Preview Rnd 5 - Carlton v Bulldogs Sunday April 21st 1.10PM @ Marvel - Final Team - Post #854

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked pretty damn good last week for the half he played.

The dogs have two KPP and a ruckman over 193cm playing tomorrow.
That may go down as the shortest team we've seen put on the park for some time.
Be interesting to see how they match up Gov, Harry and Charlie

would love to see gibbons become another carrots.......bit of a journeyman, work on a few issues, ball magnet..........
Carrots was huge for CFC ...
Gibbons does have a tank and like Carrots does like to work
However i am not seeing Carrots
More like an Ed Curnow in his early days........was really average for a long time,survived,got fitter[to ridiculously fit] and improved his game.

Be interesting to see how they match up Gov, Harry and Charlie

Cordy @ 193 takes McKay?
Wood @ 187 takes McGovern?
CCurnow? Naughton goes back or maybe Trengove is a late inclusion.

If Naughton goes back, they're tallest forward will be.....Dunkley @ 190cm?
We have Jones @ 199, Weitering @ 196, Marchbank @ 193 and Plowman @ 193 :)

I know it's not all about height, but that makes for a very interesting differential and possible match-ups.

Look Arr0w , I know you like a debate but if you’re trying to make a case for Casboult’s kicking i’ll leave you too it.
I’m not giving him another thought, far more positive things on the Carlton horizon to look forward too.
There is no debate mate. Your just wrong. This attitude your displaying is part of what went wrong with the club. Its a form of arrogance.
Casboult is a soldier that goes out to fight while the troops behind that never get out of the trenches fire shots at him.
Maybe he doesnt play seniors again. But so what. That isnt the issue. Nor is Casboult the issue. Respect and dignity is.

There is no debate mate. Your just wrong. This attitude your displaying is part of what went wrong with the club. Its a form of arrogance.
Casboult is a soldier that goes out to fight while the troops behind that never get out of the trenches fire shots at him.
Maybe he doesnt play seniors again. But so what. That isnt the issue. Nor is Casboult the issue. Respect and dignity is.

He’s depth this year but a bit of respect. In my opinion has got the best out of himself and played KPF in a very ordinary side

Can’t criticise him at all

He’s depth this year but a bit of respect. In my opinion has got the best out of himself and played KPF in a very ordinary side

Can’t criticise him at all
Absolutely agree.

Imagine if we got him a kicking coach as part of his development when he entered the comp, could have been a better contributor earlier.

Another indictment on rattan era development given it was Malthouse who got him Rocca!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Right to the end against Sydney, same old story.
Be happy not to waste another minutes effort on the subject.
I'm content to see us move beyond Levi as well - guess there are ways of doing it - we can be pretty dismissive of players sometimes, myself included.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cordy @ 193 takes McKay?
Wood @ 187 takes McGovern?
CCurnow? Naughton goes back or maybe Trengove is a late inclusion.

If Naughton goes back, they're tallest forward will be.....Dunkley @ 190cm?
We have Jones @ 199, Weitering @ 196, Marchbank @ 193 and Plowman @ 193 :)

I know it's not all about height, but that makes for a very interesting differential and possible match-ups.

That will not worry any team we play since most oppo goals come from the smaller fleet of foot brigade.

Structurally given they’ve stuck all year with 7,7,7 plus the ruckman, I expect:

- back 7 unchanged
- mids as a minimum: Crippa Dow Walsh murph LOB SPS
- forwards as a minimum: CC MCG McKay Polson Gibbo

Leaves Fisher, Jack and Ed. They switched Fish more forward last week and he looked dangerous. My bet is they stick with that.

Intriguing question is which of the other two goes into the mid 7 group and which into the forward 7. They are conservative by nature so my bet is Ed tags a mid (say Macrae) and Jack plays forward. But I wouldn’t be shocked if that is reversed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back