Collingwood @ -10.5
Hawthorn @ -15.5
Geelong @ -26.5
Brisbane @ -8.5
Kangaroos @ -26.5
Adelaide @ -38.5
Sydney @ -36.5
Bulldogs @ -4.5

sorry to sound like an idiot but i've never known what a line bet is. anyone care to explain?

A start is given to one of competing teams, the team giving the start must overcome the start to be declared the winner and the team receiving the start must win the event or lose by a margin less than the start to be declared the winner. Most Line Betting has a 1/2 point included in the line so that no draws can occur. In some instances, no 1/2 point is offered. In the case of the winning margin equaling the start, the match is declared a 'push' and all bets are refunded.

For example if you back Collingwood at -10.5, you would just subtract 10.5 points off Collingwoods final score (ie they have to win by 11 or more points for you to win). If you back the Saints at +10.5, you just add 10.5 points to the Saints final score (they only have to get within 10 points of Collingwood for you to collect). Its done to even up the odds and encourage more betting, instead of having short priced favourites.

sorry to sound like an idiot but i've never known what a line bet is. anyone care to explain?

Every game has a line margin for betting.

The line for the Sydney Essendon game is 37.5 points.

If you think Sydney will win by more than 37.5 points you can take Sydney -37.5 points so if they win by 38 points you are successful.

Alternatively you could take Essendon to win +37.5 ehich mean if Essendon lose the game by 37 points you still win the bet as you are given a head start for taking the underdog.

The line is drawn by the bookies and is generally their idea of what the margin should be.

Expected to be a very wet day in Sydney, and the Swans arn't as dangerous at ANZ as they are at the SCG. The Bombers also have a fairly decent record against the Swans (as compared with most of their other rivals) - I think that line is fairly enticing. The Swans will win in a scrap.
If you feel that way then I would suggest forgetting the line and rather go Essendon +39.5 @ $1.75. A little bit more insurance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back