AFL Autopsy RND 19: Essington Rides Again

Remove this Banner Ad

I think our biggest problem is aside from Langford and Wright we have no threatening presences up forward.

Our mids/wings can't be relied upon to kick winning scores each week, when they can't get their flow going we just can't get any scoreboard pressure. We had plenty of i50's for no result when our mids were ontop. When their mids were ontop they had plenty of i50's for lots of scores.

We won 6 games last year. We are already at 9.

I reckon increasing your win total by 50% with 5 rounds left is a fair improvement.
Numbers sound like an improvement, but I feel the reality is a bit different. Look unfit, disinterested at times. Players at the tail end of their careers, compounded by baffling selections. Teams move the ball WAY too easily, always find easy targets.

Only saw the 2nd half but it was meh. Nothing to get excited about - which is different to first half of the year.
Scott doesn’t have a lot left to work with though. Wouldn’t mind seeing wanganeen and davey get a run at some stage. Probably tsatsas too. Baldwin likely in for Ridley next week. Quads can be nasty. Would be good to see Baldwin string a few afl games together in D to see what he’s got

Baldwin won’t get a game.

Scott will go with either Weideman or bring Stewart straight back in.

Our bottom 6 just isn't good enough. Too many passengers. We have a bunch of C and D-grade players that we need to turn into B-graders.

We need another key forward. We need a playmaker in defence. We need a crumbing small forward. We need to find better players than Kelly, Snelling, Heppell, Laverde and Stringer to fill their positions.

Oh yeah J.U.H = “trade bust”
Cracking Up Lol GIF by reactionseditor

Heppell and Phillips are definite dead weights and can't take our selves seriously if they're getting a spot over others (but there's no one).

We can still beat GWS, Syd, WCE and North to make the finals but I'd rather miss and have the hunger for next year after an off-season of tough but neccesary changes.
I can see losses against both Sydney teams as a real possibility at the moment.

With the way the ball was coming in at times not entirely sure he was at fault. We were smashed in the middle

He’s literally the worst in the AFL for one on ones. Dead last. (For players that have had enough one on one contests to qualify).

I love his effort, which you need when you have McGrath and Heppell playing contact free footy, but he just isn’t good enough.

I think our biggest problem is aside from Langford and Wright we have no threatening presences up forward.

Our mids/wings can't be relied upon to kick winning scores each week, when they can't get their flow going we just can't get any scoreboard pressure. We had plenty of i50's for no result when our mids were ontop. When their mids were ontop they had plenty of i50's for lots of scores.
yep. No other key forward options., and no quality small forwards. Add a defense without a quality FB or CHB and we are mid ladder level

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it think our football team is like this board- theres just not enough quality posters on the roster and there’s too many shitty posters trying to do too much

We have an oversupply of small forwards, none that are going to change the dynamic of the team.
This is where some hard decisions are going to need to be made seasons end. Seeing Munkara last week and Davey in general that is the speed profile we need going forward not honest battlers who can't apply significant defensive or offensive pressure.

He’s literally the worst in the AFL for one on ones. Dead last. (For players that have had enough one on one contests to qualify).

I love his effort, which you need when you have McGrath and Heppell playing contact free footy, but he just isn’t good enough.
Would you mind sending the link to the stat? I’m curious to see the list

The chronic mismanagement of Bryan is frustrating to no end also. Lowest tog 36 mins. He played less game time than Hind who came on halfway into the 3rd. We pick him to stick him forward and on the bench, and then wonder why he can't get into games.

The team’s definitely losing some belief. It’s not the end of the world but we’d all like to see them fight out every game to the last breath.

This is where some hard decisions are going to need to be made seasons end. Seeing Munkara last week and Davey in general that is the speed profile we need going forward not honest battlers who can't apply significant defensive or offensive pressure.
If we want to be tough, Snelling needs to go. Heppel needs to be retired. Parish needs to be moved on and rebalance the side.

IF we were say Hawthorn, they would do it. Essington. Nuh, we'll extract the p!$$

it think our football team is like this board- theres just not enough quality posters on the roster and there’s too many shitty posters trying to do too much
Thank you, I do put in a lot of effort.
Nice to be appreciated sometimes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back