Preview Rnd 5 - Carlton v Bulldogs Sunday April 21st 1.10PM @ Marvel - Final Team - Post #854

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The INS far outweigh the OUTS which is phenomenal.

So effing pumped to see big K back, he’s easily our second most important player imo. Given how much time he’s missed over the course of his career do we think he can play a little longer?

Hoping Kreuze just bashes and crashes his way through the Dogs mids and I’m keen to see he and Jack help Crippa a bit more on the inside.

Bit of a head scratcher as to why Bam Bam wasn’t included but I suppose we just have to trust the MC has a plan for him. He and Cuningham are best 22 afaic.

Bit concerned about Cuners he was in good nick before the injury and is exactly one of the things our forward half is missing. Can kick goals, good pressure, his tackling has gone up a notch and is a decent mid rotation. Also looked so confident in the JLT and against the Tiges.
I thought this is it, we’ve all been waiting for you Davey bloody Cuningham and I think you are on the cusp of arriving. Really want him back in ASAP.

As for Polson I think he and Gibbons are much alike in the fact they have always been midfielders and are still learning to play a new possie which we are screaming out for. I really want Polson to make it and I believe with a bit of composure he will be a decent player.

We’ve been in every game this year and I see this week as no different to any others. Doggies speed and ball movement worries me but hopefully they are chasing our arses around the ground more than we are to them.

Just on Walshy as well, can anyone remember a first 4 games that have been more impressive? Not me.:blueheart::blueheart:

Blues by 9 (I hope)

He never improved one aspect of his game.
I have no difficulty in saying goodbye.
Assert all you like, but your assertion is demonstrably false. Cas worked with Sav Rocker for the 2015 season, where he improved from kicking 15 goals / 11 behinds in 2014, to 24 goals / 12 behinds in 2015. He worked again with Sav for the 2017 season, where he went from kicking 18 goals / 18 behinds in 2016, to kicking 34 goals / 18 behinds in 2017. In my opinion, this shows effort on Cas’s behalf to improve his game, and statistical evidence to confirm that he did indeed improve. Beyond the stats, it was patently obvious to anyone watching him in 2017 that Cas’s kicking for goal was the best it had ever been.

In terms of having any “difficulty in saying goodbye”, I don’t think that many here would argue that we didn’t need to outgrow Cas, or that we’re not at - or at least rapidly approaching - the point where we have indeed outgrown him. Rather, the point is whether we as a club, and us as supporters, can show any class in negotiating his transition out of the first team and out of the club. Wishing him “good riddance”, and falsely accusing him of putting in no effort to learn or improve his game, fails that test miserably imo.

Couldn't agree more. Kreuzer will play as he normally does like a man possessed. Im quietly confident he can assist cripps and co to drag us across the line. Go you blues.
And then I'm expecting to hear he played out the game with some sort of injury and we don't see him for months, that's the luck have big Kruze.

Look Arr0w , I know you like a debate but if you’re trying to make a case for Casboult’s kicking i’ll leave you too it.
I’m not giving him another thought, far more positive things on the Carlton horizon to look forward too.

Nothing to do with a debate RB, I just prefer facts over emotionalism

I agree far more positive things ahead, let's hope all supporters embrace it

Please give Polson and Gibbons a couple of bursts through the guts to see what they have on ball in their right full positions not as small forwards. Lets see what they can deliver in the heat of the middle.
Gibbons played midfield in the last qtr last weelk and did ok.

The INS far outweigh the OUTS which is phenomenal.

So effing pumped to see big K back, he’s easily our second most important player imo. Given how much time he’s missed over the course of his career do we think he can play a little longer?

Hoping Kreuze just bashes and crashes his way through the Dogs mids and I’m keen to see he and Jack help Crippa a bit more on the inside.

Bit of a head scratcher as to why Bam Bam wasn’t included but I suppose we just have to trust the MC has a plan for him. He and Cuningham are best 22 afaic.

Bit concerned about Cuners he was in good nick before the injury and is exactly one of the things our forward half is missing. Can kick goals, good pressure, his tackling has gone up a notch and is a decent mid rotation. Also looked so confident in the JLT and against the Tiges.
I thought this is it, we’ve all been waiting for you Davey bloody Cuningham and I think you are on the cusp of arriving. Really want him back in ASAP.

