you talk of is from most teams we play.:shoutyoldman:

https://www.theroar.com.au/2018/06/...g-win-football/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

What an outstanding article.

The utter crap dour gamestyle of the handbaggers exposed on the MCG.

The wider public now realising that the Handbaggers defensive rubbish game plan is a bad, bad thing

We don't need zones, interchange caps etc.

We just need less Geelong.

Finally, people are seeing the light.
Brilliant read, bang nail on head, it needed to be said and it was.

I sense an ACS Media Award could be on the way.

Tiggs still trying to justify their umpire assisted “win” that none of them turned up to see anyway. :$

2451cbf199959eb57330de2bf2474123.png

Poor scats. Couldn’t win without their 3 free kicks to 1 usual ratio they get.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

also cheat free to Biitchmond didn’t help.
Its okay, I know the free kick count wasn't what it is at the Cattery only a few in Geelongs favour but you did have 4 umps out there working their little cotton shorts off trying to organise a Geelong win, did the Cats even score a goal that wasn't from a free or 50m penalty?
You'll be okay, you've played the best so it gets easier from here, oh sorry we play again in a few weeks, mmm maybe its time to start thinking about September holidays?

Richmond with flooding, ugly football win a flag after years of failure.

Sounds like 2005 all over again really.

Except we have been kicking over 100 points most games. You guys were just lucky the weather held us back last weekend. Could of been a 7 goal loss for the cats if it was dry.

The article is a load of wank that you probably wrote yourself and are now promoting.
That's not my bag. I'd struggle to write an article without a s**t * campaigner in it somewhere.

You have become an overly defensive side with incredibly slow ball movement. That gameplan won't work consistently at the G. You'll beat the weak sides, and go OK against better sides. But when it comes to the crunch.......

Your side in 07 was breathtaking. Just waves of attack. The side this year is far from it. I'm actually wondering whether long term, the cheat ground is a disadvantage. Yep, it gets you in a good position most years, but then you have to leave to play the big games.

You were lucky to get that close.

Next time if its dry, we're going in dry, and Rance won't bother with a reach around this time.

Umpires were all on board the Catnip Express for 3 and a half quarters giving them repeated free shots for goal unfortunately even this couldnt help the old Catters, then in the last few minutes the umpires realised like the rest of us already had, just how shitfully boring Geelong's style is and so they momentarily jumped on the Tiggy Train, everyone loves a winner just ask the OP.

Surely that midfield must be the least value for money in the history of sport, gazza has his retirement money stacked away and it seems he only bothers to show up every couple of weeks, poor old Paddy misses the limelight so much he has resorted to a moustache and flopping at every touch to try and draw attention feeling that even bad publicity is still publicity, now he wants the game shortened to suit his limited tank, sad really, only one that stood up was Captain Hemo and even he couldnt match the courage and work rate of his opposite number Brownlow medalist, the reigning Premiership Captain Trent Cotchin.

2451cbf199959eb57330de2bf2474123.png

Poor scats. Couldn’t win without their 3 free kicks to 1 usual ratio they get.

40B303C5-6EC6-43E0-BDCC-EC487B05C97B.gif

If Richmond’s style of footy is so aesthetically pleasing then why did 90,000 of their ‘supposed’ 97,000 members choose not to go and watch the game on Sunday..??

If Richmond’s style of footy is so aesthetically pleasing then why did 90,000 of their ‘supposed’ 97,000 members choose not to go and watch the game on Sunday..??
Didn't want to give the Handbaggers any more money...you're already given enough from the Govt to fund your cheat ground, simples.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't want to give the Handbaggers any more money...you're already given enough from the Govt to fund your cheat ground, simples.
Yeah nah, you were just afraid because you had a chance of losing. :)

Just watching Marngrook Footy show the whole panel agree Richmond's game style is by far the best, a thought that is become prevalent, they mentioned what a shame it is so few other teams play this way.

Its not us killing the game, its our lousy oppositions dated game styles, public enemy number one at the moment is Geelong Im afraid, it doesnt get any more carefully boring than the Cats.

Oh if you want numbers at YOUR home games, your supporters need to turn up champ, 10k Cats the rest were Richmond, I was there......in spirit.;)

Just watching Marngrook Footy show the whole panel agree Richmond's game style is by far the best, a thought that is become prevalent, they mentioned what a shame it is so few other teams play this way
I’m sorry but this doesn’t help your argument, in fact it does the complete opposite.

Tigger flogs won’t even turn up to watch a popular style and are fast becoming the new bandwagon Hawf fans of the league. :$

I’m sorry but this doesn’t help your argument, in fact it does the complete opposite.

Tigger flogs won’t even turn up to watch a popular style and are fast becoming the new bandwagon Hawf fans of the league. :$
Sorry your home game couldnt draw a crowd the word is there was 35k of us and only10k Geelong at your home game, no wonder your melting so hard.

Geelongs game style is so mind numbingly boring that even the maniacal Tiger Army cant be bothered watching it, it seems the Catters kept their handbags in the closet as well.

Sorry your home game couldnt draw a crowd the word is there was 35k of us and only10k Geelong at your home game, no wonder your melting so hard,
Yeah nah, your train ticket inspector wasn’t even at the game so his word is mud.

40,000 Geelong supporters.

The excuses so far for your tiggies not attending range from it not being your home game to not wanting to give Geelong money to not knowing which way the wind was blowing. :$

Yeah nah, your train ticket inspector wasn’t even at the game so his word is mud.

40,000 Geelong supporters.

The excuses so far for your tiggies not attending range from it not being your home game to not wanting to give Geelong money to not knowing which way the wind was blowing. :$
You forgot, Geelong plays the most boring style of football since Ross Lyon last coached the Saints.

You forgot, Geelong plays the most boring style of football since Ross Lyon last coached the Saints.
Tigers deflecting once again. :straining:

That's not my bag. I'd struggle to write an article without a s**t **** campaigner in it somewhere.

You have become an overly defensive side with incredibly slow ball movement. That gameplan won't work consistently at the G. You'll beat the weak sides, and go OK against better sides. But when it comes to the crunch.......

Your side in 07 was breathtaking. Just waves of attack. The side this year is far from it. I'm actually wondering whether long term, the cheat ground is a disadvantage. Yep, it gets you in a good position most years, but then you have to leave to play the big games.

Richmonds cheating netball style doesn't do it for me. Tedious to watch a series of taps and kicks off the ground forcing the ball forwards at all costs, and a few tiny sprinters running backwards for Joe the goose goals.

High scoring might mean 'good football' for today's kids and muppets who are attracted by explosions, lasers and theme songs, but not me.

It's so obvious that they just station a player 15m ahead of the contest on the 45 degree and throw the ball out to them as much as possible. I have no idea why Scott didn't have someone preventing it, it happened so often.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2018/06/...g-win-football/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

What an outstanding article.

The utter crap dour gamestyle of the handbaggers exposed on the MCG.

The wider public now realising that the Handbaggers defensive rubbish game plan is a bad, bad thing

We don't need zones, interchange caps etc.

We just need less Geelong.

Finally, people are seeing the light.
lol..

Floguthor of that crap... lol...

not even worth the font type.

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back