Analysis Ricks Analysis (The Shinboner Blog)

Remove this Banner Ad

We are live with the Port Adelaide post:

I saw a handful of in-game tweaks which I thought were intriguing. So I doubled that with a look at the season to date using the line-by-line rotation data I've started the season...

Because we made it to the bye, hooray.

We are live with the Port Adelaide post:

I saw a handful of in-game tweaks which I thought were intriguing. So I doubled that with a look at the season to date using the line-by-line rotation data I've started the season...

Because we made it to the bye, hooray.
Nice work again Rick. Your reviews are like a little ray of sunshine in what is otherwise a cesspit of negativity and infighting around here at the moment.

I have a question or two and fully understand if you choose not to answer them.

There are whole threads on here dedicated to Alistair Clarkson alluding to him being sacked. In your opinion, is he the right man to lead us forward? Is he doing the right things tactically? People seem to think the game has gone past him and he's lost that "edge" he had at the Hawks. I personally think we just to stick fat but it is a tough watch at the moment...... I am fighting tooth and nail to keep my 10 year old believing that the tide will turn!!

Thanks again

I'm really intrigued by our backline at the moment. Probably because it's the third of the ground that seams to be coming together the best. I don't think it's a coincidence that Corr has played some of his best footy with WDawson coming into the side. I think it's released Corr into that third tall role he's more suited to.

Post bye I can see the temptation of dropping Wil for Kal, but Kal is also more suited to a third tall role too.

So I'm curious Rick, what do you think is the best mix for us post-bye, and then next year once Goater and Logue are healthy and back what do you think the best mix will be then?

Nice work again Rick. Your reviews are like a little ray of sunshine in what is otherwise a cesspit of negativity and infighting around here at the moment.

I have a question or two and fully understand if you choose not to answer them.

There are whole threads on here dedicated to Alistair Clarkson alluding to him being sacked. In your opinion, is he the right man to lead us forward? Is he doing the right things tactically? People seem to think the game has gone past him and he's lost that "edge" he had at the Hawks. I personally think we just to stick fat but it is a tough watch at the moment...... I am fighting tooth and nail to keep my 10 year old believing that the tide will turn!!

Thanks again

You have to ignore those threads 😂

But yeah I think he is, everyone just needs someone to blame when a team is 0-11 with a percentage of about five.

I did a whole analogy/hypothetical at the end of the mailbag post a couple of weeks ago that I think still holds:

I'm really intrigued by our backline at the moment. Probably because it's the third of the ground that seams to be coming together the best. I don't think it's a coincidence that Corr has played some of his best footy with WDawson coming into the side. I think it's released Corr into that third tall role he's more suited to.

Post bye I can see the temptation of dropping Wil for Kal, but Kal is also more suited to a third tall role too.

So I'm curious Rick, what do you think is the best mix for us post-bye, and then next year once Goater and Logue are healthy and back what do you think the best mix will be then?

I reckon most of it will probably be sorted by availability to be honest, I can't imagine Dawson (Wil) will be able to play most games from here on out cause I can't remember too many first year key defenders who have in recent memory.

A few weeks ago I was keen to see a Logue/Comben/K Dawson trio, but Corr's good form over the last month has me thinking the best way forward for the rest of the year is Logue/Comben/Corr once Logue gets back from his knee in a month or so.

But then if W Dawson is still holding up well after Logue's return we'll probably see more Comben forward I would imagine...

And god only knows what it'll look like in 2025 ha.

We are live with the West Coast post:

Bit of a new concept today, writing about a win. Don't have too much experience doing this.

In all seriousness though, the main topics are Simpkin's game and the slight role shift, forward pressure and Eddie Ford in particular, along with a few other bits and pieces.

We are live with the West Coast post:

Bit of a new concept today, writing about a win. Don't have too much experience doing this.

In all seriousness though, the main topics are Simpkin's game and the slight role shift, forward pressure and Eddie Ford in particular, along with a few other bits and pieces.
Great as always Rick ……was like watching the replay in my mind all over again. Harry’s ability to stay in chains of play is a thing of absolute beauty.

Great as always Rick ……was like watching the replay in my mind all over again. Harry’s ability to stay in chains of play is a thing of absolute beauty.
The Xerri chase down was phenomenal and inspirational. Ricky is correct saying this is the standard by which every player needs to achieve to win games.

Right, we are live with the Collingwood post. Buckle up because it's really long, which is saying something coming from me:

Trying to cover everything from the game, broken down into three main topics:

1) How three tall forwards helped the ball movement
2) The post-bye shift and explaining how the tweaks were on display
3) The final quarter madness and everything that happened there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right, we are live with the Collingwood post. Buckle up because it's really long, which is saying something coming from me:

Trying to cover everything from the game, broken down into three main topics:

1) How three tall forwards helped the ball movement
2) The post-bye shift and explaining how the tweaks were on display
3) The final quarter madness and everything that happened there
Read this analysis earlier and it just struck me, the guys you describe whose presence made the Pies gettable, that’s a lot of our team. We just don’t have the class waiting in the wings that they do.

Enjoyed your take on the game as always. Not quite making me feel better this time, it just burns, but it gives me new positive things to reflect on.

Read this analysis earlier and it just struck me, the guys you describe whose presence made the Pies gettable, that’s a lot of our team. We just don’t have the class waiting in the wings that they do.

Enjoyed your take on the game as always. Not quite making me feel better this time, it just burns, but it gives me new positive things to reflect on.
Last week was releif, this week dissapointed but both are far better emotions than dispair.

The great man tweeted this at 3 quarter time yesterday.

It was the first tweet I saw on Twitter and then what unfolded in the next 30 minutes was spot on.
Predicted what unfolded to a tee, with some additional bullshit umpiring amongst it that saw the game stolen from us.

Give the man his flowers Rick18

Remove this Banner Ad

Back