As for Polson I think he and Gibbons are much alike in the fact they have always been midfielders and are still learning to play a new possie which we are screaming out for. I really want Polson to make it and I believe with a bit of composure he will be a decent player.

We’ve been in every game this year and I see this week as no different to any others. Doggies speed and ball movement worries me but hopefully they are chasing our arses around the ground more than we are to them.

Just on Walshy as well, can anyone remember a first 4 games that have been more impressive? Not me.:blueheart::blueheart:

Blues by 9 (I hope)
Ye the big K has been good for CFC over the years.....of the few wins we have had K has been there....these have been our match winners
Kreuzer-should play on -has been cotton wooled the whole time
Murphy
Gibbs [gone]
Jones[yes Jones]
Cripps always tries hard
Simmo
Wright [gone]
Judd[majorly]
Walsh is influencing games already......he will lift us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As Jack Little used to say :
“That’s it folks , there ain’t no more”
View attachment 658069

Casboult’s contract expires at seasons end , there is no future at Carlton.
Thankyou and goodbye.
Cas saga has gone on for years
i have seen entire threads taken up by peoples displeasure as well as some support in horrid times...when WAITE walked Cas was our man for some time..
He never was AFL ....had a solid contested mark that was elite f you like however he didnt tick any further boxes including to be able to lead or do ground work off his own contest or apply defensive pressure or be mobile.....
Has done extremely well for himself considering his actual lack of skill......good luck to him...its departure time.

Agree. Kruze will be a massive support for Cripps in the guts.

He’s one of the few rucks in the comp that can back up once the ball hits the deck and the big bodies start smashing.
And he's up against a kid in English

Happy with our ins and outs
I think the time has come to give Polson and Gibbons centre clearances rotations, few minutes here and there this is important for their development as they are obviously more natural midfielders than forwards, not only would we get the chance for them to show us their capabilities, but what if they were to hold their own through there and show us they are up to it, how good would that be for their confidence and belief, give it a go what's to loose maybe we might learn something...
Mate Polson is a bit of a disaster.....i would not want him anywhere near a center clearance..
he has had one good game out of a lot
pros...has genuine pace and does work chasing down opposition with occasional tackles
cons..poor efficiency when he gets close to the ball if he even quite gets a proper possession.....he just seems happy running around a few paces off the ball.He has to get more of the ball.
I still see him as expensive when selected......we need 22 players getting majority of the possession,it is not ok for a quick kid to get close and chase the ball all day.It is pointless
truth though is we dont have depth and this has been happening...[in a few areas]
expensive every time....

Assert all you like, but your assertion is demonstrably false. Cas worked with Sav Rocker for the 2015 season, where he improved from kicking 15 goals / 11 behinds in 2014, to 24 goals / 12 behinds in 2015. He worked again with Sav for the 2017 season, where he went from kicking 18 goals / 18 behinds in 2016, to kicking 34 goals / 18 behinds in 2017. In my opinion, this shows effort on Cas’s behalf to improve his game, and statistical evidence to confirm that he did indeed improve. Beyond the stats, it was patently obvious to anyone watching him in 2017 that Cas’s kicking for goal was the best it had ever been.

In terms of having any “difficulty in saying goodbye”, I don’t think that many here would argue that we didn’t need to outgrow Cas, or that we’re not at - or at least rapidly approaching - the point where we have indeed outgrown him. Rather, the point is whether we as a club, and us as supporters, can show any class in negotiating his transition out of the first team and out of the club. Wishing him “good riddance”, and falsely accusing him of putting in no effort to learn or improve his game, fails that test miserably imo.
I think people justify their disdain for certain players by the misconcieved idea that the players owe us something rather than the other way around.
Truth is if we didn't have the players. All of them. Every single one wether Jesaualenko or some one gamer we can't even remember the name of.
Well then we wouldnt have the club that we all profess to love and cherish. So we must celebrate them all and praise their efforts regardless of the teams fortunes or the players limitations. They are out there, we are at home with a computer or out and about with a device.

Oh but still its all about me me me and Casboult is a criminal.
Some have very dubious ways of showing that love is all I can say.

Kennedy probably a bit short of a gallop at this stage but look forward to seeing him Cuningham Setterfield and Williamson back in the seniors real soon.
Polson will add pace at the dome and I wonder if Daniels might see some extra attention from him.

Lang is highly rated. Will be in discussion after this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back