Summer RIO 2016 - Rowing (6th to 13th Aug)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dominant performance...never looked fazed and had it under control the entire race.

Amazing effort.

There a huge Croatian population in nz.

It's a win either way?

Guess there is, after all they kicked off our entire wine industry.
We needed that gold badly; otherwise 1 gold 2 silver from rowing would have been a complete disaster.

Not sure Twigg wanted to finish her career that way, nothing left in the tank for some reason... but Kim would have clearly won anyway even if Emma was up for the fight.

Great row by Kim Brennan. She is a champion both in and out of the water. Have been following her story from about 18 months pre London when I found out she was an athletics rising star but had to quit and then got talent spotted into rowing.

Outside of about 4 or 5 athletics event, the other events I get pumped up for at the Olympics, no matter who is competing, and whether Oz has a chance or not, is the Team's Pursuit in Cycling, the Men's 8 in rowing and the Heavyweights in Weightlifting. I just love watching the power of these guys and the synchronization of that power. The Men's 8's didn't let me down and produced another great battle between the Brits and Germans. I love how every Olympics there seems to be a new dominate force and nobody has won back to back 8's since the drugged by East Germans in 1976-80, repeat. Brits were just too good over the last 750m or so..

In the Women's 8's the US dominated as expected for 3 in a row and have dominated for over a decade.

I gotta find a replay to watch the single's scull. Sounds like a corker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back