Preview RND 21 - Carlton v GC Suns Sat 7th August 1.45PM @ Etihad - Team - Post #366

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's good we have wasted 2 years to support him.How many more years do we waste if Clarkson jumps on board?
he was set up to fail from day 1. Get some good support around him. He was and still is raw.

No guarantee's clarko will work out. Can easily turn sour like it did with malty.

he was set up to fail from day 1. Get some good support around him. He was and still is raw.

No guarantee's clarko will work out. Can easily turn sour like it did with malty.
exactly - how much of our perceived progress gets dragged back to ground zero because the new guy likes things done his way - and who is gonna question?

exactly - how much of our perceived progress gets dragged back to ground zero because the new guy likes things done his way - and who is gonna question?

This is exactly what I fear, it may have taken Teague two years to finally show some signs of progress, a few important players looking to return as well then we pull the rug from under him. The next Coach comes in and it takes two years to start seeing something from the team again.......how many times do you do this and expect that it will work?

In the meantime, we completely ignore the adverse effects of the different to normal conditions may have on a developing team.
This is what makes me very uncomfortable with peoples' assertions that it's all coaching. There are too many other variables at the moment.

This has nothing to do with whether Teague is coach or not, I'd be saying this whoever the current coach was.

needs an experienced coach (like a neil craig) around him.
Maybe someone highly rated like Henry Playfair from the Swans. Shame we had to let him go because of Covid cuts

People talk about how the senior coaches wage should be kept out of the soft cap because teams with the best coaches can't afford enough support staff, but it is the inexperienced coaches that more support.

Can you imagine where our mighty club would be with people like you and I at the top?? Just saying.
I'd have you first out the door then implement the construction of a towering balcony above the gardiner stand

1628225421256.png

This is exactly what I fear, it may have taken Teague two years to finally show some signs of progress, a few important players looking to return as well then we pull the rug from under him. The next Coach comes in and it takes two years to start seeing something from the team again.......how many times do you do this and expect that it will work?

In the meantime, we completely ignore the adverse effects of the different to normal conditions may have on a developing team.
This is what makes me very uncomfortable with peoples' assertions that it's all coaching. There are too many other variables at the moment.

This has nothing to do with whether Teague is coach or not, I'd be saying this whoever the current coach was.
it's the carlton way and has been for too long - wash rinse repeat - but the clothes keep coming out covered in s**t? have you checked the lint trap? nah, we''ll just send them around again..................

Things can turn around pretty quickly. We might have to take a slight step backwards with a new coach (and head of football), but at least then we could continue in the right direction.

Things can turn around pretty quickly. We might have to take a slight step backwards with a new coach (and head of football), but at least then we could continue in the right direction.
Who knows that we aren't heading in the right direction now? That's my point. What actually is in need of being turned around? This is all very subjective.

We were obviously in terrible shape in 2015, not so now.

Who knows that we aren't heading in the right direction now? That's my point. What actually is in need of being turned around? This is all very subjective.

I think there'll be quite a few things in the review findings that are in need of being turned around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think there'll be quite a few things in the review findings that are in need of being turned around.

On a general football department basis, I'm sure that there may be but let's wait and see what is actually in the report . At the moment it's all speculation and innuendo.

Not advocating for Clarko with this post but saying teague was set up to fail is just a mistruth. His actions will result in him keeping or losing his job, they'll account for the difficulty in covid and injuries too. If he's just not up to it, he's just not up to it. Raw or otherwise.

We were obviously in terrible shape in 2015, not so now.
subjective is the operative word - and it's coming in the revolving door as dt is going out.........it............the door that is..........he's going out - new coach in.....new coach representing subjective...........like he's gonna see things differently........after coming in the door dt went out...........of...........basically.....

hmmmm.......

I think the ruck contest being dangerous is a bit of a myth these days. It's not the 90s anymore, ruck injuries don't occur as often as they used to.
I'm talking about lower limb injuries upon landing etc. The physicality of the contest isn't as significant but PCL damage ends a season.

Kicking inaccuracy is a football malady along the same vein as the bounce of the ball going against you throughout a game. One week for you, next agin. That’s how the footy gods work.
I reckon our kicking for goal will be shy this week and while we still win comfortably, the shots at goal tally will leave us rueing the missed percentage. Something like 12.23.95 v 8.9.57.
We win though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back