Preview RND 19 - Carlton v North Melbourne Saturday 24th July 1.45PM @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say there was no consideration given to it at all, would have been a totally irresponsible thing to do after what we've been through with him for two years. No single game is worth risking a guy's future career.

Oh definitely, but I'm sure Charlie would've taken Teague aside to remind him that he wants to play in his brothers 200th haha

Because we're playing the team in the wooden spoon spot and the main exciting factor in the game has been removed.

We should win easily, it's not an intriguing matchup.
But surely it's your team. If you care enough to post frequently on an internet forum then you must care enough to at least watch them?

How is it a joke? Casboult is old and muscular as anyone, of course he is going to hurt himself from time to time. McGovern is out of shape and prone to soft tissue injuries.

As for ACL's they are freak occurrences that can happen to anyone - remember a player called Chris Judd? Prepared as good as anyone to ever do it. The ACL ended his career.

We are awfully unlucky right now but I bet you'll have a huge smile next week when we bring in Curnow and McKay for a must win clash with the Saints.

I didn't blame our staff. But it is bullshit to have 7 talls injured at the same time, and we've constantly been down numbers in that area due to ongoing injuries.

Charlie/Marchbank/McGov have had ongoing injuries for years. Even McKay has been on/off with injuries as well. It's just annoying to have zero talls available outside TDK/Jones/Weitering on our entire list.

If the game starts going pear shaped, Teague needs to bite the bullet and swing one of Weitering / Jones forward.

We need to try every single option we have to come away with a win and keep the finals chance alive.

If we exhaust all our options and lose, I understand the injury circumstances and it couldn’t be helped. But just keeling over without exhausting all we have will be frustrating.

But surely it's your team. If you care enough to post frequently on an internet forum then you must care enough to at least watch them?
Like I said in response to someone else I would still watch them if I wasn't going to a bucks.

My only change has gone from being gutted about missing it to not being overly fussed about missing it.

I'll still be checking the score frequently while not watching.

Wow. Norf fans reckon they win this by 5+ goals now without Harry. Spare me!

Norf are deplorable as anyone. We should destroy them.
North arent deplorable. Last month they have actually been quite good especially their midfield. Harry out is a huge loss and it just further exacerbates our injury issues to KPPs. We need to lower our eyes to kick a winning score

North arent deplorable. Last month they have actually been quite good especially their midfield. Harry out is a huge loss and it just further exacerbates our injury issues to KPPs. We need to lower our eyes to kick a winning score
Do you think it's reasonable to suggest that they will beat us by 5+ goals as the Norf poster stated? Aren't you a Carlton supporter? How on earth can you accept their suggestion over mine? Or, are you taking issue with my statement that Norf are deplorable and strictly that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you think it's reasonable to suggest that they will beat us by 5+ goals as the Norf poster stated? Aren't you a Carlton supporter? How on earth can you accept their suggestion over mine? Or, are you taking issue with my statement that Norf are deplorable and strictly that?
Just the statement that Norf are deplorable.

I didn't blame our staff. But it is bullshit to have 7 talls injured at the same time, and we've constantly been down numbers in that area due to ongoing injuries.

Charlie/Marchbank/McGov have had ongoing injuries for years. Even McKay has been on/off with injuries as well. It's just annoying to have zero talls available outside TDK/Jones/Weitering on our entire list.
How is it bullshit? It's just bad luck. It sucks, but it isn't bullshit.

I would’ve brought in Honey. Play him as a lead up out of deep forward similar to a Marc Lecras. I think he has some similar traits.

Will be interesting to see how DT handles this one. Weirdly optimistic.

Every club has stupid posters, to generalize it in a comment to infer that all Norf supporters think they'll win by 5+ is just silly. If you have an issue with said poster, call them out.

Personally, I think Harry as an out makes this game even more interesting. Could go either way now.

Oh yeah, if I'm not parked in front of the TV on Saturday arvo the boys will be really disappointed in me?

I've got a young family mate, I'll pull whatever strings I can to watch a game live, and I watch every game I miss later on. But this week, absolutely zero key forwards in the side in a must-win game against a bottom 2 side who are actually playing some competitive footy? I'll give it a crack, but if we look like we're playing sh*t footy without a plan I reckon it's gonna struggle to keep me invested when I could be spending some extra time with my kid.
If you have kids then I suggest your username is false

McKay is a massive out. Injuries have not been kind, McKay, Casboult, McGovern, Curnow, McDonald, DeKoning having to ruck.

Cripps has to play forward, a lot relying on Silvagni. Massive test for our field kicking.

Kemp should come in, I called it a month ago, Kemp should have been played at CHF but no, all talented youth to the backline. No doubt we haven't even had a look at that despite being short of a CHF who can play for the entirety of the season. We aren't too bright, what can you say.

Maybe Weitering goes forward, not Jones, has next to no forward ability.

Should go with Kemp, Silvagni and Cripps up forward with no McKay. We won't though.

Owies replacing Harry does not sound like for like. How about Charlie? or Kemp?
It is what worries me. There seems to be more often that not and out of balance selection structure choice.
Ironically when there were not so many talls injured they picked too many for both ends of ground. Now there barely any, the pick a forward pocket with giant key forward is out. Fair enough, be nuts to pick Charlie after 20 mins of footy in near two years, but least Kemp has played some footy in recent months and has some height to be a target.
I do not get picking a small when you lose a tall key forward and you were already struggling for options in ruck and key forward in last two weeks.
It is nuts.

I have serious concerns over what happens in our MC…

Last week (or week before, can’t remember), we ”manage” Fogarty to then play him as the sub. He’s either being managed or he is good to go.

We then run with Kemp making his debut for him to not be selected. Owies is “managed”. McKay pulls out and then we replace him with Owies. Whilst Kemp remains on the sideline.

Seriously leaves you scratching your head.

How is it bullshit? It's just bad luck. It sucks, but it isn't bullshit.

Calm down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back