Multiplat Rise of the Tomb Raider

Remove this Banner Ad

See I actually hated Uncharted, got bored on the first and never played the rest. The fact that TLoU was so good will get me to play the next Uncharted.

You picked the wrong uncharted to play first. Although the graphics looks stunning and beautiful, the first uncharted was a little slow story wise and the game play was horrible. recommend playing Uncharted 2 a major vast improvement on the first. I started with uncharted 2 then played the first I only finished it for the sake of finishing to complete the series (not that it really makes any difference if you don't.) Uncharted two is one of the best games to have come out on the PS3 imo.

I did the some with Tomb Raider played my first Tomb Raider with the new one loved it! then went back brought the HD collection edition and played Anniversary, legend and Underworld all very good games too.

The only thing I found the some with Tomb Raider and Uncharted was the collecting and the puzzle aspects, apart from that its totally different in game play and the story is a little weaker then uncharted two and three. through it is an origin story so in that regard its a good one!

recommend a must play!

Last edited:
Rise of the Tomb Raider revealed to be Xbox Exclusive. No PC, no PS4 version. Very disappointing.
It will be timed exclusive IMO because the statement said exclusive for 2015. with how well the DE sold on PS4 it would kill SE to be a full exclusive. and could mean MS are in more trouble then we think.

The game is not a system seller, and if its going into Holiday 2015 against Uncharted timed makes sense so it doesnt get forgotten about. but still a stupid move, if its a full exclusive it could ruin the franchise and kill the company.

I'm not hating on the exclusivity, I think it is a good bit of business if it is timed and if it isn't then Microsoft paid a lot for it and good on them.

But Crystal Dynamics saying that if you want Tomb Raider on PS4/PC go and buy that Osiris game is like when Microsoft said that the 360 was their console for people without Internet at E3 in 2013. Utterly patronising bullshit.

I'm not hating on the exclusivity, I think it is a good bit of business if it is timed and if it isn't then Microsoft paid a lot for it and good on them.

But Crystal Dynamics saying that if you want Tomb Raider on PS4/PC go and buy that Osiris game is like when Microsoft said that the 360 was their console for people without Internet at E3 in 2013. Utterly patronising bullshit.

If MS want to go head to head against sony with Uncharted and Tomb Raider for the Holidays next year i think it will be an easy win for Sony, someone on Gaf said the Uncharted games sell about 7 Million each and TR sold about 10 Million across 5 platforms.

I have an issue for selling exclusive rights as a 3rd party dev if there is no need, for smaller devs who will need the money to make the game then im fine. but this just makes no sense with the fact they put out a better version of the first game on the PS4 and it out sold the Xbox version 3:1. I think it would of cost MS a huge number but i think it will be a 6 month exclusive otherwise it could be the end of S-E

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dear Tomb Raider Community,

As you may have seen, we’ve just announced that Rise of the Tomb Raider, coming Holiday 2015, is exclusively on Xbox. We consider all of you to be the lifeblood of Tomb Raider and the work we do at Crystal. I’d like to give you some insight into this decision, and why we feel this is the very best thing for the Tomb Raider sequel we’re creating at the studio.

Tomb Raider in 2013 was a success due in large part to your continued support. Our goal has always been to deliver something truly special with Rise of the Tomb Raider. Today’s announcement with Microsoft is one step to help us put Tomb Raider on top of action adventure gaming. Our friends at Microsoft have always seen huge potential in Tomb Raider and have believed in our vision since our first unveil with them on their stage at E3 2011. We know they will get behind this game more than any support we have had from them in the past - we believe this will be a step to really forging the Tomb Raider brand as one of the biggest in gaming, with the help, belief and backing of a major partner like Microsoft.

This doesn’t mean that we’re walking away from our fans who only play on PlayStation or on PC. Those are great systems, with great partners, and amazing communities. We have Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming to those platforms this December, and Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition is available on PS4.

We know that there are probably many more questions and concerns. Please do send them to us, and we’ll answer to the best of our ability. Meanwhile we’re going all out to try and make something truly special - the most ambitious Tomb Raider game ever built.

Thanks,

Darrell Gallagher
Crystal Dynamics Head of Studios

http://tombraider.tumblr.com/post/94529480860/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-update

There still seems to be a huge confusion as to whether this is full blown Microsoft exclusive or just a timed exclusive for 2015.

Considering the gap sales wise between the consoles Microsoft must have paid a fortune to lock it up if it is complete exclusivity.

Credit it to them as well.

I didn't even play the last one so I couldn't care less but when you lose money and rely on word of mouth that you've made a pretty good game and then you alienate a whole gaming community you shouldn't be surprised if it backfires.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back