Preview Rnd 5 - Carlton vs Port Adelaide Sat April 16th 7.25PM @ MCG - Team Post #765

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, people need to come to terms with the fact maybe the replacement waiting in the reserves is not actually a better selection than the already picked player. I'll back those working inside the club to have a better grasp on this than the constant "sky is falling whingers" on BigFooty.

You are a very clever person coming onto a football forum and saying you'll back the coaches and inside Club versus footy forum posters- woweee that's genius level stuff- never thought of that and never heard it before - thanks for the education.

FYI - everyone who posts here is a mad Carlton supporter mate - and swapping thought bubbles is what forums are about.

No one has said the sky is falling btw- only you - the responses on here today are in response to the coach evidencing lack of confidence - not supporters.

As for your Parks example - give some more examples and you might have a point to make.

would you put your super on Carlton to win....

I bought a ticket in tonight’s $50M lottery. When I win the jackpot, I will put the entire amount on a Carlton win. See you all for a pint next week.

You are a very clever person coming onto a football forum and saying you'll back the coaches and inside Club versus footy forum posters- woweee that's genius level stuff- never thought of that and never heard it before - thanks for the education.

FYI - everyone who posts here is a mad Carlton supporter mate - and swapping thought bubbles is what forums are about.

No one has said the sky is falling btw- only you - the responses on here today are in response to the coach evidencing lack of confidence - not supporters.

As for your Parks example - give some more examples and you might have a point to make.

I just don't understand the negativity all week, by everyone, and your post came under my radar. You've taken Teague far too literal and refused to acknowledge the rest of his comments in context. Everywhere on Carlton forums half the supporters appear to be belittling the club, i.e injuries, coaching, development. I've just had enough mate. Back ourselves in for once, we are clearly improving. This does not mean David Teague will be coaching us to top 4 spot in 18 months time, but I guarantee we will be closer to top 4 than bottom 4, with or without Teague. Any one that can't see our progression isn't looking for it. Like you said we are all mad Carlton supporters, try and be positive and get pumped for Saturday night.

I just don't understand the negativity all week, by everyone, and your post came under my radar. You've taken Teague far too literal and refused to acknowledge the rest of his comments in context. Everywhere on Carlton forums half the supporters appear to be belittling the club, i.e injuries, coaching, development. I've just had enough mate. Back ourselves in for once, we are clearly improving. This does not mean David Teague will be coaching us to top 4 spot in 18 months time, but I guarantee we will be closer to top 4 than bottom 4, with or without Teague. Any one that can't see our progression isn't looking for it. Like you said we are all mad Carlton supporters, try and be positive and get pumped for Saturday night.

There are a few others that deserve that critique way more than JAB let me tell you ;)

Next time teague gets asked about a upcoming game he just goes with "If we kick more goals and points than the opposition we will win, next question please "
I think the club should employ Stig O'Hara for pre-game thoughts. I'd especially like to hear the terms "pumped up pig skin" and "through the big sticks" in our press conferences.

I think the club should employ Stig O'Hara for pre-game thoughts. I'd especially like to hear the terms "pumped up pig skin" and "through the big sticks" in our press conferences.
Give Numbers the club instagram... fill the stories with musings, ideas, sayings, real train of thought stuff...

Serious question mate, apart from Parks, what changes due to form do you think we could have made??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kernahan apparel and menu items integral..............

When Kane Cornes is tipping Carlton over his own mob, you know you're doing something right.

I think we match up really well on Port, and have caught them at a good time injury wise. We just need to be aware of some of their forwards - Weiters should go on Marshall, Plowman on Fantasia, Parks on Georgiadis, and Jones on Dixon.

GAME ON!

Screen Shot 2021-04-15 at 2.08.42 pm.png

can totally win this one. we had the pear on toast last year and buggered it up. and their outs are huge. particularly butters. He's been an unbelievable pick up and been playing some really soild footy. take him out gives us hope amongst the others missing. Port often have a barometer player and for me its butters and/or rozee. I remember when Robbie Gray was tearing us a new one and Gibbs knocked him out cold in a dodgy sling tackle. The entire game changed from there and we won. Get gov running clean at the ball and Harry floating around the top of the square and eddie running amok that looks ok to me. midfield battle . walshy and fog to star in the one. Blues by 12. Oh and Kane Cornes tipped us. He's hedging his bets though.:cool:

Agree with sentiments we have been beaten down as a supporter base for too long after flicking through pages of negativity from an offhand answer from the coach.

We are a massive, massive chance Sat night and Teague, Cripps, Doc and the boys know it.
Big stage, good opposition, time to announce ourselves. LFG!! :triumph::triumph::triumph:

See you at the G Saturday night.

I'm Going to this game with my son.
Currently sitting equal top in the Footy Tipping and I'm picking us to win.
This is a major milestone game for us. That we have arrived as a genuine contender.
Whilst I am feeling nervous, I have this inner feeling we are going to show some real steel.
Which is why, I want the MC to drop the passengers like Dow & Setters (not enough urgency in their Body language).
Bring in more grunt and mongrel.

I'm Going to this game with my son.
Currently sitting equal top in the Footy Tipping and I'm picking us to win.
This is a major milestone game for us. That we have arrived as a genuine contender.
Whilst I am feeling nervous, I have this inner feeling we are going to show some real steel.
Which is why, I want the MC to drop the passengers like Dow & Setters (not enough urgency in their Body language).
Bring in more grunt and mongrel.

When did this happen? We've beaten Freo & GC

or did you mean we turn into a contender if we beat port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back