Rising rightwing extremism is a threat to Australian wellbeing

Remove this Banner Ad

HurleyHepsHird

Ghost Stories for the End of the World
Oct 2, 2011
Between the Lines
AFL Club
West Coast

I wonder what the lag time is going to be, before the punditry and politicians take this seriously.

So far the Libs have only seen this latest wave as an opportunity to cultivate new support, particularly during the pandemic.

But this style of violent white nationalism cannot be ignored if we want a free, healthy and safe society.

I wonder what the lag time is going to be, before the punditry and politicians take this seriously.

So far the Libs have only seen this latest wave as an opportunity to cultivate new support, particularly during the pandemic.

But this style of violent white nationalism cannot be ignored if we want a free, healthy and safe society.
Liberals have been and still are actively cultivating right wing and religious fundamentalists, as they now form a significant part of the LNP base.

Can't see Dutton cutting the last lifeline he has in a hurry.
Without the far right the LNP are in the wilderness for the rest of this century at least.

He would be praying for a US style religious fundy lead surge to keep him in a job even in opposition.

Love this from the article:

Defence lawyer Scott Henchcliffe KC told the court Mr Vasilyev maintained his innocence and that all of the prosecution's evidence was "in dispute".

He said his client had a firearms licence and an interest in firearms.

"There is no suggestion that he committed a terror attack," Mr Henchcliffe said.
200w (26).gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back