Multiplat Rise of the Tomb Raider

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough.

I own both consoles too but my preferred system is Xbox, pretty much because I prefer the controller over the ps4's one.

I got the XB1 cheap enough but I don't really use it, played the new Halo on it and stopped because it was so average, hopefully the new Gears will lure me back to using it.

I think its initial sales have been hurt of course, but it will sell very well on PC and PS4. I expect a nice bump for Christmas too.

The game has received basically all positive acclaim from anyone that has played it, everywhere you look online people are saying how good it is and others cant wait to pick it up. Everyone knows that its a great game, they know the developer did well, its just this damn deal and release date.

If anything this could be the wake up call for the industry that it doesn't matter how good your game is, if you release at the wrong time or chuck in exclusive deals people will not buy your game.

anecdotally I know 9-10 mates who are getting it for Christmas on Xbox. About that number again are PS4 users and are furious they have to wait for the game. They will buy it, but they hate the deal that much they were never going to buy an Xbox just to play it.

It wont sell any better on PC after a 3+month delay, and even worse on PS4 if its in November against Holiday again. a 6month deal would still hurt sales but not kill the game like a 12 month deal seems to. There is no chance Square will be happy with the sales and unless there is a clause where MS have to pay for lost projected sales if it was on other platforms they would of lost huge amounts of money. Lastweek in Europe the Uncharted Collection destroyed RoTR in sales numbers both were bundled and RoTR was in a 2 for 50 deal.

The developer just aims to make a good game but if it doesnt sell well the publisher will force them to make changes and layoffs. Crystal will be happy with the game based on reviews and player feedback. but SE would dread the numbers. As for the release date i wouldnt be surprised if MS refused to let them hold it until Feb because then it would be H2H with Uncharted. and knew Fallout was the same day and CoD is always early November.

Really enjoying this. I know the story is different, but it seems to have tipped it's hat to the original. Some very 'familiar' scenes in the opening section.

I find myself trying to never use Lara's "sense" (the thing that highlights the next objective in yellow). I find that makes it much more similar to how I used to remember the game. Part of the idea of being an explorer is trying to work out where to go! Having a shiny yellow statue pillar wrecks that a bit.

Bloody gorgeous game though. Loving it.

It wont sell any better on PC after a 3+month delay, and even worse on PS4 if its in November against Holiday again. a 6month deal would still hurt sales but not kill the game like a 12 month deal seems to. There is no chance Square will be happy with the sales and unless there is a clause where MS have to pay for lost projected sales if it was on other platforms they would of lost huge amounts of money. Lastweek in Europe the Uncharted Collection destroyed RoTR in sales numbers both were bundled and RoTR was in a 2 for 50 deal.

The developer just aims to make a good game but if it doesnt sell well the publisher will force them to make changes and layoffs. Crystal will be happy with the game based on reviews and player feedback. but SE would dread the numbers. As for the release date i wouldnt be surprised if MS refused to let them hold it until Feb because then it would be H2H with Uncharted. and knew Fallout was the same day and CoD is always early November.

It will sell. Not as great as it should but it will be ok.
Its a great game, people want to play it they just haven't got the time currently on Xbox, or access on the other two platforms. Of course Square wont be happy, but I think this is a wake up call for everyone involved.

It will sell. Not as great as it should but it will be ok.
Its a great game, people want to play it they just haven't got the time currently on Xbox, or access on the other two platforms. Of course Square wont be happy, but I think this is a wake up call for everyone involved.

I dont think the money MS paid for exclusive rights will make up for the lost sales on PS4 not with a 1 year delay. Its Squares own fault for making the dumb deal but it will sadly be Crystal Dynamic that get punished. PC sales will be alright but still lower then it could of been. and If they charge full price for it on PS4 in November 2016 it wont sell much. and next November will be Mass Effect multi plat and Horizon will be Sonys First party game, Gears will be Xbox1's game of the holiday.

All the fans knew if was a deal that has a good chance to kill the franchise. The game would still of struggled if it was only a 3-6 month delay on PS4, 12 months has it dead, The lack of marketing hasnt helped all ive seen in Australia is Black ops and Fallout ads. and only seen a few when watching sport on NFL Gamepass/ WatchESPN

All the fans knew if was a deal that has a good chance to kill the franchise. The game would still of struggled if it was only a 3-6 month delay on PS4, 12 months has it dead, The lack of marketing hasnt helped all ive seen in Australia is Black ops and Fallout ads. and only seen a few when watching sport on NFL Gamepass/ WatchESPN
Really? We must live in different sections of the media, I've seen plenty of TV advertising for the game

Really? We must live in different sections of the media, I've seen plenty of TV advertising for the game
I've seen heaps of ads as well on tv for it, even at the movies as well as on every second bus stop I've driven past.

I havent seen any, i dont watch FTA tv. and mostly watch the Sport and entertainment/lifestyle channels on foxtel.

I played more lastnight about 30% i think. there are more Tombs then the first game but are still easy, but repetitive like you have to keep doing the same thing 3-4 times to get the the prize in the tomb and not fun, like the water one that the entrance was inside a cave with the leopard.

Crafting is good, having to make bombs rather then pick up grenades is kinda dumb when you need to find a empty can in a fight then build a bomb because you cant store them. The first "plot twist"
Where Ana is working with Trinity, and then later that her dad killed himself, but i think it will be murder because they focused on the open window

They seem to be focusing on Lara being cold too much, the dumb girl knew she was going to a cold climate so she should of taken thicker clothing.

Just finished the game, it was good i liked some of the improvements from the reboot like the crafting, the story being part about her dad made it feel more like it should of been the first game in the series. the last hour or so was bad it felt almost the same as the first game. I still have no clue why Jonah was in the game i didnt care about him and the only character i liked from the first game was Roth. But did like the Jacob character.

Parts of the game felt like a uncharted rip off again. I fear by the time its on PS4 they will be exposed more since Uncharted 4 will be out. But still worth playing even with the bad writing. and predictable twists.

Just finished the game, it was good i liked some of the improvements from the reboot like the crafting, the story being part about her dad made it feel more like it should of been the first game in the series. the last hour or so was bad it felt almost the same as the first game. I still have no clue why Jonah was in the game i didnt care about him and the only character i liked from the first game was Roth. But did like the Jacob character.

Parts of the game felt like a uncharted rip off again. I fear by the time its on PS4 they will be exposed more since Uncharted 4 will be out. But still worth playing even with the bad writing. and predictable twists.

I'm surprised there wasn't even a mention of Sam considering how tight Sam and Lara were in the first game...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm surprised there wasn't even a mention of Sam considering how tight Sam and Lara were in the first game...

I think its because of how much everyone hated Sam by the end of the game, it was my first thought when the start was Lara and Jonah since Sam was so close with Lara in the first game. But Sam was just a badly written damsel in distress in the first game that by the end you wanted her to get turned into the Sun Queen and die.
They had the same issue with Ana at times, you could see the "Twist" with her being bad from miles away, and never cared about her even the post credit sequence when she revealed she was the one who killed Lara's dad [It was clear it was a murder as soon as they focused on the open window after he died, and then Ana's brother said Trinity had him killed] They just cant write female characters in the game other then Lara, they did a good job with Roth in the reboot and Jacob this time.

Finished the game tonight. I didn't bother with any side quests so my completion time was 8.5 hours.

Really enjoyed the game, graphics are beautiful and the story isn't too bad. 8/10.

Fair enough.

I own both consoles too but my preferred system is Xbox, pretty much because I prefer the controller over the ps4's one.
Really?

I've got both consoles, but much prefer the PS4.

I find the X1 to be clunky compared the PS4

oh BTW...look out for some of the bad glitches near the end of the game. I had one which cost me about an hour. Googled it, found a youtube video with the solution that worked!

I believe there is a patch coming out today possibly with the fixes.

This is the bug I came across

PC sales will be fine. The game has already sold around 230k copies on Steam (currently number 2 on the bestsellers list) and the first one has sold almost 4 million copies on the same platform.

Is this better than uncharted 3 on ps4

I loved the old tomb raider games

I upgraded to a ps4 at Xmas time ....

Finished it today after getting it for Xmas and not really having time to play it. Unbelievable game IMO, love everything about it. Really hope there is another one and that PS4 sales are really high so it gets what it deserves, everyone should play it. I'd give it a 9.5/10, visuals are stunning, gameplay is great, storyline is interesting enough too, and Lara Croft is great, Camilla Luddington has done yet another fantastic job as Lara.

Oh and here is she is in real life

image.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